Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,873 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? (94459 Views)

How Can Lime Burns Be Treated? / Please,how Effective Is The Mixture Of Lime And Lipton,in Weight Loss / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by snazzydawn(f): 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2006
Effects Of Lime On The Body

What are the effects of lime on the human body?Is it advisable to use lime for slimming down?If yes,what is the required quantity?If no,what are the effects?
Also,name other drinks,drugs or fruits which are effective for slimming down,and act fast,with no side effects.

1 Like

Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by ghettochyk(f): 3:52am On Feb 16, 2006
i heard that natural or pure tea can help, maybe green tea. it helps with the bowels.
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by iffe(f): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2006
lime is good to but in a little quantity and you can try blackcherry tree tea.its healty to
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Yewande3(f): 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2006
I just bought something called Hoodia I heard it was used in the desert for the guys who travelled for weeks without food and its good for weight loss someone had lost 8 lbs in one week and Im giving that a try, makes you feel full up and not hungry which is working well its a natural plant extract.
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2006
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Yewande3(f): 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2006
Really shocked shocked I didnt know THAT!!
Its not how its marketed here we are told the men in the desert used it for weeks to go without food and if we take it we can do the same
Im rather stunned by that, I dont like abortion
but thanks

lipsrsealed
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by LondonCool(m): 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2007
Yewandé:

Really shocked shocked I didnt know THAT!!
Its not how its marketed here we are told the men in the desert used it for weeks to go without food and if we take it we can do the same
I'm rather stunned by that, I don't like abortion
but thanks

lipsrsealed

I presume you are into your menopause, so you shouldnt have any fear of abortion

1 Like

Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Yewande3(f): 12:10am On Feb 23, 2007
Hey London Cool

"I presume you are into your menopause, so you shouldnt have any fear of abortion"

Maybe[i] your[/i] wife hit the skids earlier than me honey cos I aint near my menopause yet (though I have paused on men for a while heheh)

Ive no clue when it starts maybe Im a bit too young, but then again these days you can be really old and still have a baby if you lie a bit to get the treatment you can put off kids till your a say 60 and then with enough cash have them anyway by the help of a fertility clinic. I dont fancy starting over again to be honest but aside from rape or incompatiblity with life, I cant see a good reason for abortion (abortion being the injection of sodium chloride into a beating heart which then burns the skin of a baby red etc etc Ugh)

Thats my only fear of abortion angel! I take precautions, at my age women dont make mistakes.
tongue
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by LadyT(f): 12:18am On Feb 23, 2007
tonifool:

Yes and it can also be used for ABORTION.

Where did you get that from are you talking about the same product here?
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by f4flakes(f): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2007
Hi Yewande,

Did Hoodia work for you? thanks
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Yewande3(f): 12:13am On Feb 24, 2007
f4flakes:

Hi Yewande,

Did Hoodia work for you? thanks

I confess I got bored with the thought of it, I like food but I still have it and its more exoensive now so I reckon it must work
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by pati(f): 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2007
@f4flakes i used hoodia but it didn't work for me
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by f4flakes(f): 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2007
Thanks Pati for letting me know before parting with my cash,
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by LondonCool(m): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2007
Lime helps to burn excess fat in the body
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by OmoEko1(f): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2007
but lime is not good for the females becos it destroys the womb
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by whizpa(m): 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
@yewande whr did u get d hoodia?
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by aanathemia(f): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
right now, i'm using lime and green tea for weight loss and it is working even though i know most of what im losing right now is water.

i have always liked bitter stuff but anyhow, in a large cup u like drinking from, if you want cold tea,

Put one or two lipton Green tea bags into the cup, add hot water and leave to stand for like 5 mins. Cut open two limes and squeeze the juice thoroughly into the cup (i dont dump the lime in the cup as it makes my tea bitter). add enough cold water with ice to fill the cup. That's it. its ready. its best to do this before meals in the morning and last thing at night if yu can do it twice a day

Remember

1. Try as much as possible to eat only when you are hungry

2. if you're not sure you are hungry, drink a glass of cold water before preparing a meal

3. No matter how little extra you are able to move your body, you will burn more calories

4. Avoid late night meals

5. If you eat alot one day, remember to cut down meals the next day and drink loads of water (lime water if possible)

6. Get off you butt; play that nintendo wii, go jogging, go to a gym, play with your children, take power walks if you can't jog

