Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread (11588 Views)

Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / Would You Buy This Air Conditioning Motorcycle Helmet For ₦218 Thousand? / Motorcyclist Used CD As The Side Mirror For His Motorcycle In Ondo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2021
We don’t post much about bikes on here so I’ll entertain some of yah all with my exploits.

I picked up a Suzuki GSX600F and a BMW R1100R ABS this week. Special thanks to Shagati and Gazzuzz who valiantly tried to assist me. I just have to realize that I might be retired but most people I know are not and are busy people grin

I rode the Suzuki back from Osogbo but paid someone to ride the BMW down from Ajjah.

Both were sold as “Tokunbo” but they are most definitely not. I’m okay with it because I “stole” them price wise. So one can say that the eyes saw what it wanted to see grin

None of these bikes will be restored. But I will try to unNigerianize what has been Nigerianized. Yah all know what I mean.

The Suzuki:

Makes all the sweet sounds, runs like a raped ape, has decent tires. I performed an oil change using K&N filter and Visco 2000 oil. Cleaned and lubed the chain.

I foresee this being replaced by a classic GSXR1000 soon.

The BMW:

Well, it rode down from Lagos under its own power abi cheesy

I stalled out on the way home and the battery is dead. I’ll sort out a proper brand new battery today. Of note, I tried jump starting it and even in 3rd gear it simply locked the tires. In my layman’s opinion this means that the engine has very good compression. A very good thing.

I need to change the oil before I even start riding it but I can’t find a K&N163 locally.

Anyways keep tuned for our exploits.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by BamBamK: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2021
thank you for this thread

5 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Shagati(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I stalled out on the way home and the battery is dead. I’ll sort out a proper brand new battery today. Of note, I tried jump starting it and even in 3rd gear it simply locked the tires. In my layman’s opinion this means that the engine has very good compression. A very good thing.

You will need to be in 3rd gear and no less than 40km/r to jumpstart a Beemer Boxer grin grin grin
Trust me, I know this. cry

Congrats on your find x2!
Looking forward to updates.................

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2021
Shagati:

You will need to be in 3rd gear and no less than 40km/r to jumpstart a Beemer Boxer grin grin grin

Thanks.

I just thought it was fiscal irresponsibility if I passed on a running BMW for the price. That’s how I lost out on a classic Mini Cooper in Ibadan. I’ve sworn not to have a repeat performance.

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2021
My month old TVS sitting forlorn in the background knowing there’s no hope of me straddling It anytime soon grin

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by afoife: 10:49am On Apr 28, 2021
Egbon, I am very interested in saving you thee pain of allowing the TVS occupy viable space in the garage, may I come over to purchase [i][/i]the TVS?

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2021
afoife:
Egbon, I am very interested in saving you thee pain of allowing the TVS occupy viable space in the garage, may I come over to purchase [i][/i]the TVS?

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:22am On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
We don’t post much about bikes on here so I’ll entertain some of yah all with my exploits.

I picked up a Suzuki GSXF600 and a BMW R1100R this week. Special thanks to Shagati and Gazzuzz who valiantly tried to assist me. I just have to realize that I might be retired but most people I know are not and are busy people grin

I rode the Suzuki back from Osogbo but paid someone to ride the BMW down from Ajjah.

Both were sold as “Tokunbo” but they are most definitely not. I’m okay with it because I “stole” them price wise. So one can say that the eyes say what it wanted to see grin

None of these bikes will be restored. But I will try to unNigerianize what has been Nigerianized. Yah all know what I mean.

The Suzuki:

Makes all the sweet sounds, runs like a raped ape, has decent tires. I performed an oil change using K&N filter and Visco 2000 oil. Cleaned and lined the chain.

I foresee this being replaced by a classic GSXR1000 soon.

The BMW:

Well, it rode down from Lagos under its own power abi cheesy

I need to change the oil before I even start riding it but I can’t find a K&N163 locally.

Anyways keep tuned for our exploits.

Or you lost some good weight grin

Congrats on your barn finds, looks like a 2 for the price of one cool

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 11:48am On Apr 28, 2021
Angel eyes auxiliary lights.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by baconline(m): 11:52am On Apr 28, 2021
Guess I might meet u on the streets of ibadan!!! I drive smart fortwo

5 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
baconline:
Guess I might meet u on the streets of ibadan!!! I drive smart fortwo

I’ll keep an eye out. There’s a guy repairing them behind First Bank, Oke Ado.

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Kirkman: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
Shagati:

It's been a while we heard from you sir, I miss your road trip threads and also your car buying/upgrade/ restoration threads from way back. Especially the BMW threads. You have been missed.

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by afoife: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=101196585][/quote]

called the number already.... no response

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2021
Still can’t find K&N163 in Ibadan. Found a K&N164 in my stash. It’s shorter.

Pictured is what I removed from the bike and a K&N 164.

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Kirkman: 11:13am On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Still can’t find K&N163 in Ibadan. Found a K&N164 in my stash. It’s shorter.

Pictured is what I removed from the bike and a K&N 164.
Can't a couple of the oil filters be ordered from the USA just in case of future oil changes sir?

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kirkman:

Can't a couple of the oil filters be ordered from the USA just in case of future oil changes sir?

Yes, I’ll be in the USA in a few months and will be loading containers back. I need this now.

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
afoife:

called the number already.... no response

I believe we spoke yesterday.

Thanks.
Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
Emi agba rewire fun rami grin

Now we have a functioning tail and stop lights.

It seems easy but I’ve never mastered wiring a relay sad

5 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Kirkman: 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yes, I’ll be in the USA in a few months and will be loading containers back. I need this now.
Allright sir. Happy travels grin

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Shagati(m): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kirkman:

It's been a while we heard from you sir, I miss your road trip threads and also your car buying/upgrade/ restoration threads from way back. Especially the BMW threads. You have been missed.

Tuale sir!!
Life happened and there is now less money time for dem exploits.

Resuming soon though as soon as I am able to juggle things wink

5 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Kirkman: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
Shagati:

Tuale sir!!
Life happened and there is now less money time for dem exploits.

Resuming soon though as soon as I am able to juggle things wink
Allright sir, I understand. Do kindly keep us posted.
Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by jidobaba(m): 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hoping to see an electric scooter thread soon in these parts. They are all the rage now but shipping to naija from china will be headache.

P.S. I have the small rental type(m365) but these beefier ones make mad sense.

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 4:20am On May 02, 2021
Naked. Nothing broken but just unfng what’s been f’d by the locals.

Automotive type alternator.

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 4:31am On May 02, 2021
Some motivational pictures cool

If I have to pick one thing I miss the most about USA, it’s the easy access to aftermarket mod parts.

4 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 4:26am On Jun 06, 2021
Changed transmission and differential oil. I found regular engine oil in the final drive. I’ll follow up with another oil change in a month to flush out any remnants.

I used Total 85W90 in both sumps.

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 4:28am On Jun 06, 2021
I also had the starter rebuilt on the BMW.

BMW R1100R starter on top, spare Suzuki GSX600F starter on bottom for comparison.

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by lulocs: 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Following.

Thank you for the detailed narrative.
I look forward to more updates.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
I modified the stock exhausts note to be more noticeable. I’m quite satisfied with the resulting tone.

I most likely won’t be getting any aftermarket exhaust now.

I will weld up a cat delete pipe in the near future to replace the cat box. Should increase my ground clearance.

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
Sometimes I’m lucky with preowned purchases when previous owners are enthusiasts.

The BMW came with $900 front shock and $600 rear shock.

3 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by Elxandre(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Some motivational pictures cool

If I have to pick one thing I miss the most about USA, it’s the easy access to aftermarket mod parts.
Won't bumbum pain someone on these small seats like this? grin

2 Likes

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by EgunMogaji2: 3:55am On Jun 09, 2021
Elxandre:

Won't bumbum pain someone on these small seats like this? grin

No pain, no gain cheesy

1 Like

Re: EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread by nymphomaniac(m): 5:55am On Jun 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

No pain, no gain cheesy
but u can’t carry any one abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Medical Report For Your Tinted Car / Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment / What Are The Issues With Golf 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.