Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Let's talk about the Moon. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's talk about the Moon. (3555 Views)

Asteroid Hits The Moon , Possible Cause Of Random Weather Change / Meet The Only Man In The World Who Owns A Plot On The Moon (Photos) / X-ray Pictures Of The Sun, The Moon, The Sky And Milky Way Galaxy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Spy360(m): 3:11pm On May 03, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
I know one can also calculate in terms of volume but I find calculating in terms of diameter more straightforward since both of them have a shape that roughly resembles that of a sphere
It's OK but diameter is not size.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by RingRoadMafia: 3:38pm On May 03, 2021
atheistandproud:
@sourcerer

I prefer the capture theory. The moon may have been a dwarf planet captured by our gravity as it was passing by. The moon may have also been made by Aliens, or at least Zechariah Sitchin implied that the Anunaki may have put it there as an observation post.

If you have noticed, the moon only shows us one side of it's face? Why does it do that? What's on the far side of the moon?

Bros no vex o, how exactly did the Anunaki make a dwarf planet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by atheistandproud(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

Bros no vex o, how exactly did the Anunaki make a dwarf planet?

They didn't make it. It was "captured" and put into orbit
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by RingRoadMafia: 3:41pm On May 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

How was it captured?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by atheistandproud(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

How was it captured?

jjjjjjgggghhh
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by RingRoadMafia: 3:45pm On May 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

I dunno, it wasn't specified in the book.

So you prefer a theory that can't be substantiated? A theory which neither you nor the author of the book which you speak of know absolutely nothing about.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by atheistandproud(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

So you prefer a theory that can't be substantiated? A theory which neither you nor the author of the book which you speak of know absolutely nothing about.

If you don't understand how science works then I'm sorry that I cannot engage you. There are many theories and patents which we do not have the scientific tools to confirm/disprove yet.

I'm very sure if you lived during the time of Copernicus and Galileo, you would have said the same thing. Good day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 3:47pm On May 03, 2021
unanonso:

Believe it!
belive what? smiley
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 3:49pm On May 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

dude free that ideology I've been there . #hugs
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 3:50pm On May 03, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

you drink buddy? Beers on me , cheers!
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by atheistandproud(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2021
jjjjjkkkklll
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by atheistandproud(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2021
Na me carry myself come una thread.

I'm off.

Never expect to see me here.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 3:54pm On May 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

Na wa.

If NASA wants to attempt to capture an asteroid, what's the probability that a more advanced civilization cannot capture a dwarf planet?

I'm not saying it is truth. The possibilities are endless, if one actually chooses to consider them.
I respect that fully
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by budaatum: 4:07pm On May 03, 2021
TheSourcerer:
what if there is no utimate truth . Everything is random ,We are random .

That's like a plate of rice with dodo and assorted meat and vegetables and a chilled bottle of odeku randomly appearing on the table before one.

How can everything be random if it depends on what led to it?

Do note that scientists never claim to know how it all began. The fact is however that a bang that is big can not just randomly happen since something has to exist to go bang. And before you assume I'm saying God said, "let there be a big bang", even God would have had to evolve from something and evolve something big to make go bang.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by budaatum: 4:11pm On May 03, 2021
Spy360:

The only theory that satisfies every is that God created the universe and chose to keep life here on earth alone for His special purpose.
'The only theory that satisfies you', you mean.

Not everyone is so easily satisfied or too lazy as to not go about knocking and asking and seeking in order to learn more especially since Christ taught you to do science as in use your senses to ask and knock and seek.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by budaatum: 4:13pm On May 03, 2021
TheSourcerer:
I believe debris and dirt of the atmosphere/Clouds gives off the red colouring of the moon

You bloody believer! angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by RingRoadMafia: 4:19pm On May 03, 2021
atheistandproud:

If you don't understand how science works then I'm sorry that I cannot engage you. There are many theories and patents which we do not have the scientific tools to confirm/disprove yet.

I'm very sure if you lived during the time of Copernicus and Galileo, you would have said the same thing. Good day.

Okay, so you're saying that since Unicorns are in theory; a "thing" , then people are free to believe them?? There's proof of how the moon was formed, bro. Real proof backed with evidence of it's happenstance in other parts of the galaxy and you're here believing in alien theories that suits your fantasy. You my friend, are the one who doesn't understand how science works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by RingRoadMafia: 4:21pm On May 03, 2021
TheSourcerer:
you drink buddy? Beers on me , cheers!

