Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Islam : A Religion Of Peace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam : A Religion Of Peace? (955 Views)

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me / Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam : A Religion Of Peace? by NubianQ(f): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2011
I am not here to make friends by these post . let me clear this by saying, i do not write as a Christian or a Muslim. i am not a religious person.

One thing i cant help but notice about Islam is that it has held the world hostage. This can be referred to as a joke but its getting to a stage where people all over the world are scared for their lives.

When the Danish newspaper published a cartoon of Mohammed, the reactions of Muslims was violence.
When a lady named a teddy bear Mohammed. reaction was violence,
When the Quran was burnt in america, same reaction. why did they not burn the bible and we are even. why does blood have to be shed?

In other religions, they just ignore any reference to them that they feel is untrue. I have seen comedy sketches that portray, Buddah, Shanti , and Jesus christ as a joke, has anyone seen Christians or other religions going on a killing spree. What annoys me is that blood is shed in all areas when anyone as much as does anything against islam.

what has the comedy sketch got to to with killing innocent Christians in Africa or asia? You may all say its a minorty but why has a minority become a majority problem?

You all may think its only a few Muslims but open your eyes, Muslims, Good or bad are being looked on with care because of the fear that they might turn on you. Muslims may say its a religion of peace but why do people that share the same beliefs with you kill? Please dont say they are ignorant, spare me! how come its a world wide thing?

I see articles with some Christian writers talking about the religios Crises in Nigeria and on the comment sections you see educated northern muslims spitting out hate words. why?

As someone from the outside watching all this, i say,

If you are so peaceful how come a prominent person from the islamic world has not condemned this ? why leave it to little groups,

We are scared to travel because of bombs, scared to do anything, Islam needs tell us what they are really about.

You may wish to issue a fatwa on my head, i do not care!
Re: Islam : A Religion Of Peace? by Sweetnecta: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2011
^^^^^^^ You need not get scared of fatawa. Though you said you are not religious, you didn't hide your religious persuasion by the 'burn a bible so that we are even'. while i dislike what the fringe muslims in their violence do, i will not say that if you insult my mother that i must insult your mother to feel that we are now even. a person may not care about his religious book the reason he is quick to burn that of another. a person may not find his prophet deserving respect, why do you think that when you disrespect his prophet you are getting even with him because he disrespected your prophet earlier?

Just as the violent muslims do not represent the non violent muslims, having the same label does not make Islam guilty, if you consider that NOI in chicago, the 5 percenters, and others all say they are muslims, but do not make salah, or pay zakat, or fast in the month of ramadhan, but nation of islam preach using bible, and you will assume you are in the church.

can you say a chrislam person is a muslim? the same way an ignorant hoodlum regardless of his eduction is not really a true muslim.

while i agree that we in islam have our vocal bad eggs who have hijacked islam, judaism and christianity have theirs, they are the nations in the world persecuting muslims with their many arms of propaganda and military force.

if the muslims have used the misbehavior of non muslims to judge their various religions, without going into their religious books, no one in any religion will be seen as a good person. or many of the non muslims will be classified as evil just like the many evil persons in islam.

northern nigeria is not where islam rest; go to madina where the constitution of islam was ratified. you will find absolute peace in there.
Re: Islam : A Religion Of Peace? by LagosShia: 1:19am On Apr 25, 2011
is islam a religion of peace?find out:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-653197.0.html
Re: Islam : A Religion Of Peace? by Adamuenero(m): 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
Look my friend,there is no fattawa or anything. Islam was never a religion of peace and it's foundation was never built on it. A religion that allows you to kill in the name of their so called god cos as for me am not sure it is the almighty God and their little book called the koran that tells them to kill whosoever does not believe in these devilish religion as if it wasn't the same God that created us all and am very sure either them or christian will go to hell.

(1) (Reply)

The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? / Who Is Lady Wendy C. Schroeder? / Salvation In Islam And Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.