Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me (3463 Views)

What Do Muslim Mean By Religion Of Peace, Is Islam Really About Peace? / Amazing How Islam Really F**** Up Peoples Way Of Thinking / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 8:28am On May 04, 2015
Just this morning I came across this tread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2292538/anti-mohammed-cartoon-shootings-america

What came to my mind was "another one again!!!".

What is the justification for this? So what if I draw a picture of Mohamed? What if it is blasphemy to you, but not to me, is that enough to provoke somebody to shed blood?

I really want to know. I see Muslims as my brothers and sisters, there is nothing they will ever do that would make me provoked to the point of shedding blood.

I need to know, why is there so much violence associated with Muslims? But I understand that Islam means peace.

I don't say these to spite anyone, I just really want to know.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Henrypraise41(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2015
There still real muslim that kept there doctrine to the core but its like 20% out of hundreds, for that people label them as trouble makers

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Uyi168: 8:56am On May 04, 2015
Yea,its a religion of piss
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 9:17am On May 04, 2015
Uyi168:
Yea,its a religion of piss
I don't intend to insult any one
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 9:18am On May 04, 2015
Henrypraise41:
There still real muslim that kept there doctrine to the core but its like 20% out of hundreds, for that people label them as trouble makers
Does that mean islam teaches violence?
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Ifeann(f): 9:52am On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

Does that mean islam teaches violence?

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"
Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." •This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves.
Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." •Even sex with married slaves is permissible.
Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" •A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Quran 8:39. "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do."

Qur’an 8:12— Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): “I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.”

Qur’an 9:73—O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

Bukhari 2:24: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

And what of this infamous narration from your authentic sources;
Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."
Tabari VIII:40 "The Messenger of God commanded that furrows should be dug in the ground for the Qurayza. Then he sat down. Ali and Zubayr began cutting off their heads in his presence."

There are over 100 verses in the quran that command Muslims to fight non Muslims but fortunately most Muslims don't take it serious.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by vega84(m): 9:52am On May 04, 2015
Is nt as far as I knw, Islam is evil #vegatalks
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 10:10am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"
Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." •This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves.
Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." •Even sex with married slaves is permissible.
Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" •A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Quran 8:39. "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do."

Qur’an 8:12— Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): “I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.”

Qur’an 9:73—O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

Bukhari 2:24: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."
Tabari VIII:40 "The Messenger of God commanded that furrows should be dug in the ground for the Qurayza. Then he sat down. Ali and Zubayr began cutting off their heads in his presence."

There are over 100 verses in the quran that command Muslims to fight non Muslims but fortunately most Muslims don't take it serious.

What is this one saying?
Are you till talkinq about war?

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (Quran, 5:28)"

“If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” (Qur'an 5:32)

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by hendrixxx(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2015
people can criticize christianity without this type of backlash. there seems to be insecurity among Muslims with regard to Muhammad that they feel the need to be overprotective of his reputation.perhaps something to do with his marrying the young aisha and consumating the marriage by the time she was nine, Mohamed was in his fifties. or perhaps something to do with sanctioning the murder of 600 jews. he also recanted on some of his verses stating he had bin taken in by Satan who dictated to him.
the best way of selling a lie is to wrap of a certain amount of truth
my opinion thou

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Ifeann(f): 10:16am On May 04, 2015
tayebest:

What is this one saying?
Are you till talkinq about war?

“If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” (Qur'an 5:32)

The first time a Muslim friend quoted this verse, I liked it instantly and it was heartwarming. Then I decided to look for myself and behold it was a text without context;

From Qu'ran 5:32, “...If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

The Fuller context says;

Qu'ran 5:32-34, "On that account: Therefore we prescribed for the Children of Israel that who so slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and who so gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth.
This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be SLAUGHTERED, or CRUCIFIED, or their hands and feet shall alternately be STRUCK OFF; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement,
except for such as repent, before you have power over them. So know you that God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."

Notice how you can slay a person if the person spreads corruption in the land or as some translations call it, "mischief". This "corruption in the land" or "mischief" can mean anything such as Preaching the Gospel of Christ, making Muslims uncomfortable by questioning the Qu'ran or Muhammed, drawing Mohammed, supporting western education etc This has therefore been an excused used by Jihadists like BokoHaram, ISIS, Hamas, hezbollah, Al shabba, Alqueda etc to murder, kill and destroy.

Finally a very brief explanation of the verse by an Ex-Muslim-

We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person -unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

Salient points:
1 - It explicitly states that this was a commandment to the Children of Israel, i.e. the Jews! This is not a commandment to all people, and it certainly should not be misused as if this is Allah's command to Muhammad's people.

