Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery (534 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by unity004(m): 5:23am On Apr 30, 2021
I am a 27 years old Biochemistry graduate with a good grades, after failing to nailed a job for like one year, I decided to further with my education. I have gotten two admissions; MSc biotechnology(it will take 2 to 3 years to complete the program) and Medicine and surgery (undergraduate)(it will take 5 to 7years to complete the program). I fancy both programs but I can't run them together, please which of them will you advice me to go for.

Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by Vasgas: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2021
I am also a BCH graduate, it's hasn't been easy getting job opportunities.
Med&Surg for better job opportunities, because with the current state of Nigeria.
Biotechnology is good but how many biotech companies do we have where you can practice although lecturing is also an option.

Age is not a barrier (27+ 7 yrs), you will be 34 years upon completion of the med&Surg program assuming K remains constant.

Finally, Seek God face too

1 Like

Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by Waramiedema63: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2021
I graduated from biochemistry also but I am going into medicine and surgery soon

1 Like

Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by bularuz(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2021
Better for you to do medicine and surgery, I know people with PhD in Biochemistry in Nigeria that are looking for jobs

1 Like

Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by BigDawsNet: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2021
unity004:
I am a 27 years old Biochemistry graduate with a good grades, after failing to nailed a job for like one year, I decided to further with my education. I have gotten two admissions; MSc biotechnology(it will take 2 to 3 years to complete the program) and Medicine and surgery (undergraduate)(it will take 5 to 7years to complete the program). I fancy both programs but I can't run them together, please which of them will you advice me to go for.

You should consider masters in biotechnology in Canada...

1 Like

Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by Hahjascho(m): 7:40am On May 06, 2021
unity004:
I'm almost in a similar situation....but this is what I would have advised myself. Check those who have achieved such feats i.e (biotechnology) and compare their way of lives....is it what you would ever love to be?.... you can also check the prospects of job opportunities after studying the program.

However, Medicine and Surgery seems to be a better channel to me.
Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by Hahjascho(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2021
Waramiedema63:
I graduated from biochemistry also but I am going into medicine and surgery soon
Are you really factual about it? If yes, then let's link up, I'm also interested.
Re: Msc Biotechnology Or Medicine And Surgery by ken6488(m): 8:08am On May 06, 2021
Currently doing medical bio chemistry

On the long run I will go for medicine and surgery

(1) (Reply)

2021 Jamb Runs And Upgrade / 15% Discount Offer On All Our Computer Training Courses-Torbita Computer School / Juli-Owens Private School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.