Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO (22709 Views)

How Adeduntan Resigned As First Bank CEO On Cbn’s Order / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Cheryph200(m): 5:53am On May 01, 2021
Something Dey DO Una, will this add to my balance
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Triplerg: 5:56am On May 01, 2021
rawtouch:
sad

some people get mind sha, someone with 10% stake deh sack board
Actually, he controls more than 10% stakes in that bank, although only 10% in his name. Moreover, the board was full of his loyalists

2 Likes

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Nobody: 5:57am On May 01, 2021
Dozie32:
Which I could see that MS Isioma. At least she get money now make I marry am. grin
Op, you get mind ooo...

1 Like

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by sulaak(m): 6:08am On May 01, 2021
Kobicove:

I'm sure he had started seeing First Bank as a subsidiary of the Honeywell Group grin

Honeywell Group only owns 10% of FBN

1 Like

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Dozie32(m): 6:25am On May 01, 2021
supportnija:

Op, you get mind ooo...

Yes na grin
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:25am On May 01, 2021
Triplerg:
Actually, he controls more than 10% stakes in that bank, although only 10% in his name. Moreover, the board was full of his loyalists

He has less than 5% check the annual report, by the time you add the holdings of his friends like Arisekola and other politicians, he then be controlling 10% of the shares by proxy which is 3.3 billion shares out of the outstanding 33 billion shares of the bank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:27am On May 01, 2021
Mordecai has resumed

1 Like

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Nobody: 6:29am On May 01, 2021
Dozie32:
Which I could see that MS Isioma. At least she get money now make I marry am. grin
She has had money long ago, she just had more now, You won't be able to cope at all. Abeg just no reason am.

2 Likes

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Twoclans(f): 6:39am On May 01, 2021
The elephant is in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Twoclans(f): 6:42am On May 01, 2021
abbaapple:
angry

Senior Bankers are just like politicians lipsrsealed expect him to bring any changes at your own
Peril!!!!

You are sooooooooooo correct,some of them do not even know how to use any electronic banking platform.

2 Likes

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by IYANGBALI: 6:43am On May 01, 2021
And so? Make we fry beans? Mtcheeeeeeew!
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by abnot: 6:43am On May 01, 2021
sulaak:

Honeywell Group only owns 10% of FBN
Otudeko had 10% to his name. He owned bharti Airtrl which in turn owns some shares in FBN. He also owns Honeywell which in turn owns shares in FBN. If you add up the shares he controls it may be more than 50% which explains why he wants to run the bank like a one man business. Same thing with zenith bank. Only 9.8% of the shares belongs to Jim ovia directly but he owns other companies that owns a substantial amount of shares . That’s why he’s able to handpick board members

4 Likes

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by oyeb15: 6:44am On May 01, 2021
they are all theives
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by hybridblood07(m): 6:50am On May 01, 2021
Fulfilled how?
tillaman:
Soldier go soldier come Baracks go surely remain!!
Oba Otudeko and the likes must be feeling fulfilled by now
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by izubext007: 7:07am On May 01, 2021
hope my N5k in my account is safe?
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Cutehector(m): 7:11am On May 01, 2021
ringi82:
Otudeko how far grin. Now I see why Sanusi sacked bank MDs back in 2009. They run these institutions like their private property with complete disregard of laid down rules and regulations.
one man will just be eating fbn money

1 Like

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by ofiko123(m): 7:21am On May 01, 2021
Congratulations to him...
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Difrent: 7:30am On May 01, 2021
rawtouch:
sad

some people get mind sha, someone with 10% stake deh sack board

That 10% makes him highest single shareholder
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by largeman4u(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2021
What about the loans he collected and refuse to pay?
All this our audio rich men.

Their debt pass all the shares they own

2 Likes

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by hotplate: 7:53am On May 01, 2021
i had four account linked to my sim but right now only one is showing is this the reason?
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Bestbeelieve: 8:00am On May 01, 2021
daddytime:
Something shitty going on..

i agree with you. as everything with this APC administration! you should definitely know somethin fishy fishy
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by vict505(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2021
STUPID BANK THAT LACK CARE FOR THEIR STAFF.
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by 2special(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2021
Kobicove:
Well deserved victory for him!

