Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

Our Righhteousness Are Not Filthy Rags Before God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Righhteousness Are Not Filthy Rags Before God (245 Views)

Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Righhteousness Are Not Filthy Rags Before God by Propheticdavid: 12:10am On Apr 29, 2021
BUT WE ARE ALL UNCLEAN THING, AND ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS ARE AS FILTHY RAGS:... (isaiah 64vs6)
If you're the one that qoute the above scripture as an excuse to continue in a life of sin. Repent now, do not die without encountering God himself, because if that is the case you will die an eternal death.

Back to the theme.
All our righteousness are as filthy rags refers to people, who practise self-righteousness without the true salvation of Lord jesus christ.
It refers to people who shun the truth, and believe that they will be saved by their own moral standard.

Some ignorant believers even believe they cannot be HOLY, so they qoute the aforementioned scripture. LET ME TELL YOU CAN BE HOLY IF NOT THE HOLY GHOST WILL NOT BE SENT TO EARTH. THE SEAL  OF BEING HOLY/RIGHTEOUS, THE SEAL  THAT YOU'RE OF CHRIST IS WHEN YOU HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT /HOLY GHOST  IN YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN FILLED WITH HOLY GHOST.
YOU HAVE BEEN BAPTISTED WITH FIRE.All three means the same thing.
If the hunger for holiness/righteoness is not THERE.And you  continue asking for forgiveness forever , but I tell you will remain at repentance level and deceive yourself that you are a Christian, you just take a step to become a Christian . And if you die like that  you die eternal death.
Don't be deceived, going to church is not enough.. You have to encounter God himself. Or else he doesn't know you.. And all your Sunday service is just a religious outing.

So your righteoness is a filthy rag before God only if you don't have the witness of the Holy spirit. Any righteoness you practice without the seal of sonship of christ inorder words without the Holyghost is filthy rag. You need to cry out to God for fire.Because that the only way you can stand in this end time. You want to be blameless before God, hunger for righteoness and catch fire now, now. Don't die without encountering God.. If you do otherwise  you die eternally.

It is written that blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteoness for they shall be filled. Mathew 5vs6.
When the hunger for righteoness arise in you, that you're fed up of sin wholeheartedly, it is written a broken and contrite heart God will not despise(psalm 51vs17) . Then the Holy ghost will come upon you in the place of prayer.like it happened in the time of pentecost.

I AM LIVING WITNESS OF THIS.BY THE GRACE AND MERCY OF GOD.
Please if you are among those who fake the born again experience,you are speaking in tongues carnally,and you yourself know it doesn't feel right and also you're not getting result. Because others are speaking, you don't want to feel left out, so you makeup your own gibberish.. Stop that now, it's blasphemous, instead repent of any inadequacy, hunger for holiness and pray, cry ask for forgiveness let it come from your heart, pray that he fill you up with his spirit. So that you will be baptised as it happened in the day of pentecost.

AND if you are reading this and you've not surrender your life to jesus, .you're dead spiritualy, don't be deceived because you breathe oxygen. The spiritual death is as a result of the sin of Adam and eve in the garden of Eden.. BUT OF THE TREE OF GOOD AND EVIL, THOU SHALL NOT EAT OF IT, FOR IN THE THOU EATEST THEREOF : THOU SHALL SURELY DIE. (genesis2vs17). Jesus Christ IS the way the, truth and the life,no one come to the father except by him(john14vs6) .. No religion or philosophies can liberate you from the chains of death. Except him who has conquer the grave, the Lord jesus christ...
Pray this prayer if you want to be saved:

Lord jesus I'm tired of my sinful ways, forgive me I surrender my whole life to you, I don't want to die, give me life, reveal yourself to me, I want you to be real to me, I don't want to know about you, I want to know you. Lord jesus bless me with hunger for you for you alone Lord jesus...
N. B: let it come from your heart.. If your heart is not broken don't bother to say the prayer.. Prayer is not by your words, you pray from your heart.. He checks the heart of men. Get a copy of the bible and read, download sermons on the kingdom of God and listen, its not necessarily you read the whole Bible.. Make sure you Read the new testament
If you want, you can fast to show how desperate you are(he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him, Hebrew11vs6).
Note: the only worthy life a man can live is the life that pleases God:your righteousness/holiness pleases God.

Peace of the Lord jesus Christ be upon you.
Re: Our Righhteousness Are Not Filthy Rags Before God by jesusjnr1: 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
Loud it!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Attach More Importance To First Sunday? / Bird (night And Day) Droppings: Does It Mean Anything? / Teamgrace Celebrates One Year Of Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.