7. If all else fails then you prolly need extra help losing weight.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by tpia5: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
my mum says it's good for the body.
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by tpia5: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2012
Omo Eko:

but lime is not good for the females becos it destroys the womb

interesting- i never heard that before.

people typically use it as a cleanser.

maybe the acidity is what you mean.
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by weightloss9ja: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2012
hi guys, i recently lost 40pounds and that has taught alot of fat loss secrets i would like to share….visit my blog http://ddesola..com/ and follow me on twitter @weightloss9ja…….real tips only!
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by mrbans1: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
You caN use fat burner A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ absorber,it is a fast selling product cos of it effectivness 2 help loss weight faster by attractiNg the fat I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the stomach before it is metabolised,thus preventing absorptioNn I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the digestive tract.it makes U̶̲̥̅̊ feel full which enhances weight loss.it contains garcinia which regulates bowel movement preventing constipation A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ soy protein which is a natural source of protein essential for healthy body
You can use dis coupled with light excericse like 30 minutes evening walk A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ a good eating plan then you ά̲̣яε̲̣ sure of lossing that weight quick A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ without stress
Cal 08168355332

Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by weightloss9ja: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2012
follow @weightloss9ja on twitter and visit ddesola..com for Nigeria centric weightloss tips
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by oaroloye(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
I totally hate all these "Magic Remedies" for weight-loss.
If you want to lose weight, LEARN TO FAST.
Total IDIOTS teach that Fasting is going without food AND WATER.
That is not FASTING, that is SUICIDE.
NO WESTERN MEDICAL DOCTOR knows ANYTHING about Fasting. They have NEVER done it, nor SEEN it done during their training.
If they discover the truth about Fasting during their practice, and communicate it, their licenses will be revoked. To keep their jobs, they will even stand by while their own mothers suffer things that could be resolved by Fasting.
When a person goes without food for 72 hours, all the Carbohydrates in their body are used up. Only then does the body release enzymes to break down the body fat for food. It only releases what the body needs, and this has important consequences HIGH MEDICAL SCIENTISTS ARE FULLY AWARE OF, BUT DO NOT WANT THE PUBLIC TO KNOW ABOUT.
1. You STOP feeling hungry, because the flow of digestive juices ceases.
Most are deterred from Fasting because they think that they will be terribly hungry throughout the period of the Fast. That is impossible.
People with Ulcers have been told that they have to keep eating, or their Ulcers will get worse. That is a lie. My co-worker was treated for stomach ulcer for YEARS. These treatments cannot do dick, because EATING MAINTAINS ULCERS.
2. ALL PARASITIC ORGANISMS DIE.
They DEPEND on the SURPLUS Carbohydrates permeating the tissues to resist the Immune System. Without it, they are dead meat! Western (i.e. White) Medical Scientists KNOW this- but don't want YOU to know.
Sick patients are fed in Hospitals NOT to keep THEM healthy, but to keep their DISEASES well fed.
DO NOT BE ANGRY WITH YOUR DOCTORS AND NURSES: THEY DON'T KNOW THIS. Their Foreign Masters know, but didn't TELL them.
3. ALL ADDICTIONS CEASE FORTHWITH.
People Addicted to Narcotics lose all cravings as from this point. Western Medical Science will coddle addicts (at their own expense) for YEARS in programmes that offer drugs and willpower treatments, whereas the GLYCOGEN-ADDICTION LINK is carefully maintained, by NORMAL FEEDING.
4. The Gasto-Intestinal Tract shuts down, and the blood-flow normally engaged in digesting meals goes elsewhere. This is very important! The diverted blood begins a stepped-up cleansing and healing process thoughout the body.
5. The body fat begins to release highly toxic substances as it dissolves. These will kill one by about FIVE to SEVEN DAYS.
The great Secret of Fasting is that a normal-weighted Human body can go without eating for up to FORTY DAYS without the slightest injury, BUT ONLY IF ONE DRINKS A MINIMUM OF TWOI LITRES OF FRESH WATER PER DAY.
