Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti (23505 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Women Dress Themselves To Compete With Other Women & Not For Men / "I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Photos Of Seun Kuti looking For Babies Hanging From His Balcony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by God2man2again(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2021
UnGenesis 2:18 and UnBiblical statements.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Onelove508: 9:24pm On May 03, 2021
sureteeboy:
The last time I checked, over 98% of the entire Nigerian populace affiliates with either christianity or Islam. If his 95% stats of rapists being Christian or Muslim anything to go by, a quick maths reveals that the 1% non Christians/Muslims stand a better chance of being rapists than the religious ones.

Case scenario.

Consider a sample of 10,000 Nigerians in which 20 rapists were caught.
95% are Christians / Muslims (19 rapists), while the remaining 5% (1 rapist) isn't.
From the previous statistics 98% of the entire sample populace (9,800 people ) are Christians/Muslims while the remaining are traditionalists or something else. (200 people).
19 out of 9,800 means probability of finding a rapist among the religious ones is just 0.1%, while the probability of finding a rapist among the rest (1/200) is 0.5%.
This means his 95% logic is outright bulllshit.
I don't have time to dissect the rest of his meaningless post. I just decided to focus on this

U smart o.
I had this in my head but didn't know how explain in out. U just did perfectly.

His point is almost senseless. He talks as though Christians, Muslim and Traditional worshippers have equal number of adherents.

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by sureteeboy(m): 9:31pm On May 03, 2021
Onelove508:

U smart o.
I had this in my head but didn't know how explain in out. U just did perfectly.

He point is almost senseless. He talks as though Christians, Muslim and Traditional worshippers have equal number of adherents.
Thanks Boss
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by cococandy(f): 9:32pm On May 03, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
This has not stopped rape apologists. Religion has nothing to do with it.

The problem lies in African society, not religion. Rape culture is a direct reflection of the society and what it permits, under the umbrella of policing women and exonerating men when they commit crimes.

"we are African men we have our tradition" is a more powerful voice than reason or religion for Nigerian men.
And that is the driving force of evil among them.

I disagree. Even in America where everyone is not religious, it’s the Christians here who are more likely to excuse rapists by placing the blame on the victims conduct.

By the way, the things that many ignorant Africans call “their African culture” is merely western culture that we adopted during colonization. All that misogynist crap, hyper religious bullshit et al, all came from the west.

However, the west is trying to grow past all that nonsense but we are still holding on with both hands because we have been left with no identity except that of slaves. Now we champion their culture more than they do. And then turn around to accuse anyone who speaks against it as “too westernized”. While in truth, it’s the other way around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Onelove508: 9:32pm On May 03, 2021
SmartyPants:
95% of Nigerians are either Christian or Muslim so it is expected that 95% of criminals would be adherents of one of the two faiths. People need to think before talking.

He made it appeared as though all three religions have equi number of adherents.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by EmekaChiwe: 9:36pm On May 03, 2021
sureteeboy:
The last time I checked, over 98% of the entire Nigerian populace affiliates with either christianity or Islam. If his 95% stats of rapists being Christian or Muslim anything to go by, a quick maths reveals that the 1% non Christians/Muslims stand a better chance of being rapists than the religious ones.

Case scenario.

95% are Christians / Muslims (19 rapists), while the remaining 5% (1 rapist) isn't.
From the previous statistics 98% of the entire sample populace (9,800 people ) are Christians/Muslims while the remaining are traditionalists or something else. (200 people).
19 out of 9,800 means probability of finding a rapist among the religious ones is just 0.1%, while the probability of finding a rapist among the rest (1/200) is 0.5%.
I don't have time to dissect the rest of his meaningless post. I just decided to focus on this

See how you use statistics to confuse yourself.

19 rapists out of 9800(0.1%) vs 1 rapist out of 200( 0.5%)

Who have more rapists, 0.1% or the 0.5%?

You see why they say statistics data can be confusing.

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by sureteeboy(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

See how you use statistics to confuse yourself.

19 rapists out of 9800(0.1%) vs 1 rapist out of 200( 0.5%)

Who have more rapists, 0.1% or the 0.5%?

You see why they say statistics data can be confusing?
0.1% means 1 out of every 1000
0.5% means 1 out of every 200

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Afobaba33(m): 10:04pm On May 03, 2021
This is what you hear when you are under the influence of that thing called WEED undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Wolfeye: 10:10pm On May 03, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Kept mute
Where did he get his Data, statistics and facts from to back up his claim

Liberalized men feeling like intellectuals when they can't apply logic to judge an opinion

Keep waiting for data. Hahah. Wait for data.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by SOPoftoday(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
This has not stopped rape apologists. Religion has nothing to do with it.

The problem lies in African society, not religion. Rape culture is a direct reflection of the society and what it permits, under the umbrella of policing women and exonerating men when they commit crimes.

"we are African men we have our tradition" is a more powerful voice than reason or religion for Nigerian men.
And that is the driving force of evil among them.
I’ll advise you think straight and use the quoted lyrics for the purpose and true message as the singer did.. most of y’all are ignorant claiming to be knowledgeable
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Happy2020: 1:48am On May 04, 2021
This rape culture in Nigeria is scary. I’m guessing the percentage of women raped before age 25 is very very high

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by nick50(m): 2:04am On May 04, 2021
This one madness don dey enter market oo ...though i dont support rape but we shouldnt tie it to religion or gender..as for the issue of walking naked by women its condemnable cos valuables should be protected else u attract thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Igbovibes270: 2:27am On May 04, 2021
sureteeboy:

Case scenario.

you wanted to prove that you are a great mathematician but ended up proving that you are mad, ask me how

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by ofiko123(m): 3:41am On May 04, 2021
Who else didn't read the post...
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by pacespot(m): 4:22am On May 04, 2021
I actually don't subscribe to the idea that women were created from men, all living things in this world, both animals and plants, have their male and female versions, so why do we think humans are any different?

Women are not so weak the way society is making us to believe, when the push come to shove and there is nobody to cry to, then you will know that a woman is not that weak. They pretend to cry and you say women are emotional because that is what society has made them to be. They believe society tends them with love and care so they cry over little things, if societal laws are adjusted today in such a way that women are treated equally like men, you will see that we will have less cry-baby women in our society. The only aspect that women can be considered, averagely, weaker than men is physical. Emotionally, what women are emotional about men are not so and vice versa.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by BRATISLAVA: 7:35am On May 04, 2021
cococandy:

I disagree. Even in America where everyone is not religious, it’s the Christians here who are more likely to excuse rapists by placing the blame on the victims conduct.

By the way, the things that many ignorant Africans call “their African culture” is merely western culture that we adopted during colonization. All that misogynist crap, hyper religious bullshit et al, all came from the west.

However, the west is trying to grow past all that nonsense but we are still holding on with both hands because we have been left with no identity except that of slaves. Now we champion their culture more than they do. And then turn around to accuse anyone who speaks against it as “too westernized”. While in truth, it’s the other way around.

What would you say about India and South Africa which have strong rape culture? It's not the religion but cultural/societal beliefs that empower men.

If you ask them, they aren't doing it due to what they heard in the temple or church, but they will tell you they are "African/Indian/Zulu/Gypsy" men and that they have a right to, that it's their culture. We are men, it's in our blood, etc. It's hardly ever about religion except one.

There are many misogynist cultures out there. Religion has tried to unite people, but most secretly hold on to the culture as their identity. Culture is the problem. Culture is created and enforced by people who want to stay in power, usually the perps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by BRATISLAVA: 7:47am On May 04, 2021
DEMZEE:

Please there's nothing like rape culture in Nigeria o.

So ur logic is if Nigeria becomes more gynocentric and femcentric rape will disappear ryt

Even rape still occurs in western societies where they are fucking fully gynocentric
The countries with the highest statistics for rape are androcentric ones.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by 9jaRealist: 8:17am On May 04, 2021
Sunnybay7:
His opinion, rapist and child abusers thrive more under a docile and manipulated system.
If ijesha guy was wealthy you would have seen some hungry people carrying placards up and down trying defend to him.

Baba Ijesha is famous and wealthy enough, but nobody is carrying placards for him - outside of Nairaland!
>
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by 9jaRealist: 8:21am On May 04, 2021
Drinokrane:
Afrobeat singer Seun Kuti has blamed organised religion for the rape epidemic in Africa, saying women walked around naked for thousands of years before the coming of Christianity and Islam, Igbere TV reports.

The 38-year-old made the point in a social media post on Monday in which he declared that “women weren’t created for men.”

According to him, 95 percent of rapists are either Christians or Muslims.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COZxKrnAcX2/?igshid=if5zrg0o12vy

Seun’s statement is coming two weeks after actor and comedian Olanrewaju Omiyinka, alias Baba Ijesha, was arrested for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old girl sexually.

It also coincides with the rape and killing of Iniobong Umoren, a philosophy graduate of the University of Uyo, who left her home in search of employment.

Miss Umoren’s was killed by alleged serial rapist 20-year-old Uduak Akpan who lured her with a fake job offer.

PREACH ON, BRO...

However, MISOGYNY is virtually cultural in Nigeria....
As can be seen regularly on Nairaland - and not just among the legion of Rapist-sympathizers!

>

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by DEMZEE(m): 8:45am On May 04, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
The countries with the highest statistics for rape are androcentric ones.

Show me the stats from this

