Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen (1513 Views)

See Speaker Gbaja’s Tweet On Recent Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In S’Africa / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times / New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by Gjrich(m): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries His Eyes Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen

The governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has cried his eyes out on the recent massacre of people of Uzouwani and Nimbo towns.

The governor lamented thus: " I put a call across to the president, I was put on hold for over an hour and fifteen minutes. However, the President's aide told me that the president will get back to me.

The president through his aide after 4 hours told me that the president will do something about the situation."

Also, the governor confirmed, "my relative was among the people who witnessed this call. And having heard that the police have not arrived at Uzouwani, I called the GOC 82 Division for an action to prevent the herdsmen attack. But this time around, I was put on hold for 2 hours. While waiting to speak to the president, a news came in that a preventable attack by herdsmen has actually taken place.

Within an hour after the herdsmen coordinated attacks, the Commissioner and GOC had mobilized their men to prevent reprisal attack."

The governor lamented that the action of the Commissioner and GOC are ridiculous and barbaric because if they had acted when called upon the attack would not have occured.

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by doggedfighter(f): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
undecided

No comportment or contribution as a leader.

Always presenting his chubby frame and nonsense tears.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by donbachi(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
Fools
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by obama30: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
Gjrich:
Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries His Eyes Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen

The governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has cried his eyes out on the recent massacre of people of Uzouwani and Nimbo towns.

The governor lamented thus: " I put a call across to the president, I was put on hold for over an hour and fifteen minutes. However, the President's aide told me that the president will get back to me.

The president through his aide after 4 hours told me that the president will do something about the situation."

Also, the governor confirmed, "my relative was among the people who witnessed this call. And having heard that the police have not arrived at Uzouwani, I called the GOC 82 Division for an action to prevent the herdsmen attack. But this time around, I was put on hold for 2 hours. While waiting to speak to the president, a news came in that a preventable attack by herdsmen has actually taken place.

Within an hour after the herdsmen coordinated attacks, the Commissioner and GOC had mobilized their men to prevent reprisal attack."

The governor lamented that the action of the Commissioner and GOC are ridiculous and barbaric because if they had acted when called upon the attack would not have occured.

It takes you many years to speak up, yet you join hand to plan assassination of MNK

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2021
Within an hour after the herdsmen coordinated attacks, the Commissioner and GOC had mobilized their men to prevent reprisal attack." The bolded is the only thing Buhari directed them to be doing. They are only to make sure that the people don't fight the Fulanis back. This is why they tagged ESN terrorists and this is why the DSS is causing chaos in the guise of UGM in SE to discredit IPOB and ESN.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by Fejoku: 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
Yet the one Nigerianists will want us to believe the presidency are ignorant of the fulani terrorists activities. For them to keep him on hold shows they're aware and actually sanctioned that attack. The GOC is in to the attack hence he kept the governor waiting for 4hrs only to come out when they heard of reprisals.
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by aniomadei1975: 12:22am On Apr 29, 2021
Old story
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by aniomadei1975: 12:23am On Apr 29, 2021
Fake news

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by fitzmayowa: 1:41am On Apr 29, 2021
The day of reckoning is coming for the Fulani's who think they have the monopoly of violence, they forgot that their chief patron has less than 2 years in power, by the time everybody in the country turn against them the ethnic cleansing that happened in Rwanda might be a joke....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by NOwazobia: 3:14am On Apr 29, 2021
More blood will be miss with the drum of his tears and more of his calls will be place on hold if he keeps on acting a poultry chicken.
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by immortal2: 3:53am On Apr 29, 2021
Foolish governor. You called a Fulani GOC to prevent his people from attacking your own people, but he ignored your call. Only for him to send soldiers to prevent reprisal.

Is that not what we have been saying all along that the presence of the Nigerian army is a Fulani garrison to protect their interest.

Some people are doing a good job about these garrisons.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by flamingREED(m): 4:47am On Apr 29, 2021
When...
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by SmartPolician: 4:57am On Apr 29, 2021
doggedfighter:
undecided

No comportment or contribution as a leader.

Always presenting his chubby frame and nonsense tears.

You cannot really blame him. You see, Nigeria is a funny country. The governor is called the chief security officer of his state but he doesn't control the police and military.

The GOC and Commissioner of Police in a state can decide to turn down a governor's request to act because, according to the constitution, they don't take orders from the governor. That's why state governors are calling for state police.

Fulanis people need to calm down because Buhari won't be president forever. A day of reckoning is coming. There's a limit to what a man can bear.
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by helinues: 6:01am On Apr 29, 2021
Sissy governor, continue crying instead of facing the bull by the horn
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by ygowon: 6:04am On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

Rule 1
I send?
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by doggedfighter(f): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
SmartPolician:

You cannot really blame him. You see, Nigeria is a funny country. The governor is called the chief security officer of his state but he doesn't control the police and military.

The GOC and Commissioner of Police in a state can decide to turn down a governor's request to act because, according to the constitution, they don't take orders from the governor. That's why state governors are calling for state police.

Fulanis people need to calm down because Buhari won't be president forever. A day of reckoning is coming. There's a limit to what a man can bear.
I totally agree with you.

Just that this whole thing is tiring cry
Re: Enugu Massacre: Governor Ugwuanyi Cries Out On Recent Massacre By Herdsmen by KAHBOOM: 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2021
God bless the defenders of Igbo land and lovers of justice

(1) (Reply)

It may be time to Remove The Fuel Subsidy in other To save the Naira. / See What Northern Governors Are Meeting Today For / PDP PRIMARIES: Fayose Endorses Segun Oni, Urges Supporters To Vote Massively For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.