Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child (20896 Views)

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House / When Is The Best Age To Become A Father? / When Is The Best Period To Introduce A Child To Sex Education And How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by DaBogu: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
I wish to ask this question to know if I am on the right path. I am a kind that believe parents should start teaching their children at age of 14 and above about the danger of having sex at a tender age.

Sometimes ago, I received the most brutal disgrace of my life. I have this neighbor that has two daughters. The eldest is 15 years old while the other one is just 12 years old.

So there was a day I was teaching them about the danger of having sex at all and of course at such tender age.

In the course of our conversation, their mother walked bye and she started yelling at me and raining all sort of insults on me. She was like, what sort of nonsense am I teaching her children, what kind of rubbish is that, my children are young and yet you are teaching them rubbish, for your info my children are young and they don't know anything about all the rubbish you have been saying, never and never in your life talked to my daughters in your life.

I was disgraced but was later rescued by my brother who instructed me to apologise to the woman.

Now, the question is, does enlightening our children who has attained the age of 13 and above about the danger of sex portends any danger. And when is the right age can one start teaching his/her children about the calamity of sex ?

Please, Matured responses.

Thank you in anticipation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Alphamale101(m): 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2021
As early as possible

For the female child between ages 2 and 3 years and then their counterparts from 5 years cuz the rate at which children of nowadays take dey spoil ehn

That's how I was watching Family guy on my laptop my little cousin of about 10years jus shouted he is watching private film nah so my jaw drop

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by DaBogu: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2021
Alphamale101:
As early as possible

For the female child between ages 2 and 3 years and then their counterparts from 5 years cuz the rate at which children of nowadays take dey spoil ehn

That's how I was watching Family guy on my laptop my little cousin of about 10years jus shouted he is watching private film nah so my jaw drop
2-3 years is too early

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by harmargedon: 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2021

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Oluromantic: 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
Once pikin enter ss1 start educating them on the meaning and deadly dangers of sexual intercourse so as to have them refrain from it. The steps are two:
-Explain the meaning
-Explain the inherent danger and how terrible the consequences are

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by DaBogu: 6:18am On May 02, 2021
Oluromantic:
Once pikin enter ss1 start educating them on the meaning and deadly dangers of sexual intercourse so as to have them refrain from it. The steps are two:
-Explain the meaning
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Zoe99(f): 5:05pm On May 02, 2021
I would say age 3-4.At that age, just tell them places on their body that shouldn't be touched and to report to you if an attempt was made to do that.Warn them not to follow "uncles" or "aunties".Use simple language that they can understand.As they mature,you can use more complex terms and even use other stories you find in the news or even personal experience to warn them of the danger of exposing themselves to situations that could make them susceptible and off-guard.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Zoe99(f): 5:06pm On May 02, 2021
DaBogu:
2-3 years is too early
Not too early for them to know areas that shouldn't be touched.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by DaBogu: 3:07pm On May 08, 2021
Zoe99:
Not too early for them to know areas that shouldn't be touched.
Okay

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by SMJay: 1:13am On Jan 13, 2023

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by sisisioge: 1:28am On Jan 13, 2023
@OP, naija "it takes a community to raise a child" still dey your blood. It is not in your place to have that conversation with other people's children without checking with their parents first, except you are their assigned teacher sha. Who knows, her precious daughters might already be having sex sef. Meanwhile, I will teach my children from the time they start talking ....we will start with the differences between the two genders and gently progress. It is very important that children have this info.

For instance, I didnt know until I started taking biology in JSS classes that women birth children from the VJ, I thought babies come from Azzzzhole grin cos my mom was always saying something similar in Yoruba. Also, I didnt really know what to expect in terms of menstruation until it befell me in JSS, my mom just bought me the "Every Woman" book to find out by myself. As for the sex itself and how it actually goes, let's just say I found out about it belatedly grin.

Children should know, let's enlighten them before they would take matters wrongfully into their hands. Mine will start asap.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by QuinModah(f): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2023
8yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
Oluromantic:
-Explain the meaning
That is too late! undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by OBTOREPA(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
From 5years.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by ecolime(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Oluromantic:
-Explain the meaning
Ss1 is too late oo

Started crushing on girls from Primary 3 and had my first girlfriend in Jss 1 (age 10).

These generation are exposed to Internet and loads of information, so it's better to start as early as age 7.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Kutifams: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Reading
Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by meum: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hmm. Why you go Dey talk about sex with person pikin? Dem send you?

You see dis life wey we Dey like this, I Dey mind my business. Na wetin people wey you Dey try do good to go tell you be dat. The time wey I small your neighbor pikin na your pikin but these days na mind your business & insult the Mama go sama you if you try teach her pikin better ting.

To the question, start whenever you think it’s necessary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Greenscientist: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kini sex education?

Anything apart from how to prevent abuse na nonsense

West and nonsense.

No quote me!

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Therealtor11: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Starting at the age of 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by 5iine: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
The best way to give Nigerian kids XEX Education is to put fear in thier mind from childhood..

It works well grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Sandralight(f): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by bigdammyj: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Reading...
Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by ednut1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Amebo. How can you be teaching such to another man pikin. Ah

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Okortor: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
3yrs, that's their computer age! My boy of 3yr already knows all about that and even if my wife touches it while bathing him he immediately comes to tell me so my maid is well informed and won't dare trespass!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Omoawoke: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
8 months

Let’s tell the truth, many of us knew of naks as early as 5 or 6… we already knew something like male and female exist to nak and procreate. Ask yourself and tell yourself the truth, there’s no body in primary school that doesn’t know about it

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by AskNgige2: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
DaBogu:
2-3 years is too early

2weeks

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by GanagiBitrus: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
In this end-time wickedness that toddlers are not spared from rape & sexual abuse, as early as the child can speak & communicate.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by cassidy1996(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2023

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by LUAN(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
If you live a good Life your child will definitely follow your footsteps, for that no need for sex education. She will probably learn human anatomy in school. But if you were The type that was into hook-up, sex-addict, that same blood will flow in your child vain. And your sex education will be in waste. So no need of sex education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by verybadmouth(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2023
Puberty age for either gender

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child by Captain0823: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
Comments reader association of Nigeria.....
We salut una...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? / Maurice Sam Biography: Wife, Parents, Father, Mother / Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.