Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account (2469 Views)

Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs / Help, This Guy Stole My J3 Samsung Phone! / He Drugged, Raped And Stole My Phones, Says Facebook Lover (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by GraduatesGrant(m): 9:01am On Apr 28, 2021
Good morning all, i boarded a bus from ikeja to ogba on monday afternoon. i was at the back seat of the korokpe bus. when we got to cartapilla bus stop for me to alight. the bus was very tight and i was with a heavy carton so struggled to get off the bus but immediately i noticed my phone was not with me and i chatted with someone while in the bus. the bus had already zoomed off and there was this guy with me at the back seat.

i beckoned on a shop seller to drop the carton i carried and tried tracing the bus but all to no avail. I went to guy to dialed my number it was switched off. after i finished what i went to do at the office at ogba, the boss heard about my ordeal and requested for my account number and he sent 5k that he's sorry that i should manage it based on what happened. immediately he made the transfer that was when i try to checked for my ATM card and noticed its also gone. so i kept calm and was wondering how the ATM got missing. when i got home i called UBA and blocked my ATM not knowing that the guy that took my phone could operate through my USSD code. he put on the phone, we called all through but no response.

I went to the bank yesterday to reapply for another ATM but was told my account is #59 i was weak to my bone, i was told the transfer was executed through USSD code. so i asked them to freeze the account, this is what i would had done when i called the bank customer care line the previous day.
I went to MTN to welcome back my SIM so i was able to get my google account and logged in my gmail and saw the debit alert showing the guys surname and first name abbreviated.

i further used my google account to traced the location of my phone and it gave me the address where my phone is as at last night.

PLEASE I HAVE MY PHONE IMEI, how do i go about this, i can't let this guy get away with this. please i need your professional advise.
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Draslo(m): 9:15am On Apr 28, 2021
Looks to me like your problem is half solved. All you need are some very angry boys to follow you to the last known GPS location.

I should also advise you that after this experience, you should initiate the security lock on your SIM. Once you do this, anyone who steals your phone will probably throw the SIM away because they'll have no access to it.

Also, are you saying MTN is now retrieving and registering new SIMs?

6 Likes

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 28, 2021
Go with soldiers and make sure they beat him
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Tezcatlipoca(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2021
Wtf
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by GraduatesGrant(m): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Draslo:
Looks to me like your problem is half solved. All you need are some very angry boys to follow you to the last known GPS location.

I should also advise you that after this experience, you should initiate the security lock on your SIM. Once you do this, anyone who steals your phone will probably throw the SIM away because they'll have no access to it.

Thanks, yes you can retrieve your sim, just go with your NIN slip, sim pack/affidavit and #100

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Draslo(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2021
GraduatesGrant:

Thanks, yes you can retrieve your sim, just go with your NIN slip, sim pack/affidavit and #100
Thanks!
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Jasper1759: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2021
Good morning. I went through ur story... Very sorry about it. I my phone was stolen on Monday also... How did u use ur Google account to track ur phone...pliz
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Angrygoat: 10:39am On Apr 28, 2021
You quite unlucky,some days ago my second phone almost slipped off my pocket b4 alighting from keke. Then and there i now rem how my iPhone xr slipped or was stolen codedly from my pocket and I knew 15mins later. Well I wasn't bothered cos my acct no to get br like 20k. I slept off and was sad tho,the following say I go pos withdrew the 20k,go uba changed my alert sim . I think what saved me was the iphone was locked plus the thieves probably ddnt know hw to remove micro sim nd do ussd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Angrygoat: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2021
Don't waste your money to police for tracking, my own 30k that I paid since feb till now for police tracking,na so so story dem dey tellme . Just bone and buy another one.
GraduatesGrant:
Good morning all, i boarded a bus from ikeja to ogba on monday afternoon. i was at the back seat of the korokpe bus. when we got to cartapilla bus stop for me to alight. the bus was very tight and i was with a heavy carton so struggled to get off the bus but immediately i noticed my phone was not with me and i chatted with someone while in the bus. the bus had already zoomed off and there was this guy with me at the back seat.

i beckoned on a shop seller to drop the carton i carried and tried tracing the bus but all to no avail. I went to guy to dialed my number it was switched off. after i finished what i went to do at the office at ogba, the boss heard about my ordeal and requested for my account number and he sent 5k that he's sorry that i should manage it based on what happened. immediately he made the transfer that was when i try to checked for my ATM card and noticed its also gone. so i kept calm and was wondering how the ATM got missing. when i got home i called UBA and blocked my ATM not knowing that the guy that took my phone could operate through my USSD code. he put on the phone, we called all through but no response.

