Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships (1823 Views)

Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Sharon Oyakhilome Engaged To Her Fiance ( Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On May 01, 2021
petra1:
https://youtu.be/p4A
What does any of this to do with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God or any of Jesus Christ's actual teachings(Truth)? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 6:14am On May 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What does any of this to do with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God or any of Jesus Christ's actual teachings(Truth)? undecided

If you're acquainted with scriptures It's the word he's teaching. Just as in the days of Paul people write to ask questions

1 Corinthians 7:1
​ Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: is it good for a man not to touch a woman.
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On May 01, 2021
petra1:

If oyure acquainted with scriptures It's the word he's teaching. Just as in the days of Paul people write to ask questions

​ Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: is it good for a man not to touch a woman.
Again...
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ send His disciples out to teach people whether to kiss or not kiss in relationships? undecided

Where in His Gospel teachings which we are called to trust and obey is this information locate? undecided

Did Jesus Christ lie when He declared that our marriages(relationships) are of this world and not of His Kingdom? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 6:12am On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again... Did Jesus Christ send His disciples out to teach people whether to kiss or not kiss in relationships? undecided

Where in His Gospel teachings which we are called to trust and obey is this information locate? undecided

Did Jesus Christ lie when He declared that our marriages(relationships) are of this world and not of His Kingdom? undecided

To understand Christian life . Read more of the epistles The Word of God cover every aspect of life.

​ Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: is it good for a man not to touch a woman

Gal 1:11 — Gal 1:12
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On May 02, 2021
petra1:

To understand Christian life . Read more of the epistles The Word of God cover every aspect of life.

​ Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: is it good for a man not to touch a woman

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Again ....
Did Jesus Christ send His disciples out to teach people whether to kiss or not kiss in relationships? undecided

Did Jesus Christ lie when He declared that our marriages(relationships) are of this world and not of His Kingdom?undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by jared007: 3:42pm On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again ....

Did Jesus Christ lie when He declared that our marriages(relationships) are of this world and not of His Kingdom?undecided
Tho your question is not directed to me but I noticed u are trying to play smart. I feel your question is shallow minded. Is the scripture all about the gospel?

Now the scriptures includes the old covenant of God with the Israelites, The gospel of Christ and the epistles of Christ for christian living.

The gospel is for every creature( unbelievers, christians, muslims, atheists, buddhists etc).

The epistles Petra is referring to is for only christians.

So this topic you are attacking is directed to christians and not unbelievers.
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On May 02, 2021
jared007:
Tho your question is not directed to me but I noticed u are trying to play smart. I feel your question is shallow minded. Is the scripture all about the gospel?

Now the scriptures includes the old covenant of God with the Israelites, The gospel of Christ and the epistles of Christ for christian living.

The gospel is for every creature( unbelievers, christians, muslims, atheists, buddhists etc).

The epistles Petra is referring to is for only christians.

So this topic you are attacking is directed to christians and not unbelievers.
sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The Gospels is meant for whom? The epistles are meant for whom? undecided

Again..
Kobojunkie:
Again ....

Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by jared007: 3:53pm On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again ....

As for the B part of your question, marriage is of this world and also of the kingdom. Now when I say kingdom I mean kingdom of God and not of Heaven. There is kingdom of God and there is also kingdom of Heaven. I know u are shocked.

Christians and all the saints of old and new testament will not marry of course( they would be given supernatural bodies) but there are also gonna be natural people that will marry in the new earth thereby restoring Gods original design for Adam and Eve.
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On May 02, 2021
jared007:
As for the B part of your question, marriage is of this world and also of the kingdom. Now when I say kingdom I mean kingdom of God and not of Heaven. There is kingdom of God and there is also kingdom of Heaven. I know u are shocked.

Christians and all the saints of old and new testament will not marry of course( they would be given supernatural bodies) but there are also gonna be natural people that will marry in the new earth thereby restoring Gods original design for Adam and Eve.
1. Marriage is of the Kingdom of God? So by your declaration, Jesus Christ lied when He He that your Marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom. undecided

2. The Kingdom of God that belongs to Jesus Christ consists of both Heaven and Hell. So Jesus Christ knew to speak of Heaven when He meant Heaven alone and Hell when He meant Hell alone. However, in this case, He was speaking not of Heaven or or Hell but His Kingdom which implying both domains within it.undecided

3. The New Earth is not a promise to you in the New Covenant teachings of Jesus Christ. He promised you eternal life beginning here on earth in either of Heaven or Hell. That is the New Covenant Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 11:13pm On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again ....

Is touching a woman part of the gospel
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On May 02, 2021
petra1:

Study more on the epistles. The new testament began from Christ death
So, we are to abandon the very teachings that Jesus Christ equipped His disciples with from before His death - the very same teachings which they were instructed by Jesus Christ to go into the world and teach then? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On May 02, 2021
petra1:

Is touching a woman part of the gospel
Did Jesus Christ tell you or any of His disciples to go teach the world about the touching of women? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 11:42pm On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ tell you or any of His disciples to go teach the world about the touching of women? undecided

Yes
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 11:46pm On May 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, we are to abandon the very teachings that Jesus Christ equipped His disciples with from before His death - the very same teachings which they were instructed by Jesus Christ to go into the world and teach then? undecided

Some are applicable because they are principles and others may not be because the new testament has not started until the death.of christ.

Heb 9:16 — Heb 9:17
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth

To understand the Christian life you must major on the epistles .
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On May 03, 2021
petra1:

Yes
Interesting! So was this before it after His, Jesus Christ, death? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On May 03, 2021
petra1:

Some are applicable because they are principles and others may not be because the new testament has not started until the death.of christ.

Heb 9:16 — Heb 9:17
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth

To understand the Christian life you must major on the epistles .
Some are applicable and some are not? How do you decide what is applicable and what is not? undecided

They are principles, in what sense? undecided

So what Jesus Christ lived and taught His disciples, even His own examples, was not the Christian life at all? Where the disciples not called Christian because they were examples of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 6:17am On May 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Some are applicable and some are not? How do you decide what is applicable and what is not? undecided

They are principles, in what sense? undecided

So what Jesus Christ lived and taught His disciples, even His own examples, was not the Christian life at all? Where the disciples not called Christian because they were examples of Jesus Christ? undecided

Remember he lived under the old testament. The new testament has not dully taken effect until his death. He has not brought the full doctrine of the new testament yet.

He couldn't communicate to them because they could not receive the new testament teaching . They were not yet born again and have not yet received the holy spirit.

Jn 16:12 — Jn 16:13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:

So talking about the new testament. It's starts from the Acts of apostles but majorly in the epistles because these were teachings received from christ through the Holy spirit about what the church should be . How they should live

Acts 2:42
And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Eph 3:4 — Eph 3:5
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 6:27am On May 03, 2021
petra1:

Remember he lived under the old testament. The new testament has not dully taken effect until his death. He has not brought the full doctrine of the new testament yet.

He couldn't communicate to them because they could not receive the new testament teaching . They were not yet born again and have not yet received the holy spirit.

Jn 16:12 — Jn 16:13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:

So talking about the new testament. It's starts from the Acts of apostles but majorly in the epistles because these were teachings received from christ through the Holy spirit about what the church should be . How they should live

Jesus Christ fulfilled the Old Covenant but He He the New Covenant. His teachings and examples shattered in many ways the Old Covenant traditions of His time, hence the reason why He was despised by the teachers of the Law. undecided

But more importantly, where did Jesus Christ tell you to ignore the Truths He revealed to you before His death? undecided

Where do you have Jesus Christ telling you that the Truth He revealed before His Death will no longer be valid Trutha after His Death? undecided

Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, so it follows that the Spirit of Truth is the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself, does it not? If we follow this, we know that Truth cannot contradict itself in anyway or form or else it is nothing but a lie. So, I state this to ask why Jesus Christ would , through the Spirit of Truth contradict in anyway or form the Truths revealed by Jesus Christ before His death? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ fulfilled the Old Covenant but He He the New Covenant. His teachings and examples shattered in many ways the Old Covenant traditions of His time, hence the reason why He was despised by the teachers of the Law. undecided

But more importantly, where did Jesus Christ tell you to ignore the Truths He revealed to you before His death? undecided

Where do you have Jesus Christ telling you that the Truth He revealed before His Death will no longer be valid Trutha after His Death? undecided

Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, so it follows that the Spirit of Truth is the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself, does it not? If we follow this, we know that Truth cannot contradict itself in anyway or form or else it is nothing but a lie. So, I state this to ask why Jesus Christ would , through the Spirit of Truth contradict in anyway or form the Truths revealed by Jesus Christ before His death? undecided

I for example his earthly ministry was primarily for the jews .He called the Gentiles DOGS. He healed a jewish woman on the ground that she is the daughter of Abraham.

He refused to heal some others because they were not jews .

Mat 15:22 — Mat 15:24
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

So if you must sticky follow Jesus early ministry. You have to be Jewish oriented. We the Gentiles are not part of the package.

But after his death . He sent the Holy spirit to us . And raised apostle Paul with a message for the Gentiles

I didn't say to ignore the teachings of Christ. But the messge for the church is in the Epistles of the Apostles.

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 12:17pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

I for example his earthly ministry was primarily for the jews .He called the Gentiles DOGS. He healed a jewish woman on the ground that she is the daughter of Abraham.

He refused to heal some others because they were not jews .

Mat 15:22 — Mat 15:24
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

So if you must sticky follow Jesus early ministry. You have to be Jewish oriented. We the Gentiles are not part of the package.

But after his death . He sent the Holy spirit to us . And raised apostle Paul with a message for the Gentiles

I didn't say to ignore the teachings of Christ. But the messge for the church is in the Epistles of the Apostles.

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Jesus Christ rightly came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel and you somehow believe that should imply that some, not alll, of His teachings should not apply to the gentiles? How do you decide which of His Pre-death teachings ought to apply to you then? undecided

The same Jesus Christ, after His death, sent ALL of His disciples into the World- obviously not just to the Jews alone - to teach the very same Gospel that He had taught to them from before His death. And it is that same Gospel that was taught to even the one you revere, Paul. So why do you reject the teachings of Jesus Christ in any way or form?

If the church speak of supposedly belongs to Jesus Christ shouldn't it then be founded directly on the teachings of Jesus Christ ?

Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 12:56pm On May 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ rightly came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel and you somehow believe that should imply that some, not alll, of His teachings should not apply to the gentiles? How do you decide which of His Pre-death teachings ought to apply to you then? undecided

The same Jesus Christ, after His death, sent ALL of His disciples into the World- obviously not just to the Jews alone - to teach the very same Gospel that He had taught to them from before His death. And it is that same Gospel that was taught to even the one you revere, Paul. So why do you reject the teachings of Jesus Christ in any way or form?

If the church speak of supposedly belongs to Jesus Christ shouldn't it then be founded directly on the teachings of Jesus Christ ?

If you so much believe in Jesus. Why not believe in his messages through the apostlesin the epistles
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 1:16pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

If you so much believe in Jesus. Why not believe in his messages through the apostlesin the epistles
Most all of Paul's letters were written to and for Jewish Christians and not to a gentile audience. Hence the reason why He spoke in many places of the Old Law, a law which those of us gentiles, were never bound to by God and so should never have been bothered or concerned with in the first place. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Word of God, is the teaching that you were meant to hear and focus on since He is the same teaching that those apostles were taught and were sent out into the world to teach. undecided

Jesus Christ also told you that the Spirit of Truth will take from what He has to give you, meaning Spirit of Truth will never in any way contradict Jesus Christ's teachings, rendering Jesus Christ a liar as a result, and since God announced through His prophets and through Jesus Christ that He will be the only Teacher as far as those who belong to Him, you never needed the epistles. You only needed the Word of God Himself and none other. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Word of Truth out of God's own mouth, never sent any of His own to preach their own doctrines and traditions in His name. Right there in His teachings, He tells you this. undecided

So teachings about the touching of women, kissing and hugging, are not of Him but of men. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 4:48pm On May 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Most all of Paul's letters were written to and for Jewish Christians and not to a gentile audience. Hence the reason why He spoke in many places of the Old Law, a law which those of us gentiles, were never bound to by God and so should never have been bothered or concerned with in the first place. undecided

Ther were Gentiles not jews .
I can prove it to you if you want to see scriptures

So teachings about the touching of women, kissing and hugging, are not of Him but of men. undecided

It's Part of Christian moral teaching .
Paul was also questions on sex and marriages and other issues. He taught God's counsel on them
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

Ther were Gentiles not jews .
I can prove it to you if you want to see scriptures

It's Part of Christian moral teaching .
Paul was also questions on sex and marriages and other issues. He taught God's counsel on them
So which of Paul's letters is addressed only for gentiles? undecided

There is no such thing as "Christian" moral teaching... Jesus Christ warned His disciples against such nonsense when He declared that He alone is Teacher over them all. Since,He ,the Teacher, never gave us any such moral teachings, no man was given such authority to cobble up such commandments of men , in His name. undecided

Paul's supposed teachings on sex are not found as part of the teachings of Jesus Christ as so they are only of God but of Paul. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 5:11pm On May 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So which of Paul's letters is addressed only for gentiles? undecided

There is no such thing as "Christian" moral teaching... Jesus Christ warned His disciples against such nonsense when He declared that He alone is Teacher over them all. Since,He ,the Teacher, never gave us any such moral teachings, no man was given such authority to cobble up such commandments of men , in His name. undecided

Paul's supposed teachings on sex are not found as part of the teachings of Jesus Christ as so they are only of God but of Paul. undecided

So teaching against fornication is not of God
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

So teaching against fornication is not of God
First of all,did Jesus Christ send anyone out to teach against fornication or to instead Teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God? undecided

Second, did Jesus Christ declare anywhere in His teachings that fornication is a sin? undecided

Third. which of Paul's letters did you suggest is directed at a gentile audience? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Second, did Jesus Christ declare anywhere in His teachings that fornication is a sin? undecided

Matthew 19:9
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

You didmt answer my question
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

Matthew 19:9
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

You didmt answer my question
That word "fornication" in mentioned in that verse alright but carefully assess the meaning of the statements and let me know if there Jesus Christ in fact says fornication is the sin? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris : Is Kissing And Hugging Allowed In Relationships by petra1(m): 6:47am On Jan 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That word "fornication" in mentioned in that verse alright but carefully assess the meaning of the statements and let me know if there Jesus Christ in fact says fornication is the sin? undecided

What is the sin

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness And Their 1914 False Prophecy / New Year Wishes And Greetings! / Christians. . .stop Eating Pork. . .!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.