Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo (1888 Views)

SmartWatch Thread - Let's Discuss. / Realme Phones - Let's Discuss / Microsoft Unveils Surface Duo : Foldable Dual-Screen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 12:54am On Apr 29, 2021
Is anyone else using the Microsoft surface duo?...

Microsoft and Google, collaborated to build this device.... What a beautiful tool, multitasking taking to another level, on a mobile device or phablet or mini laptop.....

What exactly is this device?.....

For all you camera hunting people, this device is not for you..... It's got just one very small camera module, good for business video calls and I would also say, for taking pictures also.......... grin

It's a dual sim device (esim and nano sim), but in a weird implementation ..... Device is only got one IMEI number, so only one aim can go live.... You can install 2 sims, but the other would be hibernated, till you switch off the other......

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 12:56am On Apr 29, 2021
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/Surface-Duo/8p98gbqkdzl5?=&ef_id=CjwKCAjwj6SEBhAOEiwAvFRuKM8dKAunXn8kg5296nnRqvweOW7Vyf52ctZKZgSedzwqA4ZlnZbzSBoCfL4QAvD_BwE%3aG%3as&s_kwcid=AL!4249!3!499388235263!e!!g!!microsoft+surface+duo&OCID=AID2100839_SEM_CjwKCAjwj6SEBhAOEiwAvFRuKM8dKAunXn8kg5296nnRqvweOW7Vyf52ctZKZgSedzwqA4ZlnZbzSBoCfL4QAvD_BwE%3aG%3as&gclid=CjwKCAjwj6SEBhAOEiwAvFRuKM8dKAunXn8kg5296nnRqvweOW7Vyf52ctZKZgSedzwqA4ZlnZbzSBoCfL4QAvD_BwE&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Chuksteric(m): 12:58am On Apr 29, 2021
I toyed with it some months back. A really solid device tho I'm not a fan of the design. The camera is very decent as well . The dual screen is dope too but it just felt weird
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 1:02am On Apr 29, 2021
Chuksteric:
I toyed with it some months back. A really solid device tho I'm not a fan of the design. The camera is very decent as well . The dual screen is dope too but it just felt weird

Indeed, it feels weird till you get used to the prowess of this machine.....

Running two apps simultaneously, on two different screens, on the same device...... Is bliss...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 1:03am On Apr 29, 2021
Chuksteric:

Indeed, it feels weird till you get used to the prowess of this machine.....

Running two apps simultaneously, on two different screens, on the same device...... Is bliss...... cheesy grin
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 10:51am On May 03, 2021
One device 2 launchers, running at the same time ..... Nothing beats a Microsoft surface duo..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 11:40am On May 05, 2021
Microsoft surface duo, have simply flipped the script on the foldable form factor/sector ........

A few manageable bugs here and there, but nothing unbearable....... grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by abdsamad(m): 10:16am On May 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:
One device 2 launchers, running at the same time ..... Nothing beats a Microsoft surface duo..... cheesy

Thank you for appreciating AIO Launcher. A remarkable but sadly underappreciated launcher.
I've not used a surface duo cos i don't have room for it but i guess i may find out in future what all the fuss is about
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On May 06, 2021
abdsamad:

Thank you for appreciating AIO Launcher. A remarkable but sadly underappreciated launcher.
I've not used a surface duo cos i don't have room for it but i guess i may find out in future what all the fuss is about

AIO is a very simplistic launcher........ The surface duo truly deserves all the attention/accolades....... wink
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2021
NO LIES MHEN!!!

Those "Youtubers" , are talking about a different device.
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Microsoft surface duo, have simply flipped the script on the foldable form factor/sector ........

A few manageable bugs here and there, but nothing unbearable....... grin

You said it all.
very top notch device! I can never go back . smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

AIO is a very simplistic launcher........ The surface duo truly deserves all the attention/accolades....... wink

I hear ,only the stock launcher is stable , others introduce bugs on battery drains . (Reddit)
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
dabosuker:
NO LIES MHEN!!!

Those "Youtubers" , are talking about a different device.

Those youtubers, simply slated the duo...... I always knew, subsequent updates would transform the device, to the true monster, it truly is....... grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
dabosuker:

You said it all.
very top notch device! I can never go back . smiley

Who buys a Microsoft surface duo, simply because of the camera?..... cheesy

It's a true productivity device (with no fear of it cracking in the middle, like the Samsung fold devices)....

