Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,280 members, 7,957,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South (1645 Views)

Nigerians Will Suffer If ...... / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo / Tinubu Must Beg Saraki Else His Ministerial Nominees Will Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by kieskies(m): 12:09am On Apr 24, 2011
my people after much reasoning on the violence in the north. if the north breaks away from the south, the south will also suffer too. just go to the market now to buy tomotoes, pepper, carrot etc, most of them are in shortage, the little ones that are availble are very expensive even cows and other livestocks just think about it ande see. am not from the north ooo. i am from the niger delta, so please this hate messages on nairaland has to stop, we are all nigerians and we will remain so
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by liquid7: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2011
all will suffer because the south will then fight itself because the niger delta will not want to share oil revenues with the igbos and yorubas.
once division starts it will never end.
also from niger delta region.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by Mobsync(m): 12:13am On Apr 24, 2011
Y do u tink they havent broken up~cos dey'll suffer. No oil,no seaport,smaller market 4 their foodstuffs(xcept we dat buy it). If they had d oil,dey would hv brokem up long ago.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by kieskies(m): 12:16am On Apr 24, 2011
What am saying is we are so into our selfs, That breaking up may not be as easy as u think
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by liquid7: 12:37am On Apr 24, 2011
kies kies:

What am saying is we are so into our selfs, That breaking up may not be as easy as u think

he knows what he is saying because anyone who has comes from niger delta will probably have heard some group or other mumbling about break up and they always say either a break up to niger delta or even break up to tribal level.

once you start this break up of nigeria rest assured there is NO way the niger delta will stay because they will see an chance to get rid of ALL non oil producing tribes from the picture.This will be yugoslavia all over again when 1 state breaks away then others follow.

Those who think it will be a simple 2 way split are just joking.Thinkabout it this way why on earth would niger delta want to share the oil money with igbos or yorubas?
The only thing that will hold those niger delta tribes together is because they all share the oil lads and will want to keep it as a strong oil power rather then very small unsecure countries .They don't need igbos or yorubas for that

split nigeria and be prepared for at least a 4 way split no less.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by kieskies(m): 12:54am On Apr 24, 2011
Yes ooo I remember a few years ago when there was serious fighting between the ijaws and the itkeris it was very bloody, So I think we should remain united and practice through federalism where the state govt gets the derivation from the income of the state and pay like a 40% tax to the federal there by making the federal unattractive to greedy politicians
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by Nadanbata: 1:25am On Apr 24, 2011
Let us split. Who cares? Arewa will remain one anyway cant say the same for the south, The only thing i know is it wont happen till the corrupted leaders are gone.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by bkbabe97y(m): 1:49am On Apr 24, 2011
In all sincerity, the Ibos will suffer untold hardship. Landlocked, high illiteracy levels, they embrace criminality and never frown upon injustice; it'll be the Devil's lair.

Then they got to fight with the Ijaws, because as we all know, the Ibos really want the Ijaw's Oil Fields and them Ijaw boys is now packing some serious fire-power. Boy oh boy, I cant wait to see all of this unfold. . . . . . .
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 24, 2011
kies kies:

Yes ooo I remember a few years ago when there was serious fighting between the ijaws and the itkeris it was very bloody, So I think we should remain united and practice through federalism where the state govt gets the derivation from the income of the state and pay like a 40% tax to the federal there by making the federal unattractive to greedy politicians

can we reason along this path?
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by Obiagu1(m): 4:19am On Apr 24, 2011
bk.babe97y:

In all sincerity, the Ibos will suffer untold hardship. Landlocked, high illiteracy levels, they embrace criminality and never frown upon injustice; it'll be the Devil's lair.

Then they got to fight with the Ijaws, because as we all know, the Ibos really want the Ijaw's Oil Fields and them Ijaw boys is now packing some serious fire-power. Boy oh boy, I cant wait to see all of this unfold. . . . . . .

That's what we want. Now can you campaign for our independence? We want to suffer.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by bkbabe97y(m): 4:20am On Apr 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

That's what we want. Now can you campaign for our independence? We want to suffer.

As usual, the Ibo man thinks he sleek!

I see u avoided talking about the second sentence!

Fooools!
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by olawalebabs(m): 11:17am On Apr 24, 2011
Everybody will suffer equally, it is then we all know that the yoruba are not what they claim to be, age egbas will not want the ibadan to lord over them, neither will the ijebus will want to be under the ekitis, the hausas on the other hand will have their hand full with the issue of "hausa bokoi" and the "banza bokoi". The igbos too will have theirs as the Abia, Anambra igbo who never believe the Ebonyi igbo will never allow them. So you see there problem will still continue to be. We just have to understand our difference and make to live with it. Success Nigeria.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by Arosa(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2011
When I said we should split, deep down in my heart i don't want that. I love Naija die. I Love Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Edo. etc. We are better off together, the solutions to our problems is at hand. na vex I only de vex. we will never Break. amen.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by olawalebabs(m): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2011
Amen
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by sirjec(m): 12:42pm On Apr 24, 2011
woe to the Israelite that go to Egypt for help.

We think we cannot survive without each other. Don't worry. We are not harnessing our talents to the full. I we break, everybody will fight for survival. Both the north and the south will see new ideas that will develop them. Though initially there may be suffering, but I bet you, It will only last for a few weeks.

Imagine Ibos and technology, Yoruba's with commerce, Housa with agriculture, South south with oil. Everybody will develop and survive well.

Our being together is making us lazy as we only rely on oil, no new initiatives. Malaysia took palm fruits from us, today, they are using it as their major income. Nobody thinks along this line except oil.

We need to break, suffer if possible, and then identify the gift of God to us than relying on oil which will finish one day. May be then, technology and the other gifts we have but don't put at work would have been taken from us and given to those that will use it. Very soon we will start importing palm oil from Malaysia.

We need to go and harness our talents.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by 13volts(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2011
The north will suffer most but then if we can tolerate our Christian minorities and then harnessed the untapped solid minerals in the region then I believe we are good to go.
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by seanet02: 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
YORUBA will never associate themselves with kidnappers, criminals, importers of fake Paracetamols and human eaters. Ibos will go with their kidnapping republic while we hold the Largest second Economy after South Africa!!
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by chidyke77(m): 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2011
bk.babe97y:

a fool like you
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by kasiem(m): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2011
I can see that this yorubas are in desperate need of attention, chei! I'm sorryoooooo
Re: Who Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks In North And South by EzeUche3(m): 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2011
The Igbos will do just find. We had a nation once, and we can do it again. The only people in Nigeria who had a nation of our own after colonialism. The other groups cannot say that they had a functioning nation. It is as simple as that.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Aminu Waziri Tambuwal Emerges House Of Rep Speaker / Bayelsa Gives Shell Ultimatum On N4bn Tax / Jonathan Orders Arrest Of Femi Falana, Tunde Bakare, Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.