I'm happy that the CBN upheld best practice and corporate governance in this case smiley
Which of the CBN?
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by ecolime(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2021
Seniorwriter:
This whole Brouhaha about a bank leadership? SMH
Banking crises can cripple a nation. Not to talk of a bank with over 31 million depositors. Abeg oo
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Kobicove(m): 8:43am On May 01, 2021
2special:
Which of the CBN?

How many CBNs do you know that regulate banks in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Seniorwriter(m): 8:49am On May 01, 2021
ecolime:

Banking crises can cripple a nation. Not to talk of a bank with over 31 million depositor. Abeg oo
Hmmm Interesting stats

FBN stability solely depends on their research team and futuristic approach towards their banking policies.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:39am On May 01, 2021
abnot:

Otudeko had 10% to his name. He owned bharti Airtrl which in turn owns some shares in FBN. He also owns Honeywell which in turn owns shares in FBN. If you add up the shares he controls it may be more than 50% which explains why he wants to run the bank like a one man business. Same thing with zenith bank. Only 9.8% of the shares belongs to Jim ovia directly but he owns other companies that owns a substantial amount of shares . That’s why he’s able to handpick board members

FBN has the most dispersed shareholding structure in Nigeria, the bank has 1 million shares.

The outstanding shares is 33 billion, Otudeko and his companies has just 600 millions shares if you add the shares controlled by proxies for his friends it will bring everything to 3.3 billion shares or 10% of FBN shares.

Kindly pick the current annual financial report of FBN.

FBN has shares in Airtel. Airtel does not have shares in FBN
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Alayiwola: 10:10am On May 01, 2021
this is it.Who is Who among share holder

emmanuelewumi:

FBN has the most dispersed shareholding structure in Nigeria, the bank has 1 million shares.

The outstanding shares is 33 billion, Otudeko and his companies has just 600 millions shares if you add the shares controlled by proxies for his friends it will bring everything to 3.3 billion shares or 10% of FBN shares.

Kindly pick the current annual financial report of FBN.

FBN has shares in Airtel. Airtel does not have shares in FBN

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Bluntemperor: 10:42am On May 01, 2021
abnot:

You got sense,as the ownership control got to his head and failure to understand that the CBN has the Supervisory role and as Apex Bank- has the final say!
- None of the sacked Board members has told us why the MD was sacked or his offense.If you got approval for his appointment, would you tell the same CBN why you need to oughst him without completion of his term.All we see here is power drunk and violators of rules.
What is banking rules on Single Obligor of a Public company like FBN,so Banks are now personal property! Are we serious at all in this country.No wander First Bank is not flying like others peers, considering the present 2020 Annual Report! The bank needs to fly to justify the huge resources being tie down!
Why should people garner proxies(known and many unknown via agreements)on stocks to claim Ownership of many Public Companies,just because they have more money to throw around!
First bank should do new shares subscription for the Public to restore trust and credibility.
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by TheMohican(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2021
SmartPolician:
Emefiele has shown us how a sane country works. Until we start building strong institutions as opposed to strong men, Nigeria will keep running round in circles. Congratulations to the reinstated MD, Mr. Adeduntan.

Quoting Barack Obama I sight thew
Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:17am On May 01, 2021
Alayiwola:
this is it.Who is Who among share holder

Otudeko has 600 million out of 33 billion shares, so his personal holdings is less than 3%.

Value of his shares is about N4 billion, but he is indebted to the bank to the tune of over N75 billion

1 Like

Re: Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO by Dozie32(m): 4:30pm On May 01, 2021
Bouz:
She has had money long ago, she just had more now, You won't be able to cope at all. Abeg just no reason am.
s
Chai e no go easy oo baba!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of African Countries Whose Currency Is Stronger Than Naira / Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? / Instagram beggar threatens to use juju on Hauwa Indimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.