Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Governors Of Troubled States Should Quit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Of Troubled States Should Quit. (501 Views)

List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment. / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Ex-Governors Of Lagos State: Photos / Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Of Troubled States Should Quit. by maimalari: 2:18am On Apr 23, 2011
Because the primary responsibility of any governor in Nigeria is the security of life and property of its citizenry, I call on Jonathan to use his good office to effect the immediate removal of the affected governors and replace same with military administrators. This I believe will reduce loss of lives and a successful gubernatorial elections and eventual handover in may to elected governors. I lay blame for all the happenings on the governors whom have shown little or no effort to arrest the situation other than name-calling and dragging the presidency into state affairs.
Your views will be appreciated. And pls don't derail by saying almajiri this, cpc that. Thank u.
Re: Governors Of Troubled States Should Quit. by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Apr 23, 2011
um . . . do you realize that the police is a NATIONAL force? If they are ineffective at the state level, it is because the Government in CHARGE OF THEM, in this case, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is itself the problem?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

It is really befuddling that people would open thread after thread without first making sure they even understand the situation.

http://www.npf.gov.ng/about/Structure.aspx
Re: Governors Of Troubled States Should Quit. by maimalari: 2:32am On Apr 23, 2011
I think if the state governors had been proactive considering the glaring outcome of the presidential elections, the violence would have been controlled. Intelligence gathering and investigations can be sponsored by the state government. The enforcement of the outcome can then be left for the federal police. That is my humble view.
Re: Governors Of Troubled States Should Quit. by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Apr 23, 2011
maimalari:

I think if the state governors had been proactive considering the glaring outcome of the presidential elections, the violence would have been controlled. Intelligence gathering and investigations can be sponsored by the state government. The enforcement of the outcome can then be left for the federal police. That is humble view.

What the heck!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked You are told the police, in charge of handling the intelligence gathering and all necessary investigations, is not even in the control of the state, but somehow you think what you have above makes sense, given what you now know??  shocked shocked shocked shocked

What could be the reason why you are also unwilling to lay blame where you really ought to here. . , just humor me! Why are people so unwilling to be honest about what is going on?

(1) (Reply)

I Will Probe Akala-ajimobi / Bauchi Governor Blames Inec For Murder Of Corps Members / News On Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.