Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes (24705 Views)

How Adeduntan Resigned As First Bank CEO On Cbn’s Order / Adeduntan Resumes As First Bank CEO / First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by observanc1: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
joyairemiya:
Very unfair. Mrs Ibukun Awosika should go to court
read the BOFIA Act before asking the woman to go to court.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by baralatie(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
joyairemiya:
she should not have allowed otudeko to use her head,hand to have a whooping #100 billion insider unpaid loan to be running around with in cbn books.
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by DaFuhrer(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

A single sperm has 37.5MB of DNA information in it. That means that a normal ejaculation represents a data transfer of 1,587.5TB.

cool

How did you come up with this??
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by DaFuhrer(m): 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
Sammy07:
cool

Stop your Yoruba hatred and breathe life.

How much is 3k to First bank? undecided

Do you know the percentage ratio of commercial money that's with CBN? Just incase of insolvency?

It is just sarcasm.....It is good thing to know when someone is being sarcastic. It's an indication of healthy mind.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by Myself2(m): 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
hybridblood07:
Dr. Oba Otudeko has finally accepted change of board members

Does he have a choice. At this stage he can't do more than a dead rat.
It's good for him to be cut to size, his board room bullying and arrogance needed to be treated and Emefiele treated it well

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by kolexy(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

As long as her shares in First Bank are still intact, it would not be a good idea to fight against the CBN.

Going to court worked for Wale Tinubu, Oando when the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) sacked the management for the same corporate government malfeasance similar to First Bank and he was able to get a court order to be reinstated. However, the powers behind Wale Tinubu are far greater than the powers behind Mrs Ibukun Awosika and Oba Otudeko.

She is not a major shareholder in First Bank. She was put there by Oba Otudeko. She is a good woman, but people should not be swayed by those beautiful speeches. They don't necessarily translate to wealth.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by Myself2(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
baralatie:

she should not have allowed otudeko to use her head,hand to have a whooping #100 billion insider unpaid loan to be running around with in cbn books.

Abeggi make I hear word.

Go to court � fire

Go to court and do what exactly ?
Are you a learner ? Oh so you think as chairman of board, she was unaware of those insider dealings that resulted in high percentage of bad loans for which the bank was in CBN forbearance ? You think she was not part and parcel of it ? Let her make pim and Otudeko will open her nyash. That's how they will come to seminars and conferences and be preaching hardworking, discipline, integrity yada yada, yada , but inside the board room they are rogues and law breakers

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by Durklil: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ok
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by kolexy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
Myself2:

Abeggi make I hear word.

Go to court � fire

Go to court and do what exactly ?
Are you a learner ? Oh so you think as chairman of board, she was unaware of those insider dealings that resulted in high percentage of bad loans for which the bank was in CBN forbearance ? You think she was not part and parcel of it ? Let her make pim and Otudeko will open her nyash. That's how they will come to seminars and conferences and be preaching hardworking, discipline, integrity yada yada, yada , but inside the board room they are rogues and law breakers

The insider dealings are not the major issue. Most of the bad debts in First Bank were given when Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was CEO. I heard Seawolf's debt alone was over $1billion (though not sure if this is true)
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by nathyx(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
Nigerians always find a way of humiliating themselves on the global stage angry angry
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by hotplate: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
i use to have 4 first bank accounts linked to my sim but right now i can find only one is this the reason?
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by hybridblood07(m): 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
I didn't know CBN can actually appoint board members in banking sector
Myself2:

Does he have a choice. At this stage he can't do more than a dead rat.
It's good for him to be cut to size, his board room bullying and arrogance needed to be treated and Emefiele treated it well
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by chloride6: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

As long as her shares in First Bank are still intact, it would not be a good idea to fight against the CBN.

Going to court worked for Wale Tinubu, Oando when the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) sacked the management for the same corporate government malfeasance similar to First Bank and he was able to get a court order to be reinstated. However, the powers behind Wale Tinubu are far greater than the powers behind Mrs Ibukun Awosika and Oba Otudeko.

There is nothing to fight ..

CBN can do and undo with a bank

1 Like

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by Bimpe29: 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
First Bank's cabals have been defeated by CBN.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by geesilver(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
Sammy07:

My name resembles someone that do fast undecided
it's a question.... name does not determined faith. how would I know ?
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by ofiko123(m): 2:57am On May 01, 2021
Nice one..
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by 9jaRealist: 7:04am On May 01, 2021
joyairemiya:

To do what?

She’s a NON-EXECUTIVE chairperson...
Her role is SOLELY advisory, not managerial.

>
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by 9jaRealist: 7:09am On May 01, 2021
kolexy:
The insider dealings are not the major issue. Most of the bad debts in First Bank were given when Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was CEO. I heard Seawolf's debt alone was over $1billion (though not sure if this is true)

Abegi quit with beer-parlor rumor mongering....
The troublesome insider loans were primarily those extend to Honeywell.

In addition, FBN held equity in Honeywell (and Bharti Airtel)...
Which it should never have held, and was repeatedly directed to divest.

Meanwhile, not only did Sanusi leave FBN in 2009....
But one if the first things he did as CBN Governor was to TIGHTEN insider lending rules.
>
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by 9jaRealist: 7:15am On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Fight on what basis abegi?
NO bank can appoint a new CEO without CBN approval.
>
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by SavageResponse(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2021
Yankee101:
First bank is plc not limited

You're wrong, First Bank is a Limited liability company. It's the holding company that is a "Plc"
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by SavageResponse(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2021
bunto:
Black man and emotions.
Are you saying this from a place of knowledge or just because you assume she is a good person.
This is why our Elites use our heads.

She is saying it out of sentiment cos she has watched too many of Awosika's motivational videos grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by SavageResponse(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2021
hybridblood07:
I didn't know CBN can actually appoint board members in banking sector

Now you know grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by SavageResponse(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2021
baralatie:

In case you don't know it was Otudeko that nominated her as Chairman therefore she was his lackey and always did his bidding undecided
Re: First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes by Myself2(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2021
kolexy:

The insider dealings ARE the major issue. I don't know anything about Seawolf, I don't know if FBN invested in it in a shady way like they did in Honeywell and Bharti Airtel, companies that have/had Otudeko as chairman. So as long as there was no conflict of interest and insider consideration in the procurement of the loan by Seawolf as you alleged, thats purely normal course of business and should not raise eyebrows even if it's 3 billion dollars. The crux of the matter here, is insider dealings, it's actually a criminal act and people do go to jail for stuff like this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Akesan Market In Oyo Town Razed By Fire / Opay Agent: How To Receive A Free POS From Opay / Remi Babalola Resigns From FBN Holdings As Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.