Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? (10406 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / How I Embraced Sexual Purity - My Personal Journey / How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Maclink288: 5:39am On May 02, 2021
In a world where the sin of the flesh is so common, how does one attain sexual purity and what are the scriptural passages one could reflect on?
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:49am On May 02, 2021
OP, the answer to your question is not far-fetched.

I refer you to the part of the Christian Bible in which Jesus gave out same advice to his followers.
OP, any part of you that will hinder you from attaining eternal redemption, Bible si anyi to simply Cut it OFF.
So OP, ajuju has answered itself.

13 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by BassReeves: 6:17am On May 02, 2021
Maclink288:
In a world where the sin of the flesh is so common, how does one attain sexual purity
Love, loyalty/faithfulness, dignity, integrity, kindness, morals, a good heart and a good character, are what makes a man/woman and also enable him/her attain sexual purity.

Maclink288:
and what are the scriptural passages one could reflect on?
1 Thessalonians 4:3-9
'3For it is God’s will that you should be holy:
You must abstain from sexual immorality;
4each of you must know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,
5not in lustful passion like the Gentiles who do not know God;
6and no one should ever violate or exploit his brother in this regard,
because the Lord will avenge all such acts, as we have already told you and solemnly warned you.
7For God has not called us to impurity, but to holiness.
8Anyone, then, who rejects this command does not reject man but God, the very One who gives you His Holy Spirit.
9Now about brotherly love, you do not need anyone to write to you, because you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.
'

Sexual purity, is to have sexual relations with someone you love and who loves you back. Sexual immorality, is having sex with who is not your marriage partner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by chiommy123(f): 6:30am On May 02, 2021
By surrounding yourself with the things of the spirit. Listening to gospel musics, teachings, studying the word of God.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by jesusjnr1: 6:55am On May 02, 2021
First of all you have to desire to be sexually pure, next start making efforts to become what you desire, and also ask God to help you become what you desire to be, and you shall become what you desire with God's help.

Matthew 5:6 (KJV)

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

God bless.

11 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by incogni2o: 8:19am On May 02, 2021
If you are a Youth, You have to get closer to God and know him more.

Read the word of God, attend midweek services, do your quiet time, meditate on Gods word all times, Pray in the spirit always.

Sexual temptation(Testosterone) is a strong one and you need an equal or greater force to overcome it.

But If you are old enough.

Start plans to get married.

It is not good for a Man to be alone

It is better to get married than to burn

Dont let any "BRO" deceive you

10 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by ictjobber: 8:23am On May 02, 2021
Lol....

Watch as Christains wey dey lash atleast once every month go come here dey give this guy advice..

Bleeping Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Maclink288: 9:35am On May 02, 2021
BassReeves:
Love, loyalty/faithfulness, dignity, integrity, kindness, morals, a good heart and a good character, are what makes a man/woman and also enable him/her attain sexual purity.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-9
'3For it is God’s will that you should be holy:
You must abstain from sexual immorality;
4each of you must know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,
5not in lustful passion like the Gentiles who do not know God;
6and no one should ever violate or exploit his brother in this regard,
because the Lord will avenge all such acts, as we have already told you and solemnly warned you.
7For God has not called us to impurity, but to holiness.
8Anyone, then, who rejects this command does not reject man but God, the very One who gives you His Holy Spirit.
9Now about brotherly love, you do not need anyone to write to you, because you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.
'

Sexual purity, is to have sexual relations with someone you love and who loves you back. Sexual immorality, is having sex with who is not your marriage partner
Thank you so much
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by BassReeves: 9:39am On May 02, 2021
Maclink288:
Thank you so much
You're welcome. If you need more clarity or have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by blinking001(m): 9:39am On May 02, 2021
By drinking plenty of water and minding your business.

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Grace001: 9:40am On May 02, 2021
Sexual purity is not about whether or not you have sex, don’t limit it to physical sex

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by mrnairaland1(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2021
Here’s a strategy: F.L.E.E.

It’s biblical, it’s hard to forget, and it fits on a napkin.

1. First, fill yourself with Christ.

Fill your life with His word and His people: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another” (Colossians 3:16).

2. Second, lock out the lies.

When and where are you hearing seductive speech? How can you get away? Whatever the cost—your smartphone, home internet, a relationship—if it helps you see God, it’s a net gain. After all, “it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire” (Matthew 18:9).

3. Third, exchange lies for truth.

Are you embracing lies, or exchanging them for the truth? Are you glorifying the body, or are you glorifying God with your body? When seductive speech calls out, remember, “all her slain are a mighty throng” (Proverbs 7:26).

4. Finally, expose yourself to the light.

So, are you hiding? Confess your sins to God. He forgives! But don’t stop there. “Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another” (James 5:16). That’s what Christian friends are for.

It is good news that we are not condemned in Christ, and it is good news that we are no longer slaves to sin. My friends, flee from sexual immorality.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by jibrilELsudan: 9:42am On May 02, 2021
By hanging her on the church gate and fvcking her salvation style then shoot your hot cum in her mouth.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by ChiefAfonja: 9:43am On May 02, 2021
Muslims will never attain sexual purity.

You know why?? A lot of them are pedophiles. They marry a 10 years old girl and brutalize her kpekus at that tender age without pity.

