Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

What Is Your Worse Mid-air Flight Experience? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Worse Mid-air Flight Experience? (462 Views)

Uche Elendu's Arik Air Flight From Lagos To Asaba Crash Lands At A Remote Area / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Worse Mid-air Flight Experience? by mdokaba1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
so I was watching a recent amateur video of a Domestic Naija Airplane that encountered sand-storm. It was hilarious to see those prayers/ speaking in tongues moments from the Nigerian Persengers.

It made me recall my worse albeit funny flight experience and thought i should share.

I boarded an Abuja bound flight from one of the states in the NorthEast. The plane (a mini Jet) actually belongs to my organisation (humanitarian) and it is used for shuttling staff around the country for work and also conduct Medical Evacuation when required.

So on this December 2019 morning, i and other colleagues boarded this plane to ABJ. Unlike commercial planes that cruise on Higher Ultitudes and arrive Abuja at 55 minutes Max, it takes this plane an additional 50minutes to arrive Abuja. Na so e go de do some noisy crawling on air. �‍♂️. We don complain tire

The Worse/funny Part

Each time before boarding this particular plane, i usually empty my bladder in the Gents at the Departure Lounge, because there is no provision for a toilet since it is a small plane. But on this occasion, i didnt do so, as we were already behind take-off time, so i just hopped in.

As per a regular, I noticed that this time, it took us almost 3Hrs to arrive Abj and at some point we start roving 360 degrees mid-air. And my bladder was tank full and i guess some even went into my bowel. Shit o! piss o!, vomit o! All at once. I then began sweating profusedly like a common thief who has been caught. All my life, i had never felt that pressed.

The pilot was not explaining anything as per the reason for the delay in landing. And it seemed like I was the only one who was worried, na so i lock-up too like mumu weh dem want carry go sell, but deep down, i was dying of shit, piss and vomit�.

Las las, after 3hrs plus, we managed to descend the Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport. Then the pilot now stood up from his sest and appologised that the delay was because Baba Buhari was landing at the time, so the airspace was restricted. So he had to rove 360.

I didnt even allow him finish his giberish�, na so I harrased am with my eyes, almost brushed his shoulder and rushed��‍♂️ to the Lav to shit, piss and Vomit�. Belle and body come sweet me die!!!!�.

I will never forgive that man for making me go through alot, neither will i forget this life-threatening experience. �.

Feel free to also share yours.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worse Mid-air Flight Experience? by LMS1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2021
Mine was 8 months ago during covid lockdown.
I was traveling on a bombardier 232 aircraft from abuja enroute Cairo, Egypt.
It was barely 30 minutes after departure and we were mid-Air when our pilot spotted a Roadblock ahead.
He slowed down and a policeman came to our plane window and ordered us to go back that there was lockdown in Ethiopia and we can't fly over there..
I was frustrated so I called a little boy Hawking Oranges to buy some and I did...
But when we landed in Nigeria again I remembered I didn't collect my balance from the boy..
I was very Angry with the pilot because he was so much in a hurry to Reverse back while we were Mid-Air..
But am okay now cheesy

Re: What Is Your Worse Mid-air Flight Experience? by Brainard22: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
LMS1:
It was barely 30 minutes after departure and we were mid-Air when our pilot spotted a Roadblock ahead.
He slowed down and a policeman came to our plane window and ordered us to go back that there was lockdown in Ethiopia and we can't fly over there..
I was frustrated so I called a little boy Hawking Oranges to buy some and I did...
But when we landed in Nigeria again I remembered I didn't collect my balance from the boy..
I was very Angry with the pilot because he was so much in a hurry to Reverse back while we were Mid-Air..
But am okay now cheesy
Wetin you drink na?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worse Mid-air Flight Experience? by mdokaba1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2021
LMS1:
But am okay now cheesy

grin grin
Now this guy will think i was also high on some ille-git before sharing my experience o!

(1) (Reply)

Emancipation Day / In The Uk My First Time Gabmble And I Won Big Money / Breaking news

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.