Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Never Be The Oppressor - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Never Be The Oppressor (3694 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Be The Oppressor by Lukgaf(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
"Oppressing someone through one's position, influence or wealth is unlawful and unacceptable. Islam teaches us that every human being deserves dignity and respect and to undermine anyone's basic human dignity through oppression is prohibited.

Among the most salient characteristics of Rasulullah(SAllallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was that he never oppressed anyone, though he was oppressed by many. Instead, he forgave those who oppressed him and never took revenge for his personal self.

Oppressing someone through one's position, influence or wealth is unlawful and unacceptable. Islam teaches us that every human being deserves dignity and respect and to undermine anyone's basic human dignity through oppression is prohibited.

Rasulullah (SAllallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Oppression will be a darkness (for the perpetrator) on the day of Judgment.” (Bukhari)

Rasulullah (SAllallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Prophet of Allah! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" Rasulullah r replied, "By deterring him from oppressing others.” (Bukhari)

Whilst one may get away with oppression in this world, there will be no escaping justice in the Grand Court of Almighty Allah on the Day of Judgement where all deeds will be laid bare.

If we have hurt or oppressed someone through our tongue, attitude or conduct, we need to seek forgiveness from the victim and repent sincerely. Seeking forgiveness requires humility and a resolution never to be an oppressor

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/social-etiquette/item/8190-never-be-the-oppressor

2 Likes

Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Kunzomanr: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2021
On a norms, I hate those that oppress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Thrones: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2021
Are they really abiding by these teachings? I totally don't think so..

Oppression and wickedness is the order of the day among folks.. Tribal, religious and even economic. Our hearts are so dark and very far from God, even @op.

1 Like

Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Broderick3: 9:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Hmmmmm
It is well
Re: Never Be The Oppressor by auduadeniyi(m): 9:42am On Apr 30, 2021
am second to comment i hate oppressor especially when you have a famele bosss
Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Mccullum: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2021
Good teaching of the holy Prophet (S.A.W)
Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Mightymanna(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2021
Masha Allah
Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Incognito403: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2021
Thrones:
Are they really abiding by these teachings? I totally don't think so..

Oppression and wickedness is the order of the day among folks.. Tribal, religious and even economic. Our hearts are so dark and very far from God, even @op.
It's your pastors who take advantage of your gullibility and dogmatism to rip you off your money then build schools you can't afford and fly in private jets while you can't afford a 1990 volkswagen that you're referring to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Yungbliss(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Hahaha

Religion of Hypocrisy.

I thought you can suppress unbelievers. Arewa1stson, the Pantami's aide can relate.

3 Likes

Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Yungbliss(m): 10:45am On Apr 30, 2021
Incognito403:

It's your pastors who take advantage of your gullibility and dogmatism to rip you off your money then build schools you can't afford and fly in private jets while you can't afford a 1990 volkswagen that you're referring to.

How much is Turkish--Nile University, if your people are moderate.

Tell me one thing that makes you think islam is better than other religions

2 Likes

Re: Never Be The Oppressor by Jibabs2(m): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
Incognito403:

They so much hate Islam to the extent they can't keep away from Islamic topics even though it requires them swear.
Hope they learn from the topic. ALHAMDULILLAH I AM A MUSLIM AND I PRAY TO DIE AS A MUSLIM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Position Of Father In Islam / Why Can't The Quran Be Translated Into English? / Folding Hands (qabd) Vs Hands At The Side (sadl) During Salat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.