Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. (916 Views)

10 Bible Verses Against Yahoo Yahoo, Ponzi Scheme, Money Rituals / 10 Shocking Bible Verses On Ponzi Schemes And Fraud / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by coast2sahara: 8:24am On May 03, 2021
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by laplace12(m): 8:31am On May 03, 2021
Can we have this on front page

Mynd44
seun
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by donnie(m): 8:36am On May 03, 2021
Just of recent, a Christ Embassy Pastor in Asaba fled to Dubai after collecting multiplied millions from people.

My friend just call me yesterday lamenting that his 800k he had planned to put in his fish farm is gone. He had gained from the scheme a year ago and decided to "reinvest" everything.

He told me about a man who put in 100 million naira few days before they closed office and ran away. He committed suicide. embarassed
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by fidet1(m): 8:37am On May 03, 2021
He donated part of the proceeds to your church. Ole ni gbo gbo yin
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by petra1(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2021
fidet1:
He donated part of the proceeds to your church. Ole ni gbo gbo yin

You Ole too nah. All of us have gotten money one way or the other from funny sources. Even if you're an Uber driver . Do you ask your passenger where he got the money,? . You are Ole part 2
grin grin grin
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by petra1(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2021
coast2sahara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L44WTDwo5a4

Pastor Chris has always taught against investing Ponzi.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by oluwaseyi0: 6:52pm On May 03, 2021
A fool and his money are soon parted

2 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by Image123(m): 10:39pm On May 03, 2021
petra1:

You Ole too nah. All of us have gotten money one way or the other from funny sources. Even if you're an Uber driver . Do you ask your passenger where he got the money,? . You are Ole part 2
grin grin grin

So you compare your pastor to an uber driver? Does an uber driver have the same level of Holy Spirit and discernment that your pastor should have? Does an uber driver take donations in millions and billions and give awards to the donors/partners without question?

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by petra1(m): 6:52am On May 05, 2021
Image123:

So you compare your pastor to an uber driver?
Does an uber driver have the same level of Holy Spirit and discernment that your pastor should have? Does an uber driver take donations in millions and billions and give awards to the donors/partners without question?

The alabaster oil came from prostitution. Yet poured at Jesus feet

Do you question people in your church. Kindly tell us how you do discernment over givings. The police men who give in church should be turned back probably the money came from bribe ?

Secondly was the money given to the Pastor? .. If you give for Bible distribution. Or inner city motherless helpd through the church. The money goes to the purpose its meant for

Thirdly the Gentle man is a business man . And gave from his business
Everybody is free to donate in church. If he had issues with his partners in business. It's their interna issue .
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by Image123(m): 8:04am On May 05, 2021
petra1:

The alabaster oil came from prostitution. Yet poured at Jesus feet

Do you question people in your church. Kindly tell us how you do discernment over givings. The police men who give in church should be turned back probably the money came from bribe ?

Secondly was the money given to the Pastor? .. If you give for Bible distribution. Or inner city motherless helpd through the church. The money goes to the purpose its meant for

Thirdly the Gentle man is a business man . And gave from his business
Everybody is free to donate in church. If he had issues with his partners in business. It's their interna issue .

How dare you Jo, how dare you? For filthy lucre's sake, you call a woman a prostitute and compare a contrite, saved and forgiven woman to the thieves that give you money monthly. Have some decency if you have no discernment.
While I was more particular about the uber driver and your pastor, but it appears you want to discuss the other MBA man. So, you are saying he's a sinner or what? But i'm reading that he's a known member of your church, i think i read pastor, and definitely saw him being awarded by your pastor. Here's what the Bible says.

Proverbs 27:23 Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.

Your pastor should be man enough to question questionable donations, questionable members, questionable pastors and questionable actions. He's at least questioning government and world leaders on Covid, he should be sensitive and sensible enough to question his own members and pastors.
BTW, not all police officers are corrupt or live on bribe, that's quite low coming from you. So you blanket all the police officers in your church that way, smh.

Now, back to my question. Does an uber driver have the same level of Holy Spirit and discernment that your pastor should have? Does an uber driver take donations in millions and billions and give awards to the donors/partners without question?