Religious Idiots in Christianity teach that to Fast, you must go without Water. When confronted, they can NEVER give any authoritative source.
I recently met a man who said he Fasted FORTY days- but exprienced only minimal health benefits. Upon cross-examination, he revealed that he had drunk "A LOT OF WATER." Upon being pressed, it emerged that he had drunk 50cL of water (Coke bottle) every day.
That could not be right, I told him: on THAT quantity of Water he should be DEAD! But it FURTHER emerged that he had SPENT THE WHOLE TIME IN HIS ROOM.
THAT is RUBBISH. Jesus taught us that, when we Fast, we DON'T do anything WEIRD, but BEHAVE NORMALLY (Matt. 6:16-18).
By TEN DAYS you stop feeling weaker. The body will have gotten used to feeding off its fat reserve, and shedding its toxic load. Up to this time, EXPECT to feel Headaches, Nausea, Fever, strange Tastes, and Smells on your body.
This is Sickness and Death LEAVING YOUR BODY.
Expect your SLEEP REQUIREMENT to drop drastically.
By the FOURTEENTH DAY you no longer feel weak, but your strength is NORMAL or STRONGER.
Your STAMINA will not be normal, because you have no energy reserves. Over-exertion will strain your HEART, so DON'T!
WHEREAS your maximum should be more than 40 days, it is INADVISABLE that you TRY to reach it, first time out. First FAMILIARIZE yourself with the procedure of RESTARTING the Alimentary Canal by taking shorter Fasts of four to ten days.
This is a tedious process.
When you restart your stomach, hunger will return on a grand scale. You must resist the urge to even COMPLAIN, MOAN, or GROAN.
This strict regimen MUST be followed- WITHOUT DEVIATION!
Days 1-3: 250mls of 50% diluted Citrus Fruit juice at mealtimes.
Days 4-6: 250mls of normal-strength juice at mealtimes.
Days 7-9: Small portions of fresh fruit (cannot be Banana nor Pear).
Days 12-15: Vegetable Salad and Aqueous Soups. (No meat, the same amount of time you Fasted.)
Days 16-18: Soft boiled vegetables in sensible small portions.
Ease into eating normally from here on in. NEVER USE MILK TO BREAK A FAST!
ALWAYS completely recover from one Fast before starting another.
If you were overweight before, you may never be again.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by cocopeach(f): 9:12am On Jan 02, 2015
mrbans1:
You caN use fat burner A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ absorber,it is a fast selling product cos of it effectivness 2 help loss weight faster by attractiNg the fat I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the stomach before it is metabolised,thus preventing absorptioNn I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the digestive tract.it makes U̶̲̥̅̊ feel full which enhances weight loss.it contains garcinia which regulates bowel movement preventing constipation A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ soy protein which is a natural source of protein essential for healthy body
You can use dis coupled with light excericse like 30 minutes evening walk A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ a good eating plan then you ά̲̣яε̲̣ sure of lossing that weight quick A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ without stress
Cal 08168355332
what's the name of the burner and how much?
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by delishpot: 12:19am On Jul 08, 2015
oaroloye:
I totally hate all these "Magic Remedies" for weight-loss.
If you want to lose weight, LEARN TO FAST.
Total IDIOTS teach that Fasting is going without food AND WATER.
That is not FASTING, that is SUICIDE.
NO WESTERN MEDICAL DOCTOR knows ANYTHING about Fasting. They have NEVER done it, nor SEEN it done during their training.
If they discover the truth about Fasting during their practice, and communicate it, their licenses will be revoked. To keep their jobs, they will even stand by while their own mothers suffer things that could be resolved by Fasting.
When a person goes without food for 72 hours, all the Carbohydrates in their body are used up. Only then does the body release enzymes to break down the body fat for food. It only releases what the body needs, and this has important consequences HIGH MEDICAL SCIENTISTS ARE FULLY AWARE OF, BUT DO NOT WANT THE PUBLIC TO KNOW ABOUT.
1. You STOP feeling hungry, because the flow of digestive juices ceases.
Most are deterred from Fasting because they think that they will be terribly hungry throughout the period of the Fast. That is impossible.
People with Ulcers have been told that they have to keep eating, or their Ulcers will get worse. That is a lie. My co-worker was treated for stomach ulcer for YEARS. These treatments cannot do dick, because EATING MAINTAINS ULCERS.
2. ALL PARASITIC ORGANISMS DIE.
They DEPEND on the SURPLUS Carbohydrates permeating the tissues to resist the Immune System. Without it, they are dead meat! Western (i.e. White) Medical Scientists KNOW this- but don't want YOU to know.
