Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes (918 Views)

Casting Of Lots By The Apostles In The New Testament Is Pagan Practice Like Ifa / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 03, 2021
The Christian bible is made up of the new and old testament. Now some Christian pastors will claim that the old testament is not functional and does not relate with present reality of things today, while some will say it is the old covenant that the new testament is the new covenant of God's word through Jesus Christ.

But when its comes to tithes and offerings aka money these same pastors will still go back to the same old testament they hate and criticize and use some passages from the so called old covenant to finesse their members in order to get tithes and offering.
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 12:55pm On May 03, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
The Christian bible is made up of the new and old testament. Now some Christian pastors will claim that the old testament is not functional and does not relate with present reality of things today, while some will say it is the old covenant that the new testament is the new covenant of God's word through Jesus Christ.

But when its comes to tithes and offerings aka money these same pastors will still go back to the same old testament they hate and criticize and use some passages from the so called old covenant to finesse their members in order to get tithes and offering.

[/s] You are not a Christian so you can never understand. Kindly continue with the nodding of your skull on the ground while waiting for 72 virgins
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 03, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] You are not a Christian so you can never understand. Kindly continue with the nodding of your skull on the ground while waiting for 72 virgins

I can never understand why they have to steal people money using the same old testament they hate.

But i understand that pastors are hustlers, so it is important they feed their families with every trick available in the books.

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

But when its comes to tithes and offerings aka money these same pastors will still go back to the same old testament they hate and criticize and use some passages from the so called old covenant to finesse their members.

Arrrrrrrh

Stop concluding your charade speculation on what pastor says. Just tell us are looking for an avenue to spit your anger because others are paying tithe and you are just obsessed about it.

Now look very well.
In the Bible Christ admonish us give what belong to ceaser and what belong to God. So in your little Bible study mind what could be that thing that belong to God?

If we can pay tax of which jesus did tell me one reason that would stop us from paying tithe?

Note: the old testement is forever relevant. A foundation can never be neglected and that's what the old testement serves as to the new testement.

I will advise you cogitate on the word and ask the holy spirit to give you understanding rather than posting things that are not vetted, thank you !!
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 1:01pm On May 03, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

I can never understand why they have to steal people money using the same old testament they hate.

But i understand that pastors are hustlers, so it is important they feed their families with every trick available in the books.
[/s] Since when did their exploitation suddenly become your business? Or would you like to become a christian and renounce that your powerless Allah who does nothing but beg his followers to carry bombs and weapons for him? Mtchww
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Arrrrrrrh

Stop concluding your charade speculation on what pastor says. Just tell us are looking for an avenue to spit your anger because others are paying tithe and you are just obsessed about it.

Now look very well.
In the Bible Christ admonish us give what belong to ceaser and what belong to God. So in your little Bible study mind what could be that thing that belong to God?

If we can pay tax of which jesus did tell me one reason that would stop us from paying tithe?

Note: the old testement is forever relevant. A foundation can never be neglected and that's what the old testement serves as to the new testement.

I will advise you cogitate on the word and ask the holy spirit to give you understanding rather than posting things that are not vetted, thank you !!

Give unto ceasar what belongs to ceasar and to God what belong unto God.

Jesus was not talking about tithes and offering but about paying tax. So do not confuse tax with offering. Take a bible commentary to understand what that means, instead of misinterpreting and misinformation Christians for your own personal and selfish goal.

Most pastors have bastardized that passage to confuse their members and finesse them.
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 03, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] Since when did their exploitation suddenly become your business? Or would you like to become a christian and renounce that your powerless Allah who does nothing but beg his followers to carry bombs and weapons for him? Mtchww

Exploitation is a crime according to Nigerian laws and religious laws. So it is my business.
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Give unto ceasar what belongs to ceasar and to God what belong unto God.

Jesus was talking about tithes and offering but about paying tax. So do not confuse tax with offering. Take a bible commentary to understand what that means, instead of misinterpreting and misinformation Christians for your own personal and selfish goal.

Most pastors have bastardized that passage to confuse their members and finesse them.

Ok,
You didn't answer my question.
I agree what belong to ceaser was tax true, but what do you think belong to God??

Don't say tax because that one belong to ceaser.