2 - Even if this were a command to the Muslims, there's still an escape clause: "unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land." If someone is "spreading mischief", he can still be killed. Now let's think for a moment. The would-be Times Square bomber considers Americans to be spreading mischief in Palestine and around the world (practically all Muslims I know think this, even the ones who are American citizens). Accordingly, even if this verse were to apply to someone like Faisal Shahzad, he would still be justified in his slaughter.
As if this weren't obvious enough from the verse itself, the Qur'an further expounds this point in the very next verse. 5:33 says
The punishment of those who wage war against God and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.
This verse is referring to the Muslims, not the Jews anymore, as we can tell in the shift from past tense to present tense. And here, the punishment for mischief is clearly prescribed: execution, crucifixion, mutilation, or at the least, exile. This is the command given to the Muslims. Quite clearly, it does not teach what the Muslims proclaim it teaches; in fact, it teaches almost the exact opposite.
It is undeniably clear that, in order to make Islam seem peaceful, Nazam and many other Muslims rip this verse out of its context, take words out of the very verse itself, changing the entire message for something else. I wonder if they know they are guilty of Surah 5:13.
In any case, we should not let ourselves (or anyone who might be interested) be deceived by the popular Muslim interpretation of these verses.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2015
hendrixxx:
people can criticize christianity without this type of backlash. there seems to be insecurity among Muslims with regard to Muhammad that they feel the need to be overprotective of his reputation.perhaps something to do with his marrying the young aisha and consumating the marriage by the time she was nine, Mohamed was in his fifties. or perhaps something to do with sanctioning the murder of 600 jews. he also recanted on some of his verses stating he had bin taken in by Satan who dictated to him.
the best way of selling a lie is to wrap of a certain amount of truth
my opinion thou

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

The first time a Muslim friend quoted this verse, I liked it instantly and it was heartwarming. Then I decided to look for myself and behold it was a text without context;

From Qu'ran 5:32, “...If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

The Fuller context says;

Qu'ran 5:32-34, "On that account: Therefore we prescribed for the Children of Israel that who so slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and who so gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth.
This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, [\b]and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there:[/b] they shall be SLAUGHTERED, or CRUCIFIED, or their hands and feet shall alternately be STRUCK OFF; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement,
except for such as repent, before you have power over them. So know you that God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."
RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by basilico: 11:01am On May 04, 2015
Punishment for Stealing from the war booty

This is indicated by the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) about the man who stole a garment from the war booty, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, the garment that he took from the booty on the day of Khaybar when it had not yet been shared out is burning him with fire.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4234) and Muslim (115).

The prophet raids and steals. Allah is pleased
Someone steals what he stole.. burns in hell fire.

Peace indeed
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 11:02am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

If what this guy says is true, then there is no peace in this religion at all. I need a Muslim to come out and defend this statements pls
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 11:04am On May 04, 2015
tayebest:
RUBBISH
Don't just say "rubbish" bring forth your strong points and arguments why what he said is not correct

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

Don't just say "rubbish" bring forth your strong points and arguments why what he said is not correct

Haters grin grin

"Say: 'Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message). (Quran, 24:54)"

If you like grin

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

If what this guy says is true, then there is no peace in this religion at all. I need a Muslim to come out and defend this statements pls

From bible;

Genesis 12:1-3
1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

The quote "go to the land I will show you" is referring To the city of Paran (Mecca).

The quote "I will make you into a great nation" is quite interesting. How can GOD Almighty call the Muslims, who came from Ishmael, a "great nation" if they are as the modern Christians of today consider them to be "Satan's followers"? How can we be a "great nation" in the eyes of GOD Almighty if we are hated by Him?

ISLAM MY DEEN

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Ifeann(f): 11:46am On May 04, 2015
tayebest:
RUBBISH

Lol, Muslims calls quran verses rubbish. You are right. The quran is indeed rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 11:47am On May 04, 2015
tayebest:

From bible;

Genesis 12:1-3
1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

The quote "go to the land I will show you" is referring To the city of Paran (Mecca).

The quote "I will make you into a great nation" is quite interesting. How can GOD Almighty call the Muslims, who came from Ishmael, a "great nation" if they are as the modern Christians of today consider them to be "Satan's followers"? How can we be a "great nation" in the eyes of GOD Almighty if we are hated by Him?

ISLAM MY DEEN

The question I asked is not of Islam is a great nation or not. The guy I quoted above made and strong points quoting from your quoran how Islam supports and encourages violence.

My question is, is what he said and quoted true or faulse? If faulse I want you to give me prof.