Sick patients are fed in Hospitals NOT to keep THEM healthy, but to keep their DISEASES well fed.
DO NOT BE ANGRY WITH YOUR DOCTORS AND NURSES: THEY DON'T KNOW THIS. Their Foreign Masters know, but didn't TELL them.
3. ALL ADDICTIONS CEASE FORTHWITH.
People Addicted to Narcotics lose all cravings as from this point. Western Medical Science will coddle addicts (at their own expense) for YEARS in programmes that offer drugs and willpower treatments, whereas the GLYCOGEN-ADDICTION LINK is carefully maintained, by NORMAL FEEDING.
4. The Gasto-Intestinal Tract shuts down, and the blood-flow normally engaged in digesting meals goes elsewhere. This is very important! The diverted blood begins a stepped-up cleansing and healing process thoughout the body.
5. The body fat begins to release highly toxic substances as it dissolves. These will kill one by about FIVE to SEVEN DAYS.
The great Secret of Fasting is that a normal-weighted Human body can go without eating for up to FORTY DAYS without the slightest injury, BUT ONLY IF ONE DRINKS A MINIMUM OF TWOI LITRES OF FRESH WATER PER DAY.
Religious Idiots in Christianity teach that to Fast, you must go without Water. When confronted, they can NEVER give any authoritative source.
I recently met a man who said he Fasted FORTY days- but exprienced only minimal health benefits. Upon cross-examination, he revealed that he had drunk "A LOT OF WATER." Upon being pressed, it emerged that he had drunk 50cL of water (Coke bottle) every day.
That could not be right, I told him: on THAT quantity of Water he should be DEAD! But it FURTHER emerged that he had SPENT THE WHOLE TIME IN HIS ROOM.
THAT is RUBBISH. Jesus taught us that, when we Fast, we DON'T do anything WEIRD, but BEHAVE NORMALLY (Matt. 6:16-18).
By TEN DAYS you stop feeling weaker. The body will have gotten used to feeding off its fat reserve, and shedding its toxic load. Up to this time, EXPECT to feel Headaches, Nausea, Fever, strange Tastes, and Smells on your body.
This is Sickness and Death LEAVING YOUR BODY.
Expect your SLEEP REQUIREMENT to drop drastically.
By the FOURTEENTH DAY you no longer feel weak, but your strength is NORMAL or STRONGER.
Your STAMINA will not be normal, because you have no energy reserves. Over-exertion will strain your HEART, so DON'T!
WHEREAS your maximum should be more than 40 days, it is INADVISABLE that you TRY to reach it, first time out. First FAMILIARIZE yourself with the procedure of RESTARTING the Alimentary Canal by taking shorter Fasts of four to ten days.
This is a tedious process.
When you restart your stomach, hunger will return on a grand scale. You must resist the urge to even COMPLAIN, MOAN, or GROAN.
This strict regimen MUST be followed- WITHOUT DEVIATION!
Days 1-3: 250mls of 50% diluted Citrus Fruit juice at mealtimes.
Days 4-6: 250mls of normal-strength juice at mealtimes.
Days 7-9: Small portions of fresh fruit (cannot be Banana nor Pear).
Days 12-15: Vegetable Salad and Aqueous Soups. (No meat, the same amount of time you Fasted.)
Days 16-18: Soft boiled vegetables in sensible small portions.
Ease into eating normally from here on in. NEVER USE MILK TO BREAK A FAST!
ALWAYS completely recover from one Fast before starting another.
If you were overweight before, you may never be again.

Good write up but I love food o. This obe is hard to do sha
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by CallMeNJay: 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
Cool Tips
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Nobody: 5:25am On May 31, 2019
Blur, shade, icons, spaces – beastly! kiss
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by freemanbiz(m): 11:59am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning everyone. I have tried this Lime+lipton therapy and it is superb. The taste, the feel and most especially, it helps in weight loss without side effect. Read more here: https://example.ng/weight-loss-therapy/
Re: How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss? by Brainvirus: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about your body? Do you want to shed those extra pounds, gain muscle, or simply improve your overall health and well-being? It’s time to embark on your fitness journey and become the best version of yourself.

I’ll lead you through the steps to get started and achieve sustainable results. You can also check my blog, “How To Start Your Fitness Journey” to learn more about how you can start your fitness journey.

https://fitandjacked.com/blog/how-to-start-your-fitness-journey/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Erm, They Now Sell This In Public In Lagos? / Hotness Of The Body Also Known As Internal Heat Facts / Wondaleaf Unisex Condom: Gynaecologist Invents World’s First Unisex Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.