I don't know your obstinate obsession with this tithe of a thing. If pastors are cashing out you too go and cash out now. Or start the online trend #NoTithing !
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Ok,
I agree what belong to ceaser was tax true, but what do you think belong to God??

I don't know your obstinate obsession with this tithe of a thing. If pastors are cashing out you too go and cash out now. Or start the online trend #NoTithing !

God does not need anything from you except your heart and kindness to humanity.

He does not need money, how is he going to collect it, he is invisible and he only wants everyone to develop the earth and make it a better place for mankind.

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by XXXXTENTACION: 1:17pm On May 03, 2021
Don't mind does Scammers undecided with their kukere religion.
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

God does not need anything from you except your heart and kidness to humanity.

He does not need money, how is he going to collect it, he is invisible and he only wants everyone to develop the earth and make it a better place for mankind.

Lol you are deviating from the question. Don't misinterpret my question for the above fairy tales you wrote above.

If you can't succintly outline the "Belong to God" things, sir I would advice you to go and gather more points to back your claims, because from your initial question there is no tangible thing to argue with you on.

Tell me what are those things that Christ admonish us to give to God? If you can't answer the question straight then I see no reason for you to reply .
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Lol you are deviating from the question. Don't misinterpret my question for the above fairy tales you wrote above.

If you can't succintly outline the "Belong to God" things, sir I would advice you go and gather more point to back your claims, because from your initial question there is no tangible thing to argue with you.

Tell me what are those things that Christ admonish us to give to God? If you can't answer the question straight then I see no reason for you to reply .

Jesus christ never said we should give anything to him, he just want Christians to follow his way and obey Christians commandments.

Infact one of his commandments is to help the poor and needy by giving to them and taking care of their needs.

But pastors have twisted the message to help the pastors by force and fire while the poor and needy suffers
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by chatinent: 1:26pm On May 03, 2021
Abeg call the church name not generalising it.
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Jesus christ never said we should give anything to him, he just want Christians to follow his way and obey Christians commandments.

Infact one of his commandments is to help the poor and needy by giving to them and taking care of their needs.
Berean Study Bible:
Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.” And they marveled at Him..

King James Bible
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
Mark 12:17

Don't confuse your self. Where did I, neither the Bible told us to give to Jesus?

Even jesus saw the widow giving her last penny and he was not move you stop her. He could have stop her since it was her last money and she really need that money because it was her last money..

If that woman can respect the fact that give what belong to God who are we in our plenty to deny him?

Just accept the truth !!
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On May 03, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] Since when did their exploitation suddenly become your business? Or would you like to become a christian and renounce that your powerless Allah who does nothing but beg his followers to carry bombs and weapons for him? Mtchww
it has always been business for your pastors and nothing more, I afraid undecided
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Ok,

What belongs to God is that which God infact asks you for. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Berean Study Bible:
Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.” And they marveled at Him..

King James Bible
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
Mark 12:17

Don't confuse your self. Where did I, neither the Bible told us to give to Jesus?

Even jesus saw the widow giving her last penny and he was never move stop her. He could have stop her since it was her last money and she really need that money because it was her last money..

If that woman can respect "belong to God" even in her lack then who are we not to give him in our plenty?

Just accept the truth !!
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

If you can't succintly outline the "Belong to God" things, sir I would advice you to go and gather more points to back your claims, because from your initial question there is no tangible thing to argue with you on.

Your submission and your obedience is what should belong to God. undecided

Jesus Christ even made this severally clear when He declared that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and teachings. undecided

God is not a beggar.... He does not eat or drink and certainly does need your money to buy these things. He never asked you for your money or your food. He asked you for your Trust and obedience since that is His pleasure. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Even jesus saw the widow giving her last penny and he was not move you stop her. He could have stop her since it was her last money and she really need that money because it was her last money..

If that woman can respect the fact that give what belong to God who are we in our plenty to deny him?

Just accept the truth !!

That is why i said most you pastors and Christians do not understand the bible.

Jesus christ was telling a story of the injustice in our society and he gave an example of the widow who gave her last penny because the temple said she should give all her money so that they can fund their extravagant lifestyle.

The widow story signifies the injustice of religious leaders just like the pastors who collect money from the poor to buy private planes.

