Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (487 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by oluwatunde1984(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Is it good for husband or wife to buy anything whatsoever ever with their personal name

First car of the family in particular
Re: Advice Needed by chatinent: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
oluwatunde1984:
Is it good for husband or wife to buy anything whatsoever ever with their personal name

Explain “their family name ”

You mean theirs?

Or parents?

Or you mean it should be personalised?
Re: Advice Needed by 1F30M4(f): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
I do not understand what you mean by "personal name"

If it's theirs, why not?!
Re: Advice Needed by Mariangeles(f): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
oluwatunde1984:

No.
Re: Advice Needed by JovialJune(f): 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
Let me guess Mr Tunde, your wife bought a car and registered it with her maiden name, which is paining you right? Lol,

Why not buy your own car, and register it in your own manly name so the equation will be balanced?

Case closed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by JovialJune(f): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ta che first car of the family, lol

Who will drive it? The family? Or the husband?

The problem is that, the husband does not want to drive a car that has the wife's maiden name on it, simple.

Let me not talk again.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by jesmond3945: 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
JovialJune:
Let me guess Mr Tunde, your wife bought a car and registered it with her maiden name, which is paining you right? Lol,

Why not buy your own car, and register it in your own manly name so the equation will be balanced?

Case closed.
but my dear why would a wife do that?
Re: Advice Needed by JovialJune(f): 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
jesmond3945:
but my dear why would a wife do that?

Because she can, but does the name matter? When at the end of the day, it will be husband driving it and she'd be hopping on bike and keke? What difference does it make exactly? Or the ego filled husband needs it to be registered with his name?

Some men never mature for marriage olohun, little things like these shouldn't be an issue, outsiders can't know whose name is on the car except the couple, so really what's the fuss about

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by jesmond3945: 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Because she can, but does the name matter? When at the end of the day, it will be husband driving it and she'd be hopping on bike and keke? What difference does it make exactly? Or the ego filled husband needs it to be registered with his name?

Some men never mature for marriage olohun, little things like these shouldn't be an issue, outsiders can't know whose name is on the car except the couple, so really what's the fuss about
I think not putting his name shows that you are not really into him. I think it is a red flag.
Re: Advice Needed by Foodqueen(f): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
Any name wey una like make una right put.

Provided I sit down for front anytime we de go out.

Car wahala not even house.
Re: Advice Needed by oluwatunde1984(m): 1:50am On May 01, 2021
chatinent:

Explain “their family name ”

You mean theirs?

Or parents?

Or you mean it should be personalised?
. For example instead of using Mr and Mrs I should now use my own name
Re: Advice Needed by AfroKnight: 10:10am On May 01, 2021
Is it a gift? Did the other spouse contribute to the purchase? If no, then it should be in your own name.
Re: Advice Needed by Mariangeles(f): 10:25am On May 01, 2021
oluwatunde1984:
. For example instead of using Mr and Mrs I should now use my own name

Ask yourself how you'd feel if your spouse did the same, then let your answer guide you.

I thought marriage was all about teamwork... What is it with modern couples competing against and defrauding themselves? Na wah o!

Nowadays, couples would rather bring their issues online than discuss it with their spouse. Such a shame!
Marriage doesn't equal wisdom after all.
Re: Advice Needed by anthonyuncle(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2021
a married man has no personal name

(1) (Reply)

Chicken Wings. For Sale Per Kg / Mixed Reactions As Underage South Sudanese Boy And Girl Got Wedded / �full Housewife After 9 Years Of Tertiary Education, Please I Am Depressed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.