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by donnie(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2021
Image123:

Your pastor should be man enough to question questionable donations, questionable members, questionable pastors and questionable actions. He's at least questioning government and world leaders on Covid, he should be sensitive and sensible enough to question his own members and pastors.
They will not... because the pastors who collect and submit these monies are already under pressure to meet targets from headquarters and of course pressure to be seen as "a man of faith." They're all in a competition to climb that stage and shake Oga pastor's hand. So every other thing comes secondary, including helping the needy members of the church, talkless of their own family members.

This is the result of the so-called faith message.

And perhaps I should add that I support their questioning of this PLANdemic and vaccines 100%.
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by petra1(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2021
Image123:

How dare you Jo, how dare you? For filthy lucre's sake, you call a woman a prostitute and compare a contrite, saved and forgiven woman to the thieves that give you money monthly.

What about the thieves that give you money.
You're still yet to tell us your church system of scanning money

Have some decency if you have no discernment

Rora bu mi o. Gods word does not require "bibu"

it appears you want to discuss the other MBA man. So, you are saying he's a sinner or what?

I didn't says he's a sinner. He's just a business man. But since you're tagging him a sinner That's why I said even if. . . It's not church place to investigate people dealing . Church can only deal with matter brought before the church.

But i'm reading that he's a known member of your church, i think i read pastor, and definitely saw him being awarded by your pastor. Here's what the Bible says.

Thousands of people are recognized by the church for their participation. Either in giving or soulwinning . He's just one among many

Proverbs 27:23 Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.

Firstly That scripture is primarily for agro business. Secondly if it's used pemisively for pastoral work nothing spoil. As I said , the guy is one among many honored From around the world. He is a member in Portharcourt . Pastor chris honored all those who's name.were called .

Your pastor should be man enough to question questionable donations, questionable members, questionable pastors and questionable actions. He's at least questioning government and world leaders on Covid, he should be sensitive and sensible enough to question his own members and pastors

Forex is a legitimate business. Nothing to question. you can only guide them Pastor Chris has done that many times . He taught against Ponzi business and he told those who do forex not to take more than they can trade. if not it may turn to Ponzi. You assume and judge Pastor Chris from distance. Why not click on YouTube and hear him personally on his stands

BTW, not all police officers are corrupt or live on bribe, that's quite low coming from you. So you blanket all the police officers in your church that way, smh

Your church nko? I just Gave an illustration. It doesn't have to be

Now, back to my question. Does an uber driver have the same level of Holy Spirit and discernment that your pastor should have? Does an uber driver take donations in millions and billions and give awards to the donors/partners without question?

If you were an uber driver and you realize the ladies you carry are prostitute. Will you tell them not to pay.

It's like eating food offer to idols.. if someone is a known 419. And he wants to come and make donation . The church can reject it. Because its identification.
But people giving to God is their personal responsibility not the Pastor.

There is no discernment required for offering. It's God that has the responsibility to determine what is acceptable and blessed and what is not blessed .
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 05, 2021
A pastor told a member to give a huge seed that something good will happen the man gave a seed with faith and in a week he got a contract of millions of naira...
another pastor told a man to give a huge amount of seed the man gave a seed and nothing happened...
all I have to say is that to worship God is a thing of the heart, don't let your pastors mislead you, your pastor don't know how difficult you struggle to earn a living....
the Bible said we should give, the giving has different perspective, some people prefer giving money to the church than helping their neighbor who is in need and that's wrong also try to help your neighbor who is in need..
I'm not against any pastors and I'm not in support of any pastors but giving offering, tithe and giving a seed in the church is not a bad thing, it is also in the Bible. but that shouldn't make you to be decieve by your pastors, some people give money to the church to get firm so that the church will recognize them.

all I know is that we will get a pay back of whatever we do, either good or bad...
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by Image123(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2021
petra1:

What about the thieves that give you money.
You're still yet to tell us your church system of scanning money

Thieves don't give me money. When you have members giving you money, find out the source of their wealth, it is biblical to. You cannot tell me that you do not know or it's not your business the kind of business that your members do. Yet you know how much they give and even give them awards for being "partners". A decent person, family, church, organisation questions unusual financial transactions. You can ask Ananias and Sapphira

Rora bu mi o. Gods word does not require "bibu"

When did decency and discernment become insults? What about you that insulted the Bible and insulted that woman calling her a prostitute?