God wants us to give to poor people not take from them.
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Even jesus saw the widow giving her last penny and he was never move stop her. He could have stop her since it was her last money and she really need that money because it was her last money..

If that woman can respect "belong to God" even in her lack then who are we not to give him in our plenty?

Just accept the truth !!
Why would Jesus Christ have had need to stop her from obeying the Old Covenant laws on Offerings which she was bound to by God as an israelite? undecided
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On May 03, 2021
gaius01:

Arrrrrrrh

Now look very well.

I will advise you cogitate on the word and ask the holy spirit to give you understanding rather than posting things that are not vetted, thank you
!!
God excluded the gentiles from the Old Covenant agreement He made specifically with those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins. So how can a Contract that you were specifically excluded from by Almighty God Himself serve as a foundation for anything you are involved in by the very same God? undecided

You don't need the Spirit of God to comprehend that which is written to you in human language. You only need to start by applying basic human language comprehension skills as that will more than suffice in getting you started on understanding the Truth of God. undecided

Jesus Christ Himself told you that you should use the understanding you have to first, and more will be given you. But if you don't use the understanding that you have, even that which you have will be taken away from you. undecided
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On May 03, 2021
chatinent:
Abeg call the church name not generalising it.
Every one of your churches is implicated here.

Who really called those men that call themselves shepherds/leaders/authorities over you in those churches you attend?

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.
16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
In John 10, Jesus Christ echoed the very same message from God above, declaring that He alone is the Shepherd over His flock.

So, ask yourself, who "called" or "anointed" your Pastors/Mogs when God denies them? lipsrsealed
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 2:11pm On May 03, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
it has always been business for your pastors and nothing more, I afraid undecided
[/s] I wasn't referring to you; kindly mind your business
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 2:12pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Exploitation is a crime according to Nigerian laws and religious laws. So it is my business.
That's for the courts to decide, not you. So why not stick to minding your own business, or are one of those idle folks who have nothing better to do than to pry and act stupid online? undecided
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On May 03, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] I wasn't referring to you; kindly mind your business
Your churches are nothing but "glorified" social clubs aka businesses! "Glorified in the sense those who run the tack on the name of God to make it seem that God is in some way involved in what they do there. undecided

God never asked for these churches. He never even commanded His followers to gather as you do in those churches. The sooner you accept God's Truth over the lies of men, the better for your eternal soul. undecided
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 2:18pm On May 03, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Your churches are nothing but "glorified" social clubs aka businesses! "Glorified in the sense those who run the tack on the name of God to make it seem that God is in some way involved in what they do there. undecided

God never asked for these churches. He never even commanded His followers to gather as you do in those churches. The sooner you accept God's Truth over the lies of men, the better for your eternal soul. undecided
[/s]That is your own twisted interpretation. Now kindly get the f**k off my mentions
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 03, 2021
Hashabiah:
That's for the courts to decide, not you. So why not stick to minding your own business, or are one of those idle folks who have nothing better to do than to pry and act stupid online? undecided

Once you attack their belief system, they start attacking the reason of being online. All these cheap attack of the 20st century do not have an effect in the 21st century. Try to update your online abuse grin
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On May 03, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s]That is your own twisted interpretation. Now kindly get the f**k off my mentions
Twisted interpretation that mirrors reality? undecided

The kind of worship God calls for is obedience of His commandments so your church activities mean nothing to God, but everything to the church business and its owner.

Again...
Kobojunkie:
Your churches are nothing but "glorified" social clubs aka businesses! "Glorified in the sense those who run them tack on the name of God to make it seem that God is in some way involved in what they do there. undecided

Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 3:00pm On May 03, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

Once you attack their belief system, they start attacking the reason of being online. All these cheap attack of the 20st century do not have an effect in the 21st century. Try to update your online abuse grin

[/s] Another jobless individual. If you don't like as they collect tithes go and collect if from them na? Mumu
Re: The Old Testament Is Not Functional But Very Functional When You Want Tithes by Hashabiah: 3:01pm On May 03, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Twisted interpretation that mirrors reality? undecided

The kind of worship God calls for is obedience of His commandments so your church activities mean nothing to God, but everything to the church business and its owner.

Again...
[/s] According to your myopic interpretation abi? Good. Now get the f**k off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why My Target Is No Longer Heaven / Just Say Amen / Site On Bible Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.