Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi (15469 Views)

Ray Youssef Had A Dream Of Nigeria Becoming United And Among The Richest Nations / Anthony Okogie: Nigeria Becoming Killing Field, Failed State / Buba Marwa: If Cannabis Is Legalised, Nigeria Becoming Den Of Junkies Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by tit(f): 2:29am On Apr 30, 2021
Some haterz will come after You TooLie for this
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by sulaak(m): 4:58am On Apr 30, 2021
duni04:
The same people that chopped and cleaned mouth from Nigeria are coming out to call Nigeria a failed state. The result of the evil they left to fester yesterday is what we're seeing today.
When there is social injustice; when the disparity between the rich and the poor is so stark; when you have a Lagos with many forbes billionaires and a Borno with the poorest people on earth, its only a matter of time before the poor people up North find their way down to forcefully get their share of the bazaar.
The insecurity we are seeing today is the product of years of social injustice. The poorest people in Nigeria, especially the ones up North have been cheated for too long. It only took the conflict in Libya to provide them with the arms they're using to correct years of social injustice and neglect. The main culprits are the club of Nigerian elite that have kept the money for millions of people and used it for themselves for generations. Buhari is guilty for having no solution to the problem. But the problem itself was caused by peter obi and his fellow club members. They have looted our patrimony and murdered sleep.

You are a fool, you think the South will tolerate leaders like Ali Modu Sheriff, Kashim Shettima and Idimi, if you are looking for the architect of Northern poverty and backwardness look no further than the idiots that represented the North. Leaders that prioritised shariah, illiteracy and ignorance at the expense of Western education, enlightenment and industry.
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by sulaak(m): 5:00am On Apr 30, 2021
princewarri1985:
Am from the south, but when i heard this man peter obi spoke during a presidential debate on TV, i said to myself, this is a very brilliant mind that need to pilot the affairs of this country, not the dullard and the dimwit buhari, the last time i voted was almost 2 decades ago, but after watching peter obi during the debate, i went out, stood under the hot sun for hours to cast my for peter obi.....did sane Nigerians actually voted for buhari or was the election rigged?? Now they' ve voted for him and buhari is on the steering wheels, Nigerians should enjoy the ride

A so-called brilliant man that decided to be VP for a customs officer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by ibedun: 5:31am On Apr 30, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Nigeria is already a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, Libya and Somalia, some of us said this long ago and kissed the country goodbye

l am so glad to have left the dead country long ago, I only pity and feel for some family members and friends going through the sufferings in the dead country

l was called names by zombies and patriotic citizens when I told them the bitter truth of the dead country called Nigeria, the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world, 3rd most terrorised country on earth, more than half of the states in Nigeria held by different terrorist groups and gangstas etc lack of basic infrastructures to the masses.

The few properties l have in Nigeria, l had to provide water, pay neighborhood security, pay community levies to fix roads and culverts etc

Nigeria is dead completely and beyond redemption, the country should be auctioned off on eBay or Alibaba to richer western nations to buy

Buhari and his gangstas should be arrested, flogged at the National stadium and shot on his head and his carcass thrown into the Atlantic Ocean to be eaten by sharks, nonsense and Buhari smiley

Small minded rat brain.

You think it won’t affect you because you are a stupid black fool who has sought refuge in a racist white country!!!!

The average Nigerian with their lawlessness, dishonesty, obsession with imported goods, over religiosity, petty brainless show offs, irresponsibility, unnecessary children .....are all culpable!

Abeg shift! Nigeria earned over $400b during GEJ tenure..........where did the money go?

Tribalistic idi@t....
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by duni04(m): 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
sulaak:

You are a fool, you think the South will tolerate leaders like Ali Modu Sheriff, Kashim Shettima and Idimi, if you are looking for the architect of Northern poverty and backwardness look no further than the idiots that represented the North. Leaders that prioritised shariah, illiteracy and ignorance at the expense of Western education, enlightenment and industry.
Goodluck if you think this is a North/south issue. Even in the south, we have our own army of unemployed and cheated people that will be equally ready to carry arms and face the people that have cheated them. What is going on in Nigeria is a class war whose root cause is social injustice. Even across the other sahel states like Chad, Cameroun and Niger with a similar population demographic (more than 60% of the population made up of young people), the major architect of the uprisings is the vast army of poor and unemployed people. There is no region of the world where you have that kind of income disparity that we have in Nigeria and have peace. This is a problem whose only permanent solution is to find jobs for the poor, unemployed and cheated segment of the population. And also eliminate corruption and social injustice. Let us all remember Boko haram is a product of social injustice - started as an unarmed sect of unemployed and indoctrinated young men whose members were shot and killed in Borno by the police for no reason. That motivated them to take up arms. The videos are still on YouTube. Something similar happened in the south last year (#Endsars) where young unemployed and even employed Nigerians shut down the country to protest killings by the police and social injustice, same thing Boko haram did initially. The police and army responded to both protests the same way - by killing unarned protesters. Boko haram instead of cowering to the police and Army took up arms to fight the killings and social injustices. #Endsars on the other hand trended and made noise for a short time and vanished, cowering to the police and army. Two different responses to social injustice from #Endsars and Boko haram.
Even in America when unarmed black people are killed by the police, riots take place, stores are looted and people are sometimes killed. Social injustice breeds anarchy. A word is enough!
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by AngelicBeing: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2021
ibedun:

I am a demented scallywag belch by a village witch and I have Small minded rat brain.