I didn't says he's a sinner. He's just a business man. But since you're tagging him a sinner That's why I said even if. . . It's not church place to investigate people dealing . Church can only deal with matter brought before the church.

Even if, okay oh. Is the man a pastor or worker in your church? Was the church unaware that he was involved in ponzi?

Thousands of people are recognized by the church for their participation. Either in giving or soulwinning . He's just one among many

Firstly That scripture is primarily for agro business. Secondly if it's used pemisively for pastoral work nothing spoil. As I said , the guy is one among many honored From around the world. He is a member in Portharcourt . Pastor chris honored all those who's name.were called .

He was recognised by your pastor himself. So you give recognition to thousands without due diligence? Even an incompetent government should not openly give this excuse. i'm guessing Jesus' many parables also apply primarily to agro business. Are you a shepherd or not?

Forex is a legitimate business. Nothing to question. you can only guide them Pastor Chris has done that many times . He taught against Ponzi business and he told those who do forex not to take more than they can trade. if not it may turn to Ponzi. You assume and judge Pastor Chris from distance. Why not click on YouTube and hear him personally on his stands

i do not judge your pastor. You were the one that started justifying rubbish, that's why i stepped in.

Your church nko? I just Gave an illustration. It doesn't have to be

Bad illustration. You blanket them all as bribe takers.

If you were an uber driver and you realize the ladies you carry are prostitute. Will you tell them not to pay.

An uber driver is collecting money from everyone for services rendered. You cannot compare him to a pastor or a church. A passenger can get transport fare from anywhere, not necessarily his profession. Your dad, friend, neighbour etc can give you transport fare for a particular purpose. This is very different from consistently being in the family and fellowship as a "partner", evangelising and making monthly, weekly, quarterly donations and in huge awardable sums. You have no excuse, repent.

It's like eating food offer to idols.. if someone is a known 419. And he wants to come and make donation . The church can reject it. Because its identification.
But people giving to God is their personal responsibility not the Pastor.

You're contradictory here. The church can reject it, but it is not the responsiblity?

There is no discernment required for offering. It's God that has the responsibility to determine what is acceptable and blessed and what is not blessed .

And it is your pastors responsibility to give them awards without discernment. What do you use discernment for again, football scores? undecided undecided Ask Ananias and Sapphira. Ask Simon in Acts 8 cry cry
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by ikorodureporta: 2:27pm On May 07, 2021
...but you allowed them to use yr church for marketing
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by petra1(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2021
Image123:

Thieves don't give me money. When you have members giving you money, find out the source of their wealth, it is biblical to. You cannot tell me that you do not know or it's not your business the kind of business that your members do. Yet you know how much they give and even give them awards for being "partners". A decent person, family, church, organisation questions unusual financial transactions. You can ask Ananias and Sapphira

When did decency and discernment become insults? What about you that insulted the Bible and insulted that woman calling her a prostitute?

Even if, okay oh. Is the man a pastor or worker in your church? Was the church unaware that he was involved in ponzi?

He was recognised by your pastor himself. So you give recognition to thousands without due diligence? Even an incompetent government should not openly give this excuse. i'm guessing Jesus' many parables also apply primarily to agro business. Are you a shepherd or not?

i do not judge your pastor. You were the one that started justifying rubbish, that's why i stepped in.

Bad illustration. You blanket them all as bribe takers.

An uber driver is collecting money from everyone for services rendered. You cannot compare him to a pastor or a church. A passenger can get transport fare from anywhere, not necessarily his profession. Your dad, friend, neighbour etc can give you transport fare for a particular purpose. This is very different from consistently being in the family and fellowship as a "partner", evangelising and making monthly, weekly, quarterly donations and in huge awardable sums. You have no excuse, repent.

You're contradictory here. The church can reject it, but it is not the responsiblity?

And it is your pastors responsibility to give them awards without discernment. What do you use discernment for again, football scores? undecided undecided Ask Ananias and Sapphira. Ask Simon in Acts 8 cry cry

You're yet to tell us how you scan the source of your members offering . If you say no member give money from questionable source in your church then you're very dishonest. Even Jesus had Judas . There are things beyond your control. You just have to teach the word to build to maturity.