This is enshrined in their doctrines as normal.

Common undecided

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by RuddyFusion(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2021
chiommy123:
By surrounding yourself with the things of the spirit. Listening to gospel musics, teachings, studying the word of God.

You can still do these and fall short without the help of the HOLYSPIRIT.

I think one needs to be truly born again and be lead by the spirit and then actively followship in the house of God

With this , one will be ok
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by BruncleZuma: 9:46am On May 02, 2021
Cut off your decoder, puncture your eardrums and pluck out your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Kingdavid579(m): 9:46am On May 02, 2021
God give me grace

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by 99thEnemy(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2021
ictjobber:
Lol....

Watch as Christains wey dey lash atleast once every month go come here dey give this guy advice..

Bleeping Hypocrites
was reading OP's post and thinking of when I will catch cynthia.
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Romanoff(f): 9:53am On May 02, 2021
Give your self to the study of God's word and remember Phil 4:8.

Thy word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against thee. Palms 119 vs 11.

5 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Raptor2cool: 9:55am On May 02, 2021
What you seek for is no ordinary knowledge, it something great that we men underestimate and never acknowledge.
Believe me bible alone won't help you to achieve this power, you need serious discipline exercises to achieve this great will power.
Ever hard the word " A man who can control his sexual urge has solved %50 of life issue"
That all i have to say.
Don't take advice from here alone, research more on this.
Happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by jaeyking(m): 9:58am On May 02, 2021
Flee from any temptation that would lead to sexual immorality.
Ask God for the great Comforter to come into your life @Holy Spirit to serve as a guidance to you.

in this modern age sexual immorality is very high.
it takes a strong perseverance and will to overcome it.
even great men in the Bible fell for it.

But we should also look at man like Joseph that overcame it.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 02, 2021
Ask the holy spirit to help you. Look for and keep only like-minded friends. Make a covenant with God to stay holy. Look for stories of those who have done it and encourage yourself with it. Consistently pray, read the bible and listen to kingdom messages.

This is why you must keep running away from sexual immorality. For every other sin a person commits is external to the body, but immorality involves sinning against your own body.1 Cor 6:18

Your body is a serious resource in the realm of the spirit. Treasure it!
Maclink288:
In a world where the sin of the flesh is so common, how does one attain sexual purity and what are the scriptural passages one could reflect on?

1 Like

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by femi4: 10:02am On May 02, 2021
Maclink288:
Gal 5:25

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

(1 Corinthians 9:27). As a child of God, one thing you have to consciously do is to put your body in subjection to the Word.
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Zinpat: 10:04am On May 02, 2021
In addition 2 above good advises, take d decision n stand by it no matter d pressure or mockery from friends. U can do it!

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Oracleforce: 10:05am On May 02, 2021
Maclink288:
In a world where the sin of the flesh is so common, how does one attain sexual purity, and what are the scriptural passages one could reflect on?

Op we are born in sins and iniquity however, purity comes not by your efforts or ability but by going through the process ....unto perfection.

As a Christian, this is a qualification to the eternal home so, from where you are���
have to determine within yourself how you will live your life in purity and follow the process till perfection...

If you are determined, find the process and align your life with it. Gradually you will get there...
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by femi4: 10:07am On May 02, 2021
RuddyFusion:

You can still do these and fall short without the help of the HOLYSPIRIT.

I think one needs to be truly born again and be lead by the spirit and then actively followship in the house of God

With this , one will be ok
Stop contradicting yourself. You cannot do all that if you are not inspired by the holy spirit

Gal 5:16

“I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh”

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Zinpat: 10:08am On May 02, 2021
Kingdavid579:
God give me grace

Amen!
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Sirmuel1(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2021
1 John 2:15. Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 6:18 - Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Matthew 5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 - For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1 Corinthians 7:2 - Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

The truth is, only God can help us. Sex is everywhere now

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by VampireeM(f): 11:20am On May 02, 2021
I believe the first step is making up your mind and taking that firm decision on Sexual Purity no matter what(Though its not easy). Also pray for the grace and the Holy spirit to guide you.

Shun immorality and all sexual looseness [flee from impurity in thought, word, or deed]. Any other sin which a man commits is one outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own,
1 Corinthians 6:18‭-‬19 AMPC
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by OkCornel(m): 11:24am On May 02, 2021
James 1 v 13-15 holds the key here;

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Actions like this starts with a thought. We are tempted because our mind holds captive certain lustful thoughts and we act out on these.

Purify your mind, replace those thoughts with something positive, passionate and fulfilling. Focus on these positive things consistently (for example, how to use your God given talents to solve people’s problems), you would barely have time to even execute those lustful thoughts.

Deal with the thoughts in the mind, your actions will align, and eventually sexual purity is achieved.

God help us all...
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by sesaan(m): 11:25am On May 02, 2021
grin angry well that's simple, have alot of sex until you get bored of it and no longer hunger for it

Everything you quote Bible, many of you acclaimed Christians don't even know the history of the Bible you believe in..
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by tayelawal43: 11:32am On May 02, 2021
Are u talking about physical purity or spiritual purity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAN Asks President Buhari To Ban Miyetti Allah / Hailing God In Yoruba Language. / How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.