I am a stupid black fool who is waiting for Boko Haram to slaughter me and my family

I am a Tribalistic idi@t....and death, sicknesses, diseases and destruction awaits me and my entire lineage, from today, I am cursed in the morning, afternoon and evening, and I will die a miserable death by thunder and lightning this year 2021 and my carcass will be eaten by worms and vultures
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by pricklewane: 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
How many newspapers conviction do Igbos show before accusing Tinubu Fashola Aregbe etc of being fraudsters. Many of you comments like lunatic on NL, let me just ignore cos I no you will be arguing off point now.

wiseoneking:
I'm sorry you are still wrong "crystal clear" . You clearly showed newspapers of his media alleged corruption, produce at least one showing his conviction. I don't believe in hear say or market women chatterings but just a media proof of him been found guilty as was alleged.l by the newspaper you posted. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by sulaak(m): 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
duni04:

Goodluck if you think this is a North/south issue. Even in the south, we have our own army of unemployed and cheated people that will be equally ready to carry arms and face the people that have cheated them. What is going on in Nigeria is a class war whose root cause is social injustice. Even across the other sahel states like Chad, Cameroun and Niger with a similar population demographic (more than 60% of the population made up of young people), the major architect of the uprisings is the vast army of poor and unemployed people. There is no region of the world where you have that kind of income disparity that we have in Nigeria and have peace. This is a problem whose only permanent solution is to find jobs for the poor, unemployed and cheated segment of the population. And also eliminate corruption and social injustice. Let us all remember Boko haram is a product of social injustice - started as an unarmed sect of unemployed and indoctrinated young men whose members were shot and killed in Borno by the police for no reason. That motivated them to take up arms. The videos are still on YouTube. Something similar happened in the south last year (#Endsars) where young unemployed and even employed Nigerians shut down the country to protest killings by the police and social injustice, same thing Boko haram did initially. The police and army responded to both protests the same way - by killing unarned protesters. Boko haram instead of cowering to the police and Army took up arms to fight the killings and social injustices. #Endsars on the other hand trended and made noise for a short time and vanished, cowering to the police and army. Two different responses to social injustice from #Endsars and Boko haram.
Even in America when unarmed black people are killed by the police, riots take place, stores are looted and people are sometimes killed. Social injustice breeds anarchy. A word is enough!

It has always been a North/South issue from the days of Uthman Dan Fodio that conquered the North. Different values, ideologies and cultural interest.

Nigeria already has multiple issues but to introduce political Sharia law in 1999 and tolerate erratic herdsmen across the country has ensured that Nigeria future will be closer to Chad and Somalia rather than Ghana and Kenya.

Nigeria problem has more to do with cultural ideology, the North refusal to educate their youth and women is directly linked to the Islamic militancy ideology that is being practised across the North, in addition to the feudal system practice by Fulani's Sultanate and Emirate.

The literacy rate in Chad and Niger is 29%.

In Northern Nigeria it's is

North West: Male 50% Female 31%
North East: 59.5% Female 29%

The average literacy rate across the South is over 87% for Males and 80% for Female

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1124745/literacy-rate-in-nigeria-by-zone-and-gender/
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by ibedun: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=101251641][/quote]

You have carried your shithole small brain to America! The police department will shoot you dead soon. Oloriburuku!

Yam legged akpu munching fuul!
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by duni04(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
sulaak:

It has always been a North/South issue from the days of Uthman Dan Fodio that conquered the North. Different values, ideologies and cultural interest.

Nigeria already has multiple issues but to introduce political Sharia law in 1999 and tolerate erratic herdsmen across the country has ensured that Nigeria future will be closer to Chad and Somalia rather than Ghana and Kenya.

Nigeria problem has more to do with cultural ideology, the North refusal to educate their youth and women is directly linked to the Islamic militancy ideology that is being practised across the North, in addition to the feudal system practice by Fulani's Sultanate and Emirate.

The literacy rate in Chad and Niger is 29%.

In Northern Nigeria it's is

North West: Male 50% Female 31%
North East: 59.5% Female 29%

The average literacy rate across the South is over 87% for Males and 80% for Female