And lastly if the MBA guy gave money and was recognized with an award . What is anybody business.

Was he not making money in his business. If he had any wrong doing let the law handle that.

It was based on this premise below. I told you it's an illustration.

1Co 10:27 — 1Co 10:28
-- If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

Was Paul contradictory? I a sinner announced he want to come and donate and you know he does questionable business. It's wisdom to reject it because it's identification. He want to use the church as launchpad . Like the story of the girl with spirit of donation trying to pally with Paul yet unsaved. It's different from a Christian who gave to God
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by Image123(m): 11:12pm On May 07, 2021
petra1:

You're yet to tell us how you scan the source of your members offering . If you say no member give money from questionable source in your church then you're very dishonest. Even Jesus had Judas . There are things beyond your control. You just have to teach the word to build to maturity.

And lastly if the MBA guy gave money and was recognized with an award . What is anybody business.

Was he not making money in his business. If he had any wrong doing let the law handle that.

You skipped a lot here, i pray you have learnt though. i already said "When you have members giving you money, find out the source of their wealth, it is biblical to. You cannot tell me that you do not know or it's not your business the kind of business that your members do. Yet you know how much they give and even give them awards for being "partners". A decent person, family, church, organisation questions unusual financial transactions. You can ask Ananias and Sapphira"
This is a good way to 'scan your members offerings. At least you know them, you know their house, you have fellowship with them, and you sometimes know who and what they gave. Do your diligence to know how and why they are giving. i think it's still in your same church they said someone gave family property not belonging to him. All these things bring reproach to the name of God.
It doesn't stop your teaching, and it is YOUR business as a pastor/shepherd. that is part of why God put you there. Ordinary godless NL would say "Don't promote shady investments like betting and HYIP", so why do you find it out of your scope. You want and take the goodies but don't take the responsibility. Are you not an accomplice?

It was based on this premise below. I told you it's an illustration.

1Co 10:27 — 1Co 10:28
-- If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

Was Paul contradictory? I a sinner announced he want to come and donate and you know he does questionable business. It's wisdom to reject it because it's identification. He want to use the church as launchpad . Like the story of the girl with spirit of donation trying to pally with Paul yet unsaved. It's different from a Christian who gave to God

This is not an issue of a christian. You compared giving in your church to prostitutes and bribe takers and you gave no room for scrutiny or "scanning". Instead, you talked about uber drivers. You're now trying to change the narrative instead of accepting your mistake, learning from it, and moving on.
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by petra1(m): 1:55pm On May 08, 2021
Image123:

You skipped a lot here, i pray you have learnt though. i already said "When you have members giving you money, find out the source of their wealth, it is biblical to. You cannot tell me that you do not know or it's not your business the kind of business that your members do. Yet you know how much they give and even give them awards for being "partners". A decent person, family, church, organisation questions unusual financial transactions. You can ask Ananias and Sapphira"
This is a good way to 'scan your members offerings. At least you know them, you know their house, you have fellowship with them, and you sometimes know who and what they gave. Do your diligence to know how and why they are giving. i think it's still in your same church they said someone gave family property not belonging to him. All these things bring reproach to the name of God.
It doesn't stop your teaching, and it is YOUR business as a pastor/shepherd. that is part of why God put you there. Ordinary godless NL would say "Don't promote shady investments like betting and HYIP", so why do you find it out of your scope. You want and take the goodies but don't take the responsibility. Are you not an accomplice?

This is not an issue of a christian. You compared giving in your church to prostitutes and bribe takers and you gave no room for scrutiny or "scanning". Instead, you talked about uber drivers. You're now trying to change the narrative instead of accepting your mistake, learning from it, and moving on.

I taya . Ok you win. Your church is better than mine. Even though you still have not told us how you scan source of income in your better church

You've still have
Re: Ponzi Scheme Always Fail, Be Warned - Pastor Chris. by obonujoker(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2021
Everyone except the greedy thieves knows this

(1) (Reply)

Why Did God Create Men Physically Stronger Than Women? / See What Uganda Pastor Doing To Female Church Members / Somali Forces Ban, Burn Muslim Women's Veils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.