Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) (1857 Views)

I Tried To Scam A Scammer Today. He Ran Off / Fulani Herdsmen Rape Young Girl (Screenshot of video) / Yahoo Plus: "If Dem Go Use You, Dem Go Use You..." (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2021
I was designing some stuffs with my phone this morning when a call came in from an unknown number. Truecaller showed OPAY SCAM as the caller's name. I smiled. I knew it was those 419 guys. But I wasn't bothered about that after all I was bored and needed someone to catch cruise with and break at least one hour. grin

I picked it and the conversation went thus:

Caller: Hello
Me: Good day sir/ma
Caller: I'm the admin of OPAY GLOBAL INVESTMENT GROUP on WhatsApp.I called you yesterday...
**Flashback: When I was watching Man city match yesterday evening, he called me but I couldn't pick it due to the noisy environment.**

I added you from one Graphics Designers group.
Me: OK sir, how may I help you?
Caller: Have you gone through the group posts
Me: No
Caller: Well, let me brief you. Here at OPAY GLOBAL INVESTMENT you will invest and earn 100% profit in 1 hour
**100% ROI? in 1 hour? I smiled**

Me: There's noise here sir, can we chat on WhatsApp?
Caller: Good.
***call ended ***

**On WhatsApp**

He told me I'll invest and get 100% profit in 45minutes to 1 hour. **How gullible does he think I am?**

He sent me a registration template where I'll input my Account details and used Voice Note to tell me to drop my BVN.

When I asked him for minimum investment plan, he said 10k and that I'll have to pay with Bitcoin. **I knew he wanted to be paid with Bitcoin so that it won't be traceable and for him to remain anonymous.**

I simply told him I didn't understand how Bitcoin worked and if he would accept direct bank tran
sfer. He accepted and sent his account details.

I opened my Zenith Bank app and input his details. I sent him the transaction details screenshot and asked if he had received the money. **Note: I didn't input my Pin**

He told me to let him check. I decided to end the game and told him straight that he was a scammer. He blocked me immediately and removed me from the group.

I called him directly on phone, and the next thing he said was "Guy Abeg leave my hustle" . The cool voice he was using before has changed to Tout voice.

Meanwhile, I had placed the call on loudspeaker. My guy that was eating beside me literally had a pepper choke when he heard him say it.

From the way he spoke, he should be in his late twenties or early thirties

If I had been gullible, or perhaps enticed by the high ROI, by now i would have parted with 5k.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2021
More

Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2021
Pics 1 **In a bid to make him see me as his a sure 'investor', I asked him if I could get credit before 12( we were chatting around past 10)**

Pics 2 He sent a voice note telling me he if I invested like 1M, I could proceed to pricing a 2M car as it was a reliable investment **Deep down, I was like Eleleya**

Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2021
Lastly ...

Pics 2: The transaction details screenshot

Pics 3: When he removed me from the group

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by incogni2o: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin

You could have pushed it more
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ezemarcel(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2021
If only there is job or constant power supply in this country...all this won't be happening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2021
op Is one of the lucky few last last his net will catch fish
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2021
incogni2o:
grin grin grin grin
You could have pushed it more
I had something else to do. If not, wouldn't have stopped.
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 29, 2021
If these thieves put the amount of energy they put in scamming people into legit stuffs, they'll be making cool money.
They're many ways to make money online, but they don't think towards that direction, all they want is to scam people.
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Goldbw122(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2021
Ademola47:

I had something else to do. If not, wouldn't have stopped.
If na me I will tell him that I am busy now but later we will continue our transaction, the conversation go too sweet ...
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
Goldbw122:

If na me I will tell him that I am busy now but later we will continue our transaction, the conversation go too sweet ...

grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by MJBOLT: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
These guys don damage the Goodwill of Opay sha
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Nobody: 7:06am On May 01, 2021
Ezemarcel:
If only there is job or constant power supply in this country...all this won't be happening
Shut up joor, lazy lout. Are you ready to stop giving birth like rabbits, are you ready to start paying huge sums as electricity bills. Typical Nigerian okponu blame everyone but themselves.
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ezemarcel(m): 8:07am On May 01, 2021
SegFault:

Shut up joor, lazy lout. Are you ready to stop giving birth like rabbits, are you ready to start paying huge sums as electricity bills. Typical Nigerian okponu blame everyone but themselves.
continue been foolish....it’s ur father that gives birth like rabbits anumpa...instead of you to write ur point constructively without insults.

Mugu do you know what constant power supply will do in this shithole ?
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ademola47(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2021
MJBOLT:
These guys don damage the Goodwill of Opay sha

If one had loosed guard, one would have fallen for the OPAY name.

From time immemorial, they've been scamming people in Dangote, Otedola, Jeff Bezos' names.
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by Ishilove: 8:27am On May 01, 2021
This idiot Samuel guy. Only God knows whose person's picture he stole to use on his DP.

He chatted up my mum and added her to their WhatsApp group. Mum showed me her phone and complained somebody added her on a WhatsApp group and they were discussing what she doesn't understand in the group. I checked and beheld the fuckery. I wanted to chat the Sam guy to cuss him out but changed my mind. No time for iranu so I kuku blocked him and his ancestors on her phone.
Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by LadySarah: 4:25pm On May 01, 2021
Ezemarcel:

But Hushpuppi is in a country with jobs and constant power supply.Pls whats his excuse again?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Scammer Today (see Chat Screenshot) by PoliticalAnalys: 9:01am On May 09, 2021
Thank God say you no dull am...he for run you street

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Successful Wife Brenda Ataga With A Student? / Divine Hanachor : 17 Year Old Missing Uniport Student Has Been Found[photos] / Photos: Decomposing Body Spotted At CMS For Days Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.