Thank you
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 11:50am On May 04, 2015
tayebest:

Haters grin grin

"Say: 'Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message). (Quran, 24:54)"

If you like grin
How am I a hater? I ask because I want to know. I have not used any hate word here
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 12:12pm On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

The question I asked is not of Islam is a great nation or not. The guy I quoted above made and strong points quoting from your quoran how Islam supports and encourages violence.

My question is, is what he said and quoted true or faulse? If faulse I want you to give me prof.

Thank you

Yes sir! The verse was real but was revealed inn war-time soo he's now misquoting it!

Read;
"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8 )"

"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for God, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear God. For God is well-acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 5:8 )"

ISLAM MY DEEN

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by onetrack(m): 1:14pm On May 04, 2015
tayebest:

Haters grin grin

If you like grin

I like how Muslims like to claim that Christians 'associate' Jesus with God when you are required to do the same thing in this verse:

"But [I have for you] only notification from Allah , and His messages. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger - then indeed, for him is the fire of Hell; they will abide therein forever" (s72 v 23)

This verse shows that there is no meaningful difference between God and Muhammad. They are the same.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
Just this morning I came across this tread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2292538/anti-mohammed-cartoon-shootings-america

What came to my mind was "another one again!!!".

What is the justification for this? So what if I draw a picture of Mohamed? What if it is blasphemy to you, but not to me, is that enough to provoke somebody to shed blood?

I really want to know. I see Muslims as my brothers and sisters, there is nothing they will ever do that would make me provoked to the point of shedding blood.

I need to know, why is there so much violence associated with Muslims? But I understand that Islam means peace.

I don't say these to spite anyone, I just really want to know.

I only respond to your question because you claim that 'you really want to know'.

Think of Muslims as a body made up of many millions of individuals. We are united by; along with our Quran and Qibla; a love of our prophet (saw) that transcends the love we have, even for our fathers and mothers.

Now walk into any group of ten people, and on a daily basis, draw sexually explicit pictures of their parents, ridicule their parents and call them names. I am willing to wager that one day, one of those ten people, is going to make you regret your decision. Now do it to 1.8billion people; their response will be on a proportional scale.

Islam is a religion of peace, not in the sense that if you slap a Muslim, he will foolishly turn the other cheek; but in the sense that Muslims do not go looking for trouble. Leave a Muslim, he will likely leave you. Bully him incessantly, and when his forbearance runs out, you may not like his reaction; because we Muslims stand up for ourselves and for each other.

Note that the above is psychology, not extracted from the tenets of Islam. Is the purpose of the men that you cited, Islamic? Who can say? The prophet (saw) took a lot of personal abuse from the unbelievers of Makkah, and forgave them, even when his army took over Makkah; and all his former abusers were there... he let them go. He only reacted when the unbelievers sought to undermine belief in the message he delivered from God. Therefore, their decision is based on their own understanding of what should be the proper reaction to the cartoons. Rather than blame Islam as a religion, perhaps one should blame human nature for trying to avenge an insult to a beloved figure, as you would defend your father, if some ill-mannered touts insisted on abusing him in your presence... or wouldn't you?

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Uyi168: 1:42pm On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
I don't intend to insult any one
..kk
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 04, 2015
onetrack:

I like how Muslims like to claim that Christians 'associate' Jesus with God when you are required to do the same thing in this verse:

"But [I have for you] only notification from Allah , and His messages. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger - then indeed, for him is the fire of Hell; they will abide therein forever" (s72 v 23)

This verse shows that there is no meaningful difference between God and Muhammad. They are the same.

Come on. You want to build your entire premise on your ambiguous misinterpretation of this one verse, ignoring literally thousands of evidences that state clearly the position of Allah, and the position of the prophet (saw) in Islam?

Anyway, obedience to the messenger is obviously obedience to He Who sent him. It does not in any way imply that the messenger is the Sender. Hardly rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by tayebest(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2015
onetrack:

whoever disobeys Allah
and His Messenger
the and really indicate that there is more differenciation among them... I advice you to read the Quran more sir!
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 1:55pm On May 04, 2015
Abuamam:

I only respond to your question because you claim that 'you really want to know'.

Think of Muslims as a body made up of many millions of individuals. We are united by; along with our Quran and Qibla; a love of our prophet (saw) that transcends the love we have, even for our fathers and mothers.

Now walk into any group of ten people, and on a daily basis, draw sexually explicit pictures of their parents, ridicule their parents and call them names. I am willing to wager that one day, one of those ten people, is going to make you regret your decision. Now do it to 1.8billion people; their response will be on a proportional scale.