Yes sir! I, infact, am a red wine connoisseur grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Vulcanheph(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
Spy360:

The sun is over 10,000 times the size of the moon.
Ok , the sun is 10,000 times bigger than the moon but an observer from Earth basically sees then as the same size due to the distance of the moon from the earth, the positioning is so accurate that it feels like more than just a coincidence.... Such phenomenon doesn't appear in any other planet in our solar system.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Vulcanheph(m): 5:36pm On May 03, 2021
Spy360:

The moon was empty and boring. Mars too is empty and now becoming boring. We need to get to Jupiter.
That's probably what they want you to believe, do you honestly think that if NASA or any other space agency makes any remarkable discovery that they will share it with the public?
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Vulcanheph(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2021
TheSourcerer:
I really doubt life exists outside the milky way , at least we are sure nothing is in the Solar System , we are one spontaneous freak accident , Maybe.
I am willing to believe that there's a possibility that no life exists on our solar system apart from Earth but what I'll never believe is that the can't be any form of life outside our solar system.... It's basically impossible, even NASA has not denied nor accepted that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 8:49pm On May 03, 2021
budaatum:

You bloody believer! angry angry
I'm glad you belive too
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 8:50pm On May 03, 2021
budaatum:

That's like a plate of rice with dodo and assorted meat and vegetables and a chilled bottle of odeku randomly appearing on the table before one.

How can everything be random if it depends on what led to it?

Do note that scientists never claim to know how it all began. The fact is however that a bang that is big can not just randomly happen since something has to exist to go bang. And before you assume I'm saying God said, "let there be a big bang", even God would have had to evolve from something and evolve something big to make go bang.
bangs happen every time
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 03, 2021
Spy360:

If it does not satisfy you then what?

Hmm
It's obvious no God cares about my family.
Case closed
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 03, 2021
TheSourcerer:
bangs happen every time

The universe began when something changed.
In other words, the universe was something else before.
But there's no "before or after" in the absence of an observer.
Time shows that a limited observer gets exposed to limited objects.

Anyway, there's no limit to the limited objects that exist.
A limited object is either a collection of ageless indivisible objects or an ageless indivisible object with a specific form.
The form of an ageless indivisible object never changes.
But the form of a collection of ageless indivisible objects changes as these objects induce whatever pattern while moving randomly or anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by unanonso(m): 7:22am On May 04, 2021
TheSourcerer:
belive what? smiley

The Scripture
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 7:55am On May 04, 2021
unanonso:

The Scripture
I do not belive in the Scriptures smiley I believe the bible or Quran,? So no
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by etech9ja: 9:37am On May 04, 2021
I enjoy such threads nice one Op.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Spy360(m): 10:34am On May 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Hmm
It's obvious no God cares about my family.
Case closed
I am sorry about whatever it is with your family, but are just being bitter. That makes your opinion less rational.

That said, whether God cares or not is a different issue. My point is, only the existence of an intelligent creator can explain the origin of the universe.

I don't swallow all what religion says but I take the logical points or beliefs and mix them with science.

Religion- hypothesis
Science- proofs
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Spy360(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2021
Vulcanheph:

I am willing to believe that there's a possibility that no life exists on our solar system apart from Earth but what I'll never believe is that the can't be any form of life outside our solar system.... It's basically impossible, even NASA has not denied nor accepted that fact.
Don't call it impossible, when you can't prove it. There were over 100million sperm cells released by your father, but only one (you) fertilised your mother's egg. If religion have told you this (how special you are), you wouldn't have believed.

Rejoice in the fact that we are special in the entire universe. No life, except here.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Nobody: 11:33am On May 04, 2021
Spy360:

I am sorry about whatever it is with your family, but are just being bitter. That makes your opinion less rational.

That said, whether God cares or not is a different issue. My point is, only the existence of an intelligent creator can explain the origin of the universe.

I don't swallow all what religion says but I take the logical points or beliefs and mix them with science.

Religion- hypothesis
Science- proofs

There's nothing rational about your post.

How did my post show bitterness

You shouldn't mix up religion with science and philosophy.

There's nothing amazing about the universe.
Life is absurd.

You are just another collection of ageless indivisible objects.

Note: what you think can't change what I think here
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Spy360(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

There's nothing rational about your post.

How did my post show bitterness

You shouldn't mix up religion with science and philosophy.

There's nothing amazing about the universe.
Life is absurd.

You are just another collection of ageless indivisible objects.

Note: what you think can't change what I think here
How is it that you post something you cannot prove and claim mine is irrational?
grin

You're embittered because God did care about your family. How can you say so if you feel he does not exist?

Secondly you say there's nothing amazing about the universe. You must be a really hates bored fellow. The universe is AMAZING!

Life is absurd if you can't find meaning and purpose to yours. My life is beaming with meaningful purpose.

Finally, that trash about ageless indivisible bla bla bla... keep those to yourself.

The problem with your lot is self induced confusion. By the way I am not trying to impress or convince you. I am only expressing myself and thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2baba And Blackface Reunite In Old Students' Meeting In Benue State (Photos) / The University Of Benin Is The Best University In Nigeria. It Has A Serene Environment That Is Suita / Is There Niit Study Centre In Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.