Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,021 members, 7,956,787 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

Pastors Are Not Scammers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Are Not Scammers (916 Views)

Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / 'Student Pastors Are The Biggest Scammers In Nigerian University' - Man Says / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2021
[
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
[
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
[b]
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
[b]
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by chatinent: 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
Why hasn't anyone resurrected the dead from a morgue?

Didn't Jesus do that?

Oga, know the difference between magic and miracles.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
chatinent:
Why hasn't anyone resurrected the dead from a morgue?

Didn't Jesus do that?

Oga, know the difference between magic and miracles.

Alph Lukau resurrected a body from the morgue like Jesus did with witnesses present. Magic or miracle.
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by chatinent: 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Alph Lukau resurrected a body from the morgue like Jesus did. Magic or miracle?

Can you differentiate magic and staged performances from miracles?

Did Jesus say miracles are the requirements of a true Christain?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
chatinent:

Can you differentiate magic, and staged performances from miracles?

Did Jesus say miracles are the requirements of a true Christain?

Miracles are staged performances or outright lies. I don’t care what Jesus said, my point is that the only difference between these pastors’ actions and Jesus’ alleged actions are that the latter’s are recorded in the Bible. Viewed without the bias of religious beliefs, Jesus was a scammer.
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
You registered a brand new moniker about 30 minutes ago so you could post this? shocked
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Dtruthspeaker: 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Miracles are staged performances or outright lies. I don’t care what Jesus said, my point is that the only difference between these pastors’ actions and Jesus’ alleged actions are that the latter’s are recorded in the Bible. Viewed without the bias of religious beliefs, Jesus was a scammer.

So.Did China stage their own Sumsong, Panonic, Guccci, Tomy Hilfinger etc?

Everyone can obtain a Degree Certificate but those who are Truly Qualified Are Known and can be Ascertained!
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Dtruthspeaker: 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You registered a brand new moniker about 30 minutes ago so you could post this? shocked

He does not know that you can change clothes but it will always be the same evil spirit, called FOJ, aka HiddenDude now the knownunknown! grin

grin what a BIG FOOL! grin

1 Like

Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by petra1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
Pastors are men of sacrifice for the congregation. It is ademanding responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
petra1:
Pastors are men of sacrifice for the congregation. It is ademanding responsibility.

I know that there would be 1 or 2 Righteous Pastors but they are largely unknown, unrecognised, rejected, despised and hated thus, they will be considered non-existent, therefore, you are defending a group of people who have been caught on camera and are as guilty as politicians!
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by petra1(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I know that there would be 1 or 2 Righteous Pastors but they are largely unknown, unrecognised, rejected, despised and hated thus, they will be considered non-existent, therefore, you are defending a group of people who have been caught on camera and are as guilty as politicians!

There may few bad eggs as in every institution. 99 % of pastors are volunteers who have their jobs . They rather use their monies to attend to church and brethren needs. Take Redeemed for example. Most of the pastors a Lay volunteers. And those who are full time pastors how much is their salary.
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2021
petra1:

There may few bad eggs as in every institution. 99 % of pastors are volunteers who have their jobs . They rather use their monies to attend to church and brethren needs. Take Redeemed for example. Most of the pastors a Lay volunteers. And those who are full time pastors how much is their salary.

Few bad? No, sir, they are not few bad, they are almost all bad.

I am certain you have never heard this Principle of Law, "A thing is Only Good if Every Single Element of it is Good. It is bad if One Element of it is bad"!

And this is based on the Principle of Law found in Ecclesiastics 10:1

"Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.

Same as the Principle of "You Break One Commandment, You Break All"!
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by FatherOfJesus: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
that moniker is the Dtruthspeaker.

Only him can display such charade
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Pastorjohn2: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Few bad? No, sir, they are not few bad, they are almost all bad.

I am certain you have never heard this Principle of Law, "A thing is Only Good if Every Single Element of it is Good. It is bad if One Element of it is bad"!

And this is based on the Principle of Law found in Ecclesiastics 10:1

"Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.

Same as the Principle of "You Break One Commandment, You Break All"!
Shut up your sinful mouth
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by Dtruthspeaker: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2021
Pastorjohn2:

Shut up your sinful mouth

grin Truth is Always Always Unpleasant to He that Doeth the Wrong! grin
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
[
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by FatherOfJesus: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
KnownUnknown:

I’m not FOJ nor Dtruthspeaker.

Your post about the humility of Jesus seems to me to be the result of the pedestal Jesus is placed on. A person with an entourage who isn’t some public official can not be said to be displaying humility. He’s stolen donkey episode is not the action of a humble person etc. The other issue is the miracles they claim he performed. Examples I gave regarding the modern day miracle workers is to show how Jesus’ miracles would have been charades if the gospels were based on actual history. Miracles are either planned or outright lies.

An example of an outright lie would be the case of Adeboye of Redeemed, who claimed to have driven 300km on a empty gas tank because he prayed to Jesus. It’s an obvious lie but it’s biblical equivalent is given the benefit of the doubt by christians and their apologists. Applying the skepticism with which modern miracles are viewed to Jesus’ miracles would paint him as a scammer the likes of Alph Lukau and the rest of them.

keep deceiving yourself
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by hoopernikao: 10:32am On May 06, 2021
KnownUnknown:

It seems a lot of people, be they Christians, other religionists, and atheists, tend to put Jesus on a pedestal and exempt him from the more deplorable aspects of the religion based on him. In my opinion these pastors are not doing anything different from their role model. The exploits of pastors that FatherofJesus would call scams can be found in the pages of the bible. A simple analysis of some of the miracles without the presumption of Jesus’ so called “divinity” would paint a picture of a modern day scammer, so these pastors are not doing anything that goes against Christianity. Let’s examine his first miracle in Mark 1:21-28 with some edits.

T.B. Joshua Drives Out an Impure Spirit
21 They went to Ibadan, and when Sunday came, T.B. Joshua went into the church and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as a Man of God. 23 Just then a man in their church who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, T.B. Joshua of Egbe? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”
25 “Be quiet!” T.B. Joshua said sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.
27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Oyo.

In my opinion, it should be obvious that the man “possessed by an impure spirit” is in cahoots with T.B. Joshua and this miracle is a theatrical performance. The only difference between T.B. Joshua’s scams and Jesus’ scams is that the latter are recorded in a book that’s supposed to be revered.

Jesus Drives Out an Impure Spirit
21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”
25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.
27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee

So, Jesus is no more a fiction to you? you are getting there. Kontinu...

Soon you will understand what is making you restless on issues and events that you disdain and taken as false.
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
M
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by essentialone(m): 5:42am On Jul 04, 2022
KnownUnknown:
[

All Nigerian Pastors are scammers and deceivers. Know this, and know peace.
Re: Pastors Are Not Scammers by KnownUnknown: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
essentialone:

All Nigerians Pastors are scammers and deceivers. Know this, and know peace.

(1) (Reply)

Evelyn Joshua: My Husbands Death Did Not Surprise Me - Prophet TB Joshua's Wife / Why Do Muslims Pray For China To Take Over The World And For America To Fall? / Why Did God Forsake Jesus? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.