Stats: 3,195,255 members, 7,957,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Let's talk about the Moon. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's talk about the Moon. (3731 Views)

Uni Never Show Una Shege": Secondary School Girls Over The Moon After Last Exam / Asteroid Hits The Moon , Possible Cause Of Random Weather Change / Meet The Only Man In The World Who Owns A Plot On The Moon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Divboy(m): 11:56pm On May 04, 2021
TheSourcerer:
I believe debris and dirt of the atmosphere/Clouds gives off the red colouring of the moon
maybe but is it a bad omen
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by IMAliyu(m): 9:50am On May 05, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Here's two facts about the moon that I find most intriguing.

1. The moon is positioned in such a way that an observer from Earth will see it as the same size as the sun despite the fact that the sun is 400 times bigger than the moon, the accuracy of the positioning is so accurate that it is believed to have been more than just a coincidence.
Not necessarily, there is a slight difference between the size of the moon and sun in the sky, but yes for the most part it does appear the same size to us.

2. The size of the Earth's moon in relationship to the planet it revolves around is the biggest when compared to the moons of the planets in the solar system.
(If you don't understand this, I'm sorry but I don't know any better way to explain it)
The distance is large enough, that you could hypothetically fit all the other planets in the solar system in space between the earth and moon.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by IMAliyu(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2021
Vulcanheph:
There is one I just have one question about the moon that keep on raking my brain.

How come since American astronauts Neil armstrong and buzz Aldrin went to the moon in 1969 there has not been any other mission to the moon since then and neither has there been any known attempt to explore more of the moon, instead there are preparing for missions to Mars.

Actually, The last manned moon mission was Apollo 17, 1972.
And the Chinese are still sending drones there, so it's not exactly correct to say there has not been any other missions there.

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by unanonso(m): 1:59pm On May 05, 2021
TheSourcerer:
I do not belive in the Scriptures smiley I believe the bible or Quran,? So no

You believe the Bible
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 2:02pm On May 05, 2021
unanonso:

You believe the Bible
how sir,?
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by unanonso(m): 2:08pm On May 05, 2021
TheSourcerer:
how sir,?

You posted that you believe the Bible

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 2:13pm On May 05, 2021
unanonso:

You posted that you believe the Bible
no not at all it must have been a typo .
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by unanonso(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2021
TheSourcerer:
no not at all it must have been a typo .

Ok.

Faith in the Bible is a choice.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 05, 2021
Spy360:
How is it that you post something you cannot prove and claim mine is irrational?

You're embittered because God did care about your family. How can you say so if you feel he does not exist?

Secondly you say there's nothing amazing about the universe. You must be a really hates bored fellow. The universe is AMAZING!

Life is absurd if you can't find meaning and purpose to yours. My life is beaming with meaningful purpose.

Finally, that trash about ageless indivisible bla bla bla... keep those to yourself.

The problem with your lot is self induced confusion. By the way I am not trying to impress or convince you. I am only expressing myself and thoughts.

I never said what I can't prove.
Yeah,it's impossible for a God that doesn't exist to care about anyone.
It's also impossible for me to be bitter towards a God that doesn't exist.
If you think the universe is amazing,that's your cup of wine.
Life is absurd since people like you exist alongside people like me.
You remain a collection of ageless indivisible objects and your consciousness happens by chance.
I am not confused and that is independent of your thoughts.
Ultimately,it doesn't matter if you agree or not.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Spy360(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I never said what I can't prove.
Yeah,it's impossible for a God that doesn't exist to care about anyone.
It's also impossible for me to be bitter towards a God that doesn't exist.
If you think the universe is amazing,that's your cup of wine.
Life is absurd since people like you exist alongside people like me.
You remain a collection of ageless indivisible objects and your consciousness happens by chance.
I am not confused and that is independent of your thoughts.
Ultimately,it doesn't matter if you agree or not.
You tell yourself a lie to satisfy your discontentment about your life, and worst still, you believe the lie.

Life is absurd for people who wouldn't see purpose in God's creation. I'd life is absurd then why all these hustle and bustle? Why wake up every morning and go to work? Why have children? Why is there praise for good behavior? Why do we struggle for success? grin

Again, consciousness cannot be by chance, if it is by chance then we would have some humans with no consciousness. But all the complex biological processes that make us, are specific and accurate. They don't happen by chance. You did not happen by chance when you sperm cell overcame all odds to meet an egg that created you. All this has a purpose.

How can you make claims about my existence and say it doesn't matter if I agree or not. But when I make claims about God's existence you want your opinion to count.

I don't hold any allegiances to any religion but my thinking leads me to a purposeful creator that explains the cosmos, life and existence. The universe is very complex yet so accurate and specific. It can even be predicted. It's like saying my computer that does all these complex things happened by chance simply because I don't know who created it. Cheers!
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

You tell yourself a lie to satisfy your discontentment about your life, and worst still, you believe the lie.

Life is absurd for people who wouldn't see purpose in God's creation. I'd life is absurd then why all these hustle and bustle? Why wake up every morning and go to work? Why have children? Why is there praise for good behavior? Why do we struggle for success? grin

Again, consciousness cannot be by chance, if it is by chance then we would have some humans with no consciousness. But all the complex biological processes that make us, are specific and accurate. They don't happen by chance. You did not happen by chance when you sperm cell overcame all odds to meet an egg that created you. All this has a purpose.

How can you make claims about my existence and say it doesn't matter if I agree or not. But when I make claims about God's existence you want your opinion to count.

I don't hold any allegiances to any religion but my thinking leads me to a purposeful creator that explains the cosmos, life and existence. The universe is very complex yet so accurate and specific. It can even be predicted. It's like saying my computer that does all these complex things happened by chance simply because I don't know who created it. Cheers!

This makes no sense.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Spy360(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

This makes no sense.
Does it matter to you? Remember you are random.

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Nobody: 11:54am On May 07, 2021
Spy360:

Does it matter to you? Remember you are random.

You never had to talk to me.
I never really wanted to hear from you.
Whatever you think is your cup of wine.
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 3:33pm On May 07, 2021
Divboy:
maybe but is it a bad omen
maybe that's the day someone a lottery slip
Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by Divboy(m): 8:47pm On May 07, 2021
TheSourcerer:
maybe that's the day someone a lottery slip
Med oo grin cheesy

Re: Let's talk about the Moon. by TheSourcerer: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
Doja2000 ,What was your take on the moon ? Before it was discovered to be a just a big boulder

Don't Date/marry These Type Of Girls/women They Will Frustrate / Why Their Region Is The Most Educated Yet They Don't Make Noise About It ! / .