Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? (22828 Views)

How I Became The Biggest Investor In Sao Tome - Jimoh Ibrahim / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / How Credible Is Jimoh Ibrahim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by greatfiso(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2007
I've heard so much about the man call JIMOH IBRAHIM.
Can someone pls tell about this man, and how he started?
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by jimsawyer(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2007
Born to poor parenst in a family of about 17 siblings, Jimoh Ibrahim is today the most inspiring Businessman in Nigeria, and possibly in the world.
Inspiring in that he loves urging people to do what he did-which is a near overnight success.

Officail story is that he made his first millions while studying law at O.A.U when he ran seminars for all local governments on taxation.

He came into the limelight in 2002/2003 when he contested for the Governorship post in Ondo State on the platform of the ANPP.

After that he quite politics, and started Global Fleet-a petroleum marketing company. His strategy was to acquire rather than build-so he acqires filling stations, instead of building from scratch.As of this month, he has over 250 of such stations and recently he got licenced as an Independent Marketer.

He also in the last 1 year bought Great Nigeria Insurance-sold it for profit, then bought Nigeria's number 1 Insurance firm-NICON.

He also bought EAS Airlines and renamed it NICON Airlines. And bought the Meidan Hotel in Lekki-renaming it NICON Hotel.

He equally has a furniture making company in VGC that brings in income in the hundreds of millions.

His rapid expansion is traced to his ability to borrow from banks and PAY ON TIME-indeed faster than they expect, so banks are eager to lend him.

His worth: cant say-but he controls assest and businesses worth over 100 Billion Naira.

He delivers free lectures through City People on how Nigerians can start from nothing to make millions in any business.It usually holds once a month at Excellence Hotel, Ogba.

Jimoh Ibrahim to me is the present and future of Nigerian Business.

He recently clocked 40 years and is married with children.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by jimsawyer(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2007
Born to poor parenst in a family of about 17 siblings, Jimoh Ibrahim is today the most inspiring Businessman in Nigeria, and possibly in the world.
Inspiring in that he loves urging people to do what he did-which is a near overnight success.

Officail story is that he made his first millions while studying law at O.A.U when he ran seminars for all local governments on taxation.

He came into the limelight in 2002/2003 when he contested for the Governorship post in Ondo State on the platform of the ANPP.

After that he quite politics, and started Global Fleet-a petroleum marketing company. His strategy was to acquire rather than build-so he acqires filling stations, instead of building from scratch.As of this month, he has over 250 of such stations and recently he got licenced as an Independent Marketer.

He also in the last 1 year bought Great Nigeria Insurance-sold it for profit, then bought Nigeria's number 1 Insurance firm-NICON.

He also bought EAS Airlines and renamed it NICON Airlines. And bought the Meidan Hotel in Lekki-renaming it NICON Hotel.

He equally has a furniture making company in VGC that brings in income in the hundreds of millions.

His rapid expansion is traced to his ability to borrow from banks and PAY ON TIME-indeed faster than they expect, so banks are eager to lend him.

His worth: cant say-but he controls assest and businesses worth over 100 Billion Naira.

He delivers free lectures through City People on how Nigerians can start from nothing to make millions in any business.It usually holds once a month at Excellence Hotel, Ogba.

Jimoh Ibrahim to me is the present and future of Nigerian Business.

He recently clocked 40 years and is married with children.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by alanbolo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2007
Please, if he has a website, kindly post it.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by lovlin287(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2007
hello giz,
i am gabriel ,i love what i read about mr jimoh ibrahim,i will like to ask of a favour from you, please kindly do this for me,i will like you to help get his phone number or his email address so i can relate with him,
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx gizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Blenheim(m): 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2007
Gist from the grapevine has it that some years back, Jimoh Ibrahim duped the Military Administrator of one of the Niger Delta states. After that, he absconded to the US. It was there he did the Harvard Executive Education programme and returned a superstar. The ex MILAD had a stroke and has been bedridden since then. This allegation hasnt been denied beecause many people knew of his closeness to the ex-MILAD, in fact, Jimoh was his Special Assistant.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by gisaa(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2007
Let me tell u what i was told about him.

I was told he was a very close friend to that Mariam Abacha son who died in the plan crash long time ago.dat All the money the guy made from Abacha were kept in his custody.after the guy dealth he just use the money to travel out .And went to havard to study where he gradute as the best student,from where World bank pick him as consultant,on some projects.

After the election of 2003 which he lost due to power play,he intends going back to havard to be lecture cos he was wanted there,but for the invention of Mrs Ibru(M D OCEANIC BANK) who asked him about his oil business,dat who is going to take of it.She even call him to borrow him some money to expande his business.

But no matter what they say about him i pray to GOD to make me be like him,cos the guy is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by noble2007(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2007
@ gisaa

U are perfectly right.he himself(Jimoh Ibrahim) confessed to us in one of his Seminars organised by City People Magazine publisher at Shreaton Hotel way back Jan 2005 where he taught us "startin biz wit zero Kobo"

He proudly confessed to us durin d seminar session dat he u used to teach Abacha's son book @ LAW SCHOOL then,based on dis they became very intimate friend.but he didn't tell us d other side as u revealed to us now.Of course nobody wil expect him to tell us dat.No rich man/woman wil ever tell u d dirty things he/she did to become rich.

