Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? (10634 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / How I Embraced Sexual Purity - My Personal Journey / How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by ChiefAfonja: 2:43am On May 03, 2021
MarieSucre:

This comment is disgusting. Are there no mods to curate comments on here?

When the truth hits your chest na so e dey always pain.

Yellowba muslamb
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by MarieSucre(f): 4:14pm On May 03, 2021
ChiefAfonja:

When the truth hits your chest na so e dey always pain.

Yellowba muslamb

I'm not a muslim and you're still a disgusting fellow.
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by zynzyn(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Starving your body will stop you sinning? How? undecided

I didn't say starving. I said F A S T I N G.

Apparently, you don't know the difference, but I do!

I have done both, so I know!!
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On May 05, 2021
zynzyn:

I didn't say starving. I said F A S T I N G.
Apparently, you don't know the difference, but I do!
I have done both, so I know!!
And by Fasting, do you not imply the practice of skipping meals .i.e. starving of one's body, believing that by doing so, you somehow please God? undecided
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by zynzyn(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
By Fasting, do you not imply the practice of skipping meals .i.e. starving of one's body, believing that by doing so, you somehow please God? undecided

I will make JUST ONE ATTEMPT to educate you, based on the hope you don't already have a fixed opinion you want to justify!

If I decide not to eat until evening because I am busy and food is not a top priority, that is starving myself. It happens that way sometimes for employees in high pressure jobs!

More applicably, if I decide not to eat because money no much for my hand, that is STARVING MYSELF!

BUT if I DECIDE, not that I am compelled by any circumstance or individual, but because I want God to take me seriously on something I am seeking from him, that is not starving myself. Note that even wealthy believers in God who can afford whatever they like to eat do this. Such people CANNOT be said to be STARVING THEMSELVES.

The real issue is the individual's belief system about these matters!
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On May 05, 2021
zynzyn:

BUT if I DECIDE, not that I am compelled by any circumstance or individual, but because I want God to take me seriously on something I am seeking from him, that is not starving myself. Note that even wealthy believers in God who can afford whatever they like to eat do this. Such people CANNOT be said to be STARVING THEMSELVES.

The real issue is the individual's belief system about these matters!
1. I am afraid you are the one refusing to grasp the reality of things her. undecided

2. When you fast in the way you describe above, you are compelled by your assumed need to have God take your seriously, to starve yourself of food. undecided

3. The starving of oneself has nothing to do with wealth or status... even those who are unbelievers starve themselves .... they call it dieting. It is no different from what you do except you call yours "fasting".

4. When I mentioned an assumed need to have God take you seriously, I meant that since God never in fact said anywhere in the Bible books, or any other scripture, that He would take you seriously if you starved your bodies of food. undecided
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by zynzyn(m): 7:42pm On May 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:

4. When I mentioned an assumed need to have God take you seriously, I meant that since God never in fact said anywhere in the Bible books, or any other scripture, that He would take you seriously if you starved your bodies of food. undecided

I may end it here, but 2 things I can establish

1 You looooove food!! KPA!! grin. How would you call dieting STARVING??

2. You don't know the Bible much!!

3. If 2 is not the case, you have somehow concluded that Jesus is not God!!

Remember that Jesus fasted for 40 Days in the wilderness. Why did he do that? To STARVE HIMSELF? If there was no benefit to his fasting why did he reject Satan's challenge to turn stones to bread!!

Remember that Jesus also told his apostles that THEY WILL HAVE TO FAST when he is taken from them!
Re: How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On May 05, 2021
zynzyn:

I may end it here, but 2 things I can establish
1 You looooove food!! KPA!! grin. How would you call dieting STARVING??
2. You don't know the Bible much!!
3. If 2 is not the case, you have somehow concluded that Jesus is not God!!

Remember that Jesus fasted for 40 Days in the wilderness. Why did he do that? To STARVE HIMSELF? If there was no benefit to his fasting why did he reject Satan's challenge to turn stones to bread!!

Remember that Jesus also told his apostles that THEY WILL HAVE TO FAST when he is taken from them!
1. Jesus Christ, like Moses before Him, did not go into the wilderness with the intention of fasting for 40 days and 40 nights. No, instead both men where led by God Himself into the wilderness, where they spent time communing with God, fasting as a result. Fasting was never the intention in both cases, but a result of their being out there with God for as long as they were with Him. undecided

Another way to put it is that Jesus Christ was not out there trying to get God to take Him seriously. So the fasting that took place is not the same kind of fasting that men engage in. God, who was already serious about Jesus Christ, took Jesus Christ out to the wilderness by His own hand. undecided

2. If you think I don't know the Bible much, then show me by providing biblical references to show that what I am saying is not biblical. undecided

3. Jesus Christ's rejection of Satan's challenge to turn stone to bread is a whole other topic. undecided

4. Jesus Christ told His disciples to "fast" but the same Jesus Christ never said that the fasting He prescribed was the dieting kind... see Isaiah 58 for the kind of fasting that God prescribes and declares He will take seriously. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie / End Time Prophecy 666 And Antichrist Revealed In The English / The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.