I went to the bank yesterday to reapply for another ATM but was told my account is #59 i was weak to my bone, i was told the transfer was executed through USSD code. so i asked them to freeze the account, this is what i would had done when i called the bank customer care line the previous day.
I went to MTN to welcome back my SIM so i was able to get my google account and logged in my gmail and saw the debit alert showing the guys surname and first name abbreviated.

i further used my google account to traced the location of my phone and it gave me the address where my phone is as at last night.

PLEASE I HAVE MY PHONE IMEI, how do i go about this, i can't let this guy get away with this. please i need your professional advise.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by cybertyrant(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Jasper1759:
Good morning. I went through ur story... Very sorry about it. I my phone was stolen on Monday also... How did u use ur Google account to track ur phone...pliz
i suppose its google find my phone, it is not pre installed in some android phones, download it at play store

1 Like

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by stanley000: 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
Angrygoat:
You quite unlucky,some days ago my second phone almost slipped off my pocket b4 alighting from keke. Then and there i now rem how my iPhone xr slipped or was stolen codedly from my pocket and I knew 15mins later. Well I wasn't bothered cos my acct no to get br like 20k. I slept off and was sad tho,the following say I go pos withdrew the 20k,go uba changed my alert sim . I think what saved me was the iphone was locked plus the thieves probably ddnt know hw to remove micro sim nd do ussd
trust iphones with their security protocols, the thief will offload all knowledge in his head and still won't unlock it.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by fatymore(f): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Someone should help this guy please. This is getting too much.

My brother was a victim of fraudster/kidnappers last week Thursday. More than 400k wiped off
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by CryptoMatic: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
Trace him via the account number he sent your money to, with the help of security agents your bank can can give you his personal details, so that you can track him

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by idowuh98(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2021
Go to your bank with the account details, you can get his account locked and his BVN flagged for fraud
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by rookidmart: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
OP, I'm sorry for your loss but I'm more curious about how your money was transferred via USSD..
Don't you usually need a PIN to carry out USSD transactions?

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by gasparpisciotta: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
*Very Important Information*

If you (or anyone around u) lose a phone, here is a guide to prevent financial losses.

The thieves steal victims' money from their bank accounts using USSD. So incase anyone loses phone around you, quickly help deactivate USSD profile to his/her BANK ACCOUNT by dialing the below codes from ANY PHONE.

1. Access: *901*911#
2. Zenith: *966*911#
3. GTB: *737*51*74#
4. WEMA: *945*911#
5. FirstBank: *894*911#
6. Keystone: *7111*911#
7. UBA: *919*911#
8. FCMB: *329*911#
9. Sterling Bank: *822*911#
10. Unity Bank: *7799*911#
11. Fidelity Bank: *770*911#
12. Heritage Bank: *745*7#
I3. Ecobank *326*911#

When you dial the code from any line, you will be asked to enter the phone number you want to deactivate, and that settles it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by GraduatesGrant(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
Thank you all for your kind words.
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by GraduatesGrant(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2021
rookidmart:
OP, I'm sorry for your loss but I'm more curious about how your money was transferred via USSD..
A mystery i'm still trying to unravel
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by rookidmart: 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
GraduatesGrant:

Weren't you told anything at the bank?
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by nedekid: 12:40am On Apr 29, 2021
Angrygoat:
Do a sim password on the line you use for banking and alerts.
Not a phone password oh. I mean a sim password. If ones phone is stolen and they remove the sim, invariably it will be Usless to them.
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by nedekid: 12:44am On Apr 29, 2021
rookidmart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9qzbDOz3S8
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by expatriate(m): 4:16am On Apr 29, 2021
GraduatesGrant:

It's very easy!
Dialing 901 reveals all the bank u use
Dialing 901*100# recharges the stolen line to know which account has money in it.
Dialing a default password of 00000 helps him create new password for ur account ussd service.
Wiping ur money with the password he created is as easy as ABC.
Ignorance of not using USSD B4 they stole the phone is what happened to you.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Even when u use mobile app, make sure u have activated ur ussd also to have the password urself.

Most importantly is looking ur Sim card.
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by 27Pushing30: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2021
Draslo:

Why angry boys? why not the police? if the boys get there hit the thief who then collapses and dies then ordinary phone will loss will send this complainant to jail.

Make una dey calm down lol
Re: Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2021
quick question dont they use pin code wen making ussd transactions?

(1) (Reply)

Edo Big Boy, Others Arrested For Armed Robbery, Days After He Flaunted Money / Canadian Police Shook After Tasing Man Many Times & He Was Still Standing (vid) / "Man Caught Unclad While Having Sex With His Son". Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.