Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

A Nigerian Applying for a UK Student Visa in the US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nigerian Applying for a UK Student Visa in the US (1429 Views)

220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Applying for a UK Student Visa in the US by Nnenna1(f): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2007
Questions.

I'm expanding my options for a second degree, so while I'm considering schools in the US, I'm looking into the UK as well (actually studying in the UK cannot be more appealing at the mo). Can a non-immigrant--an international student, to be precise--residing in the US apply for a student visa for the UK via the British embassy in America? Or, Does one have to return to his home country for this? What are my chances of getting a visa to the UK if I HAD to return to Nigeria? Responses appreciated grin.
Re: A Nigerian Applying for a UK Student Visa in the US by cheikh: 5:46pm On May 01, 2012
Nnenna1
Questions.

I'm expanding my options for a second degree, so while I'm considering schools in the US, I'm looking into the UK as well (actually studying in the UK cannot be more appealing at the mo). Can a non-immigrant--an international student, to be precise--residing in the US apply for a student visa for the UK via the British embassy in America? Or, Does one have to return to his home country for this? What are my chances of getting a visa to the UK if I HAD to return to Nigeria? Responses appreciated .

@Nnenna1 ^^ You can apply for visa from anywhere you reside in the world. The idea of returning to one's home country is only peculiar to Naija because of obvious notoriety etc. If you're legitimately residing in the U.S.A there should be no problem. Information is free so why don't you ask the British embassy directly. They'll gladly give you the correct info that you need free.

As for being an international student, you'll definitely need (proof) enough financial resources to finance your upkeep/studies etc before they can consider issuing you with the appropriate visa for your studies. it is standard procedure I believe for every foreign/international student. Are you carrying Nigerian or American passport? That also will determine your visa status and perhaps fees too. I guess that won't make much difference pertaining to fees and upkeep in the U.K. if you are classified as a foreign student. The course and institution may also determine the potential cost to you which also may affect your visa application positively. On the whole, money determines your visa application for study in the U.K. than anything else these days. If you are carrying an EU passport then you don't really have any problem even pertaining to tuition cost except the usual upkeep cost that's inevitable for everyone student or not. I hope that I've been of a small help. Take care and have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

Have A Look At The Faces Of Some Nigerian Spoiling Our Image Globally. / BENUE STATE TIME Should Be Adjust! / Where To Book Train Ticket From Lagos To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.