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1124745/literacy-rate-in-nigeria-by-zone-and-gender/
Well wonderful stats but are you telling me that when the peaceful founders of Boko haram were massacred, it had something to do with the fact that they were illiterate? Or when the Nigerian COAS asked his soldiers to massacre more than 200 civilians in kaduna that blocked his convoy, it had something to do with illiteracy? Or when the endsars protesters were gunned down in Lekki, they were killed for their literacy or illiteracy?
Our issues as a nation are not as complex as you are making them out to be. Just imagine a scenario where the Boko haram sect members were allowed to practise their beliefs peacefully in 2010 instead of being killed for no just reason, we would not have an insurgency today that has spread to 4 countries. Just imagine if we had state governments across Nigeria that had solid developmental programs for their states instead of looting all the money for governance and restricting to just their friends and cronies, we would not have massive poverty and unemployment today. I agree with you that illiteracy is a problem but its not the reason for the current state of the country. There are states and counties in America with shocking rates of illiteracy. But people are gainfully employed and there are welfare programs to take care of them such that schooling becomes a luxury and not a necessity.
We need to channel the scarce resources we have to helping the generality of the population, not a few people. The neglected and down trodden always find a way of coming back to take what is theirs especially when they have been criminally deprived of it. Social justice and accountability in my opinion are more important than cultural or religious views on education especially in the North. Although it is true that literacy plays a role in determining how people elect or choose their leaders and is therefore a big part of socio economic development, we must also recognise that social justice also plays a key role in ensuring peace and stability by ensuring everyone is treated fairly and equally
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by Trutherme: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
ibedun:

[s]You have carried your shithole small brain to America! The police department will shoot you dead soon. Oloriburuku!

Yam legged akpu munching fuul![/s]

Shut Up! Olodo
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by AngelicBeing: 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Trutherme:

Shut Up! Olodo
Thanks, I scrolled through his post and discovered that he is already a dead carcass waiting to be eaten up by worms and vultures grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by nedekid: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
chiiraq802:
You (Peter Obi), Past and Present Nigerian Presidents and

Vice Presidents, 109 past and present Senators, 360 past and

Present House of Rep Members , Past and Present Ministers ,

Past and Present 35 State Governors and Deputy Governors ,

Past and Present State Commissioners , Past and Present

Local Government Chairmen, Councilors, Nigeria Army,

Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Air force, Nigerian Police, Bishops,

Pastors, Islamic Sheikhs, Ambassadors, Various Government

Agencies and Parastatals in Nigeria etc. all contributed to

the FAILNESS(if that word exist) of this great Country and it

shall never be well with you guys and your generations to

come......

On the day of reckoning this is how Nigerians will attack all of you and your Families.
Where will you see them to attack? People that have dual passports, most with acess to private aviation, homes in foreign countries?. Na wah for you.
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by sulaak(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2021
duni04:

Well wonderful stats but are you telling me that when the peaceful founders of Boko haram were massacred, Just imagine a scenario where the Boko haram sect members were allowed to practise their beliefs peacefully in 2010 instead of being killed for no just reason, we would not have an insurgency today that has spread to 4 countries.

You are very naive and I am sorry to say ignorance, Boko Haram, meaning = Western Education is Haram, a sect that is against modern education in the 21st century has no future in Nigeria. The majority of the leaders of BH are western-educated but they want an antiquated sharia political system that even the Arabs have discarded. .

Just imagine if we had state governments across Nigeria that had solid developmental programs for their states instead of looting all the money for governance and restricting to just their friends and cronies, we would not have massive poverty and unemployment today. I agree with you that illiteracy is a problem but its not the reason for the current state of the country.

From the way you write, it's obvious that you must be very young. Nigeria has undergone 6 decades of independence, the North despite having 65% of leadership have regressed on all economic and social indicators, the only resources of a nation is it people and if the people are uneducated and control by a feudal Islamic political and cultural system then any chance of developmental program is gone.

With the ongoing environmental degradation, extreme poverty, illiteracy, population explosion and feudal leadership, the North has no hope of succeeding in the current state of Nigeria, separate the country and maybe the North will approach its problems differently

Social justice and accountability in my opinion are more important than cultural or religious views on education especially in the North. Although it is true that literacy plays a role in determining how people elect or choose their leaders and is therefore a big part of socio economic development, we must also recognise that social justice also plays a key role in ensuring peace and stability by ensuring everyone is treated fairly and equally

You can only acquire social justice if you are educated and understand your human rights, right now the Fulani hierarchy are content in keeping all Northerner backwards and uneducated, let's get out before it's too late
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by vibre: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
sulaak:

A so-called brilliant man that decided to be VP for a customs officer.
So custom officers are not brilliant? You are very stupid
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by hectorswag(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2021
FarahAideed:
Becoming? It's already a fully fledged failed state with better ranking sef
We're even worse than Somalia and Syria!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by Trutherme: 4:52pm On May 02, 2021
ibedun:

[s]Small minded rat brain.

You think it won’t affect you because you are a stupid black fool who has sought refuge in a racist white country!!!!

The average Nigerian with their lawlessness, dishonesty, obsession with imported goods, over religiosity, petty brainless show offs, irresponsibility, unnecessary children .....are all culpable!

Abeg shift! Nigeria earned over $400b during GEJ tenure..........where did the money go?

Tribalistic idi@t....[/s]

Shut Up U. Loser!
Re: Nigeria Becoming A Failed State - Peter Obi by ibedun: 8:03pm On May 02, 2021
Trutherme:

Shut Up U. Loser!

Local man, shut up!!!!

Omo ale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) / Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Members Storm Court, Demand Bodejo’s Release / What We’ll Do If Wike’s ‘trouble’ Continues In Rivers – PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.