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
dabosuker:

I hear ,only the stock launcher is stable , others introduce bugs on battery drains . (Reddit)

I am back to stock launcher, developers have not caught on with the real dual screen concept........
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Who buys a Microsoft surface duo, simply because of the camera?..... cheesy

It's a true productivity device (with no fear of it cracking in the middle, like the Samsung fold devices)....

Productivity at its best . So easy , to remain in flow.

For now my only issue or fear, is the fragile USB C Port, exactly 1 week with this device and i am being extremely careful with the port. Last night i finally attached one of those Magsafe adapters , most people say they have been able to preserve their charging port using that. Hopefully it preserves mine too. embarassed . What method are you implementing to preserve yours?

Apart from that , I think the Duo is fantastic , the bugs are not that irritating as those youtubers make them seem, & once you get to learn how to use the device (e.g flipping the device to use camera) , it becomes smooth .
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I am back to stock launcher, developers have not caught on with the real dual screen concept........

Yeah, developers need to start taking advantage of this new form factor. Damn! just look at that Kindle app grin
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Productivity at its best . So easy , to remain in flow.

For now my only issue or fear, is the fragile USB C Port, exactly 1 week with this device and i am being extremely careful with the port. Last night i finally attached one of those Magsafe adapters , most people say they have been able to preserve their charging port using that. Hopefully it preserves mine too. embarassed . What method are you implementing to preserve yours?

Apart from that , I think the Duo is fantastic , the bugs are not that irritating as those youtubers make them seem, & once you get to learn how to use the device (e.g flipping the device to use camera) , it becomes smooth .

That magnetic advice, is probably one of the things, those youtube liars, spoke the truth about.........

Before my duo arrived, I already bought the magnetic charger....... From day one, the type c magnetic bit, sleeps, eats and rests in that slot........ It's never been removed........ wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Yeah, developers need to start taking advantage of this new form factor. Damn! just look at that Kindle app grin

I hope you are also aware that, it's also a dual sim device (esim and nano)....... But you can only use one at a time...... Whilst one is live, the other is turned off.....
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

That magnetic advice, is probably one of the things, those youtube liars, spoke the truth about.........

Before my duo arrived, I already bought the magnetic charger....... From day one, the type c magnetic bit, sleeps, eats and rests in that slot........ It's never been removed........ wink

Great then , I am in order . smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I hope you are also aware that, it's also a dual sim device (esim and nano)....... But you can only use one at a time...... Whilst one is live, the other is turned off.....

Yeah , but i just have a nano sim in it. Don't really know how to go about activating the esim component ? which i assume , would be "network dependent "?
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Yeah , but i just have a nano sim in it. Don't really know how to go about activating the esim component ? which i assume , would be "network dependent "?

If you have 2 numbers, that are in nano format. Get your network provider convert one to esim or get a new esim package......

All you need to do with the esim, is use your camera to download sim to device, follow prompts and esim gets activated........
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Great then , I am in order . smiley

Indeed...... wink

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If you have 2 numbers, that are in nano format. Get your network provider convert one to esim or get a new esim package......

All you need to do with the esim, is use your camera to download sim to device, follow prompts and esim gets activated........

Wow , thanks .
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Indeed...... wink

Nice one. smiley

I opted for the "oval shaped" one though, plus , i have my bumpers on .
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Nice one. smiley

Once you put in pocket and remove too many times, the glue strips on the bumpers, starts to peel off........

So I got a cheap case from AliExpress......... wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Nice one. smiley

I lost access to the MS logo and fully folded accessibility, better than nurturing cracks. ........ cheesy

I can still use tent mode...... tongue

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Indeed...... wink

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

You dey oppress me o..... grin
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by dabosuker(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I lost access to the MS logo and fully folded accessibility, better than nurturing cracks. ........ cheesy

I can still use tent mode...... tongue

Yeah, can't put it in conventional pockets. I thinking of getting a sleeve. That's why I always tell pple that ask, "This is not a Phone" wink

Using those after market cases, makes one loose "Phone mode" cry.
For fear of fall, I am sticking with the bumpers, plus I got one of those cool skins from Sopiguard grin

Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 10:17am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Yeah, can't put it in conventional pockets. I thinking of getting a sleeve. That's why I always tell pple that ask, "This is not a Phone" wink

For fear of fall, I am sticking with the bumpers, plus I got one of those cool skins from Sopiguard grin

I dey fear you รณ, which kin pockets your trousers get.......... wink
Re: Let's Discuss Microsoft Surface Duo by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Jul 16, 2021
dabosuker:

Those skins no go protect crack nah.......... wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lg Or Tecno Android Phone / Using Phone While Charging It / Understanding What Dual Sim Standby And Dual Sim Active Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.