The bottomline is d guy has maximised the use of d money to create employment for our youths and even teachin them how to become future enterpreneurs.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by moskit4(m): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2007
Plaese I will like to know when the seminar usually hold every month.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by agboifo(f): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2007
Jimoh Ibrahim, ah! Hmm, all that glitters,

I'm surprised at the speed at which some intend to ignore whatever "means" he used to get there. Is that the stuff of which models are made?

Though most suspicion is based largely on rumors, I still have always "smelt" something not quite right. Anyhow, that may just be me!
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by junegirl(f): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2007
Thing is, he's a very determined guy, determined to get out out of poverty. He's also quite intelligent and at every point has tapped into his intellectual capacity to create wealth. He's a sharp guy.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by fellybabe(f): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2007
i always attend his seminar too.i like his motivational lecture.just that he is such a busy person. he doesn't pick phone but u can communicate with him through text messages.i used to have his number on my phone but that phone was stolen. maybe, u can ask noble2007, since he was also at the seminar, i think he should aslo have his number.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Laptopsell(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2007
He is one of the richest man in Nigeria. i hope the ans is simple and straight
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by khemmai(f): 6:45pm On May 14, 2008
please, does any one knows the website of jimoh ibrahim's company - the global fleet group?
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Mustay(m): 1:56am On May 15, 2008
He's the messiah of NICON too! grin
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by humantoy(m): 7:41pm On May 15, 2008
Hmmmm.Jimoh Ibrahim is not as smart as people think.All that glitters is definitely not gold.I think we should try and investigate the rich amongst us well before we begin to celebrate them.Its not enough for them after 'making' money to now go about delivering free lectures on how to make money with zero naira.Who is Jimoh Ibrahim?I ask again.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by pastorking(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2008
Humantoy

The young man has made a mark. He has affected his generation. Now you are even discussing him on a forum like this. Get up and see what you can do positively for people to discuss u too. OK.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Akolawole(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2008
One Nairalander work for him.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Mustay(m): 3:51pm On May 20, 2008
na u? wink
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Ladybim: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2008
He got is first financial break by collecting tax for the federal government from corporate organization and he got a certain percentage of the amount collected.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by jmslimx(m): 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2009
please any one with jimoh ibrahim company info i could contact i have some filling stations for sale
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by Truthonly(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2009
He's ok!
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by danladi50: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2009
Jimoh Ibrahim
is not some one ill not want to be my role model
my friends who work for him are living in abject poverty
he does not pay well and the funny thing is that he deducts 50 thousand every month from there salary for cars but he never gives them
some have worked for so 3 to 4 years and they have overpaid the 1 million naira to be deducted for two years
he pays 60 thousand naira monthly and it is paid like ten days after the month has ended
instead he finds a way to sack them and then announce to the world that he has employed 500 ghost staffs
I feel bad that we Nigerians can be deceived
I think Adenuga is far more better than him though i hear he sacks people also for no good reason
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by truelover(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
Just headover to google and do a search typing Jimoh Ibrahim, you will get results relating to him and his companies.
The same thing applies to any big man you want to know more about.
Cheers
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by MrCrackles(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
Topic
My houseboy. . . . . .
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by floriana(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
[b]Jimoh Ibrahim is today the most i[/b]nspiring Businessman in Nigeria, and possibly in the world.
[quote][/quote]

He is one of Nigeria's most dubious businessmen.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by gatarca(m): 12:14am On Sep 11, 2009
danladi50:

Jimoh Ibrahim
is not some one ill not want to be my role model
my friends who work for him are living in abject poverty
he does not pay well and the funny thing is that he deducts 50 thousand every month from there salary for cars but he never gives them
some have worked for so 3 to 4 years and they have overpaid the 1 million naira to be deducted for two years
he pays 60 thousand naira monthly and it is paid like ten days after the month has ended
instead he finds a way to sack them and then announce to the world that he has employed 500 ghost staffs
I feel bad that we Nigerians can be deceived
I think Adenuga is far more better than him though i hear he sacks people also for no good reason

very very correct. i have a very close person that works with him in top level and still he can't afford to live as good as a clerk
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by floriana(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nigeria's boldest non-performing debtor.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by confluence: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2009
Gist from the grapevine has it that some years back, Jimoh Ibrahim duped the Military Administrator of one of the Niger Delta states. After that, he absconded to the US. It was there he did the Harvard Executive Education programme and returned a superstar. The ex MILAD had a stroke and has been bedridden since then. This allegation hasnt been denied beecause many people knew of his closeness to the ex-MILAD, in fact, Jimoh was his Special Assistant.
@Blenheim,
You are very correct the military Governor of bayelsa state(Navy captain olubolade) down with stroke, was flown overseas by Sanii Abacha then.
Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by DavidIsaa: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hello all.
I m David Isaac. I work with I.s Portfolio Plus Limited.
After reading the story of Jimoh Ibrahim i am inspired to post my letter on Nairaland.
Below is an attached copy of my letter. I will be so greatful to nairaland if this letter can get to the oga him self. Jimoh Ibrahim.
In I.s portfolio we are into Excess Bank Charges Recovery. For those of us that have one account or the other with the bank we are all victims of this charges.

We are located at plot 2, Ayodola Close Akowonjo Lagos.
If you are interested in recovering the Excess Bank Charges on your account please dont hesitate to the number below. Or visit us at our office address.

We look forward to welcoming you.

David Isaac

Re: Who Is Jimoh Ibrahim? by RealAAdekunjo(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
Can this reach front page again?
I'm researching on this Man amd two others.
cc: lalasticlala airforce1 mynd4

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Childrens Cloths In Wholesale / FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.