Islam is a religion of peace, not in the sense that if you slap a Muslim, he will foolishly turn the other cheek; but in the sense that Muslims do not go looking for trouble. Leave a Muslim, he will likely leave you. Bully him incessantly, and when his forbearance runs out, you may not like his reaction; because we Muslims stand up for ourselves and for each other.

Note that the above is psychology, not extracted from the tenets of Islam. Is the purpose of the men that you cited, Islamic? Who can say? The prophet (saw) took a lot of personal abuse from the unbelievers of Makkah, and forgave them, even when his army took over Makkah; and all his former abusers were there... he let them go. He only reacted when the unbelievers sought to undermine belief in the message he delivered from God. Therefore, their decision is based on their own understanding of what should be the proper reaction to the cartoons. Rather than blame Islam as a religion, perhaps one should blame human nature for trying to avenge an insult to a beloved figure, as you would defend your father, if some ill-mannered touts insisted on abusing him in your presence... or wouldn't you?

But if someone should draw a cartoon picture of my father or even verbally insult my father, that didn't mean I should kill him
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

But if someone should draw a cartoon picture of my father or even verbally insult my father, that didn't mean I should kill him

YOU may not... the first or second time he does it. But can you vouch for everyone in your family? Are you sure your brother wouldn't if he had the chance? Or your cousin? People are of different temperament. Are you sure of retaining your calm if he keeps doing it repeatedly, and publishing it in magazines?

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 2:09pm On May 04, 2015
Abuamam:

YOU may not... the first or second time he does it. But can you vouch for everyone in your family? Are you sure your brother wouldn't if he had the chance? Or your cousin? People are of different temperament. Are you sure of retaining your calm if he keeps doing it repeatedly, and publishing it in magazines?
It still doesn't justify killing anybody. No matter what is done to the picture of the prophet, it didn't justify killing anybody.

Its now a question of what value you put on a life.
Let me paint you a picture;

Someone comes to your house, takes the picture of your dad and trow it in the mud, then your cousin comes out and attacks and kills that person because of the picture, it there really a justification for that?
That cousin is an animal and should face the full wroth of the law.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

It still doesn't justify killing anybody. No matter what is done to the picture of the prophet, it didn't justify killing anybody.

Its now a question of what value you put on a life.
Let me paint you a picture;

Someone comes to your house, takes the picture of your dad and trow it in the mud, then your cousin comes out and attacks and kills that person because of the picture, it there really a justification for that?
That cousin is an animal and should face the full wroth of the law.

You are looking at a one-off event. Also, taking his pix and throwing it in the mud is not the same as abusing your father, explicitly, verbally and publicly, on a REGULAR basis, worldwide. They are drawing provocative pictures. How would you like to see pictures purporting to be those of your naked father in perverted positions in a newspaper/ magazine? You are simplifying the event.

Let me ask you...

What purpose do these insulting cartoons have?

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by WhoBeThisMan: 2:29pm On May 04, 2015
Abuamam:

You are looking at a one-off event. Also, taking his pix and throwing it in the mud is not the same as abusing your father, explicitly, verbally and publicly, on a REGULAR basis, worldwide. They are drawing provocative pictures. How would you like to see pictures purporting to be those of your naked father in perverted positions in a newspaper/ magazine? You are simplifying the event.

Let me ask you...

What purpose do these insulting cartoons have?
By killing the person, does it make you a better man? I say no. It actually make you worse
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 04, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:

By killing the person, does it make you a better man? I say no. It actually make you worse

Who is talking about better or worse here? We are talking about human behaviour. I am merely putting it to you that this behaviour is not restricted to Muslims, although Muslims are more often newsworthy when violence is mentioned. Christians have bombed abortion clinics. Recently, Angola has had to shut down dozens of pentecostal cults after the latest shootout with some of them. An atheist killed 3 Muslims in the US. A christian pilot crashed his plane with all passengers on board. These are all recent, and tgere are thousands more that never make headlines unless the perpetrator is called Abdullah or Mohammed. Nor do all Muslims feel that shooting innocent unbelievers is rewardeable, otherwise this world would have been rapidly depopulated. All I am asking is that you use the same standards to judge adherents of all religions, and to not judge selectively. No religion has a monopoly on violence and violent adherents.

Perhaps this will give you a more objective perspective of the ongoing extremist Muslim vs extremist Xtian picture ongoing in that location...

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/garland-texas-scene-last-nights-shootings-hotbed-anti-muslim-bigotry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? / Selman: A Most Dangerous Weapon In Satan's Arsenal / Treament Of Women Before Islam And Lies Spread By Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.