Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,809 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigeria Teen Gets 19 Abroad Scholarship Offers With Straight As. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Teen Gets 19 Abroad Scholarship Offers With Straight As. (341 Views)

Victory Yinka-Banjo Gets 19 Scholarship Offers Worth $5m From US And Canada / Rotimi Kukoyi Gets Accepted Into 15 Schools, Receives $2m In Scholarship Offers / Victory Yinka-Banjo Gets 19 Scholarship Offers Worth $5m From US And Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Teen Gets 19 Abroad Scholarship Offers With Straight As. by Zetra7: 5:46am On May 01, 2021
Last week I wrote about what combined effort of Igbos and yourbas can bring to the table, I wrote about thinking ahead as a nation and consider if it's best to have 2 separate nations who can compete for excellence..
Precisely, I wrote about Republic of Southern Nigeria and Islmaic state of Northern Nigeria.
Unfortunately , my topic was removed by mods despite an educational argument going on.(Thought a platform like this will advance intelligence arguments not tribal Ewars)

Anyway before it was removed, the Main burner was if yourbas can work with igbosand I maintained that this E-war is not taken seriously by learned Igbos and yourbas who understand the strengthnand weakness of each other and know each can benefit heavily with combined effort. I mentioned entertainment, business, academics , sports and even marriages where the combined effort of both tribes have brought success.

Today I bring a story of a teen product of Yourba and Igbo blood. I hope it helps to cease extreme views.

Nigerian teen gets 19 scholarship offers worth more than $5 million from the US and Canada
By Nimi Princewill, CNN

Updated 1217 GMT (2017 HKT) April 30, 2021
inside africa stem cafe nigeria spc intl_00002309

These small innovators are building Nigeria's future with big ideas 01:29
(CNN)One Nigerian teenager must feel like she has the world at her feet after receiving 19 full-ride scholarship offers from universities across the United States and Canada.

Victory Yinka-Banjo, a 17-year-old high school graduate, was offered more than $5 million dollars' worth of scholarship money for an undergraduate program of study, according to admission documents and estimates of financial aid awards.
"It still feels pretty unbelievable. I applied to so many schools because I didn't even think any school would accept me," Victory told CNN, relishing her academic prowess.
Born to Nigerian parents, Chika Yinka-Banjo, a senior lecturer at the University of Lagos, and Adeyinka Banjo, a private sector procurement and supply chain executive, Victory was given potential full scholarships from the Ivy League schools, Yale College, Princeton University, Harvard College, and Brown University.

The teenager told CNN that her multiple scholarship offers "have made me stand taller, smile wider, and pat myself on the back more often."
The teenager told CNN that her multiple scholarship offers "have made me stand taller, smile wider, and pat myself on the back more often."
Other US scholarship offers included those from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University and the University of Virginia.

In Canada, Victory was offered the Lester B. Pearson scholarship from the University of Toronto and the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow (KMILOT) scholarship from the University of British Columbia.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/africa/nigerian-teen-19-scholarships-intl/index.html
Re: Nigeria Teen Gets 19 Abroad Scholarship Offers With Straight As. by renegades(m): 5:46am On May 01, 2021
Nice
Re: Nigeria Teen Gets 19 Abroad Scholarship Offers With Straight As. by chatinent: 6:20am On May 01, 2021
Right Things Amaka.
Re: Nigeria Teen Gets 19 Abroad Scholarship Offers With Straight As. by oloyedewaris(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2021
Good for them

(1) (Reply)

Facts About University Of Birmingham / 5th Week Assignment 2021 For Class 6, 7, 8, 9 / Best Digital Marketing Company In Kerala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.