Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees (33249 Views)

IMSU ASUU Faults FG's Offer, Gives Fresh Conditions To End The Strike / Popular Courses In Netherlands For International Students / Top Reasons To Consider Netherlands For Higher Education In 2020-2021 (2) (3) (4)

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2021
IS NOT ABOUT REJECTED YOUR DEGREE BUT SUPPOSED CAN DEFEND YOUR DEGREE BECAUSE YOU GUY'S ARE NOT AWARE OF THE DANGERS THE ASU STRIKE WILL PUT YOU GUY'S
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by Jamesz12: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2021
I was reading line by line to see the trouble.
Which trouble abeg.
Old retarded bunch of corrupt diseased destiny killers.
Who takes you people serious anymore, all what you know is to frustrate the female students, sell handouts and textbooks even go as far as openly declaring that A is for God and B is for you.
Pu**y lickers, self centered old corrupt product of a corrupt failed system. Nigerian lecturers are only good in frustrating the students and playing God

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by WaffenSS(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2021
See a single black here? No?

Then you now know all you need to know about the Dutch.

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2021
YEBOmadiba:

Egypt is probably classified under the Middle East.

Okay, Makerere University and Addis Ababa University?
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by Goalnaldo(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2021
Shout out to us who didn't block any course in higher institution. We were not part of the educational decline and malpractice in this country.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:
That university is ill informed, ecen if they want to leave out Nigeria universities, i believe covenant university should be included.

Secondly, they said only Ghanaian and South African Universities are accepted in Africa.

That shows the University itself doesn't know about Africa. You left out makerere University, the American University, Cairo.

No Ghanaian University ranks in the first 10 Universities in Africa. I believe Egyptian Universities should be on that list.
The problem is not much about the citadel of learning in Nigeria but leadership. how can a great country like Nigeria be governed by ignoramus? Ghana present leader was a graduate of Oxford university, the vice president was Cambridge graduate . just look at the set of leaders( profile) governing the country and that will give you a glimpse of quality of ideas that these set of leaders will be discussing.

well you will need a 180 credit point to have a Dutch bsc equivalent. same as German no Nigeria uni Is doing this I guess.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by YEBOmadiba: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

I'm not familiar with this story but maybe they rank overall country systems and not individual universities.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

Ghana is well governed than Uganda and Ethiopia combine. you can validate and cross check a bogus degree in Ghana with just a click of searching . National accreditation board. that is transparency.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by Martinez39s(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2021
Oh really? But Nigerian university departments, out of sadism, strife, and/or jealously, reject and fail to recognize post-graduate degrees from other countries. undecided

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
The problem is not much about the citadel of learning in Nigeria but leadership. how can a great country like Nigeria be governed by ignoramus? Ghana present leader was a graduate of Oxford university, the vice president was Cambridge graduate . just look at the set of leaders( profile) governing the country and that will give you a glimpse of quality of ideas that this set of leaders will be discussing.

well you will need a 180 credit point to have a Dutch bsc equivalent. same as German no Nigeria uni Is doing this I guess.

I totally understand that, however, my point is, look at the institutions ans not the country leaders.....South Africas past president wasn't really educated, the point is focus on the schools and their breakthroughs.

I once applied to a school in Germany sometimes back, they evaluated the school I graduated from, then they evaluated my transcripts, then they evaluated me, and I got the admission. I still have the evaluation records and reports, unfortunately I couldn't make it due to some reasons.

My point is, great minds abound in every country, don't deny them based on assumptions.

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
Ghana is well governed than Uganda and Ethiopia combine. you can validate and cross check a bogus degree in Ghana with just a click of searching . National accreditation board. that is transparency.

Have you ever been to Ethiopia or any university there We are talking about an institution and her ground breaking inventions and innovations, which has made them ranked number 7 and 11 in Africa respectively.

This are rankings made by Government and international institutions bigger and more equiped than the University of Amsterdam, so what has the governance of the country got to do with that

Know your worth irrespective of your country. I once heard a Nigerian girl who made a university in Canada to stop asking Nigerian students for English proficiency exam before they can be admitted.

I don't know your country, however, Nigeria as great minds irrespective of her government, does that mean a Nigerian shouldn't be given the position of Director General of World Trade Organisation because Nigeria is ill governed?

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by CSTRR: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
Oga, you are over thinking this.

There is nothing special about Ghana or their education.
The country as a whole is just riding on a wave of positivity which is a good thing though and a plus to the competence of their government.

The excuse of that Amsterdam school was that bachelors in subsaharan Africa is not commensurate with bachelors in Europe, which is not true.

Nigerians Excel in European post graduate programs with Nigerian degrees.
It's not just a few Nigerians, it's most.

A third class graduate in Nigeria was called a genius in Canada by his post graduate professors.

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

I totally understand that, however, my point is, look at the institutions ans not the country leaders.....South Africas past president wasn't really educated, the point is focus on the schools and their breakthroughs.

I once applied to a school in Germany sometimes back, they evaluated the school I graduated from, then they evaluated my transcripts, then they evaluated me, and I got the admission. I still have the evaluation records and reports, unfortunately I couldn't make it due to some reasons.

My point is, great minds abound in every country, don't deny them based on assumptions.
It's not the heavy presence of academic scholars from Nigeria that makes the certificates authentic with value. It's about the kind of systems that are put in place by their leaders which both lectures and students are compelled to go through. The systems in Ghanaian universities are very rigorous undoubtedly as the school in Netherlands suggest .

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
It's not the heavy presence of academic scholars from Nigeria that makes the certificates authentic with value. It's about the kind of systems that are put in place by their leaders which both lectures and students are compelled to go through. The systems in Ghanaian universities are very rigorous undoubtedly as the school in Netherlands suggest .

More rigorous than convernant University. My point is simple. Focus on the institutions and not the country.

You made mention of Ghana, don't we have Nigerians schooling there, and they said there is no big deal there??
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by rampantlover: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2021
Is there any university like this in Nigeria? Lol I don't blame university of Amsterdam. It's all about quality and not quantity

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by petitejolie(f): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2021
In trouble how? U go flog Dem? Dem no want b say Dem no want na.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:32am On Apr 29, 2021
CSTRR:

Oga, you are over thinking this.

There is nothing special about Ghana or their education.
The country as a whole is just riding on a wave of positivity which is a good thing though and a plus to the competence of their government.

The excuse of that Amsterdam school was that bachelors in subsaharan Africa is not commensurate with bachelors in Europe, which is not true.

Nigerians Excel in European post graduate programs with Nigerian degrees.
It's not just a few Nigerians, it's most.

A third class graduate in Nigeria was called a genius in Canada by his post graduate professors.

probably it might be true. there is what is called ""European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)""The ECTS (European Credit Transfer System that sets the total load of a full-time student in one year of study to be 60 ECTS credits) . Nigeria unis might not be doing this . you will need to cross check.

As I said , it is not about the citadel of learning in question but the kind of policy that develops authentic and quality expertise.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by edoairways: 10:36am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

More rigorous than convernant University. My point is simple. Focus on the institutions and not the country.

You made mention of Ghana, don't we have Nigerians schooling there, and they said there is no big deal there??
Is covenant universitiy rigorous in their postgraduate and undergraduate degree?
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by edoairways: 10:38am On Apr 29, 2021
rampantlover:
Is there any university like this in Nigeria? Lol I don't blame university of Amsterdam. It's all about quality and not quantity
Then why judge the cover of a book
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:39am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

it doesn't matter ? is covenants uni not under the umbrella of Nigeria educational system?

there is more student from America schooling in Ghana than any country in Africa except south Africa. that signal a bell. in general, this is a positive vibe which I reckon was as a result of their positive policy and great marketing. maybe Nigeria should learn better. by default it supposed to be Nigeria based on the economy advantage.

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by prophetfire: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
Why are there heavy presence of Nigerian academics of leading scholars in universities in Ghana and South Africa in the first place? Fix the problem and stop the excuses. Nigeria having leading scholars in Ghana and South Africa Universities does not make the quality of Nigeria University education higher. ASUU is failing Nigeria student who are very intelligent.
. It's not ASUU's fault. Blame your government. Not just Buharis but all of them. No enabling environment for them to thrive here. Government is not interested in education.

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by ruffDiamond: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2021
you call this present generation of glorified primary school university?lols ..school wey don scatter since,old curriculum, archaic, outdated syllabus, barely capable, or untrained teachers,lecturer, corrupt ,inferior education system,the list is endless.. when I was in college,in the 90s,as a science student then ,chemistry being one of my subject, we were all mandated to buy this chemistry textbook known as STAN..written and compiled by NIGERIAN AUTHOR ..we did until I ran into Ababio,(don't know if I got the spelling right) ol,boy!that chemistry text book is the work of Ghanaian Author! very detail to a fault!I got a C in my chemistry as result of studying that book! naija education don cast forget!
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by olakintanj(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2021
I stand with ASUU on this

vaxx:
A University in Amsterdam is in trouble for rejecting degrees from Nigeria, whiles accepting degrees from Ghana and South Africa

https://punchng.com/ASUU-others-fault-netherlands-on-africas-bsc-certificates/
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2021
edoairways:

Is covenant universitiy rigorous in their postgraduate and undergraduate degree?

Extremely. You wonder why their graduates get employed quickly?? Because they can show, defend and prove what they have learnt.

Most of the international companies such as delloite, KPMG, British American Tobacco etc. in Nigeria employ Convernant graduates.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by damiloladuke: 10:47am On Apr 29, 2021
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by onuman: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2021
In Nigeria, Western Education had since become Haram since Nigeria’s leadership got clinched by Islamists who are sympathetic to the cause of Boko Haram.

Boko Haram says it’s fighting for a Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, the same criminal justice system adopted by the 12 northern sharia states since 1999.
In Nigeria, Universities close nearly throughout the session due to stage managed strikes, but open to conduct exams and award degrees therefrom.

Groups in Nigeria who do not want to be part of Nigeria anymore are blackmailed and coerced with the armed forces of Nigeria led by by sympathizers of the Haram to stay put in one Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:50am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

Have you ever been to Ethiopia or any university there We are talking about an institution and her ground breaking inventions and innovations, which has made them ranked number 7 and 11 in Africa respectively.

This are rankings made by Government and international institutions bigger and more equiped than the University of Amsterdam, so what has the governance of the country got to do with that

Know your worth irrespective of your country. I once heard a Nigerian girl who made a university in Canada to stop asking Nigerian students for English proficiency exam before they can be admitted.

I don't know your country, however, Nigeria as great minds irrespective of her government, does that mean a Nigerian shouldn't be given the position of Director General of World Trade Organisation because Nigeria is ill governed?

in transparency and quality of leadership. Ghana edge Ethiopia.

Nigeria is great country just like the rest of Africa. what we need are quality policy t ha will attract speedy development in every sector.

they are great mind everywhere in regardless of races.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
it doesn't matter ? is covenants uni not under the umbrella of Nigeria educational system?

there is more student from America schooling in Ghana than any country in Africa except south Africa. that signal a bell. in general, this is a positive vibe which I reckon was as a result of their positive policy and great marketing. maybe Nigeria should learn better. by default it supposed to be Nigeria based on the economy advantage.

You're running around the bush, you're still missing the point. We have Nigeria students getting more Ivy college admissions than any country in Africa.

Just a single Nigerian student getting 8 shots to Ivy colleges, we have Nigerian students who graduated from Nigeria and are presently doing their masters in Havard and Oxford, Cambridge MIT etc.

The point is focus on the strenght of the institutions and the students and not where they are coming from.

Ngozi Iweala is the DG of WTO. So must she be denied that position because her country of Origin is been ruled by an illiterate? Focus on an individual and the institutions.

By the way, Nigerians don't need University of Amsterdam before they get their M.sc. Only daily basis, Nigerians get admitted to the best Universities in the world. University of Amsterdam is ranked 64th.........Nigerians are graduating from better ranked Universities...

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by onuman: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2021
chiiraq802:
University in Amsterdam is in trouble for rejecting degrees
from Nigeria.....

Which kain trouble abeg Mk ASUU shift comot for my front

Ha ha ha. Buharists will tell you, after all, Nigeria is a SOVEREIGN NATION like the Netherlands; therefore, Nigeria shall retaliate against the Netherlands. Perhaps, retaliation by stopping to sell crude oil to the Netherlands.
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by mofedamijo(m): 10:54am On Apr 29, 2021
vaxx:
in transparency and quality of leadership. Ghana edge Ethiopia.

Nigeria is great country just like the rest of Africa. what we need are quality policy t ha will attract speedy development in every sector.

they are great mind everywhere in regardless of policy.

If you're talking about best governed countries in Africa, we have Rwanda, Mauritius, Botswana and Namibia are better governed than Ghana. Therefore your point is baseless in this regard.

If it were to be about governance, this countries should therefore be included.

In my own opinion, i believe the University of Amsterdam goofed on this on. Enjoy your day.

Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by Olaideolayemi(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2021
That criteria for M.sc in that business school is rubbish...what did they want to teach, Did they want to bring new knowledge? Or adding to existing knowledge.. That's y,I don't believed in this international school..If not strike,and poor educational material and poor educational support... Nigerian university too are trying..
Re: ASUU Faults Netherlands For Rejecting Nigeria Degrees & Accepting Ghana Degrees by vaxx: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2021
mofedamijo:

If you're talking about best governed countries in Africa, we have Rwanda, Mauritius, Botswana and Namibia are better than governed than Ghana. Therefore your point is baseless in this regard.

If it were to be about governance, this countries should therefore be included.

In my own opinion, i believe the University of Amsterdam goofed on this on. Enjoy your day.
Ghana Is The 6th Best Governed Country In Africa

Ghana came out as 6th best governed country in Africa in the inaugural Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) report for 2021.

The index ranks countries in terms of government capabilities and outcomes, which the Chandler Institute of Governance says is “essential for delivering prosperity and opportunity for citizens”.

The index focuses on seven pillars: leadership and foresight; robust laws and policies; strong institutions; financial stewardship; attractive marketplace; global influence and reputation; and helping people rise. It is a practical tool for all governments to understand and benchmark their capabilities.

Here are the top 10 best governed countries in Africa:

1. Mauritius
2. Rwanda
3. Botswana
4. South Africa
5. Senegal
6. Ghana ��
7. Namibia
8. Kenya
9. Tanzania
10. Uganda

#Source: www.chandlerinstitute.org

Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions / Sex For Grades: Prof. Okwechime Emmanuel Of UNIBEN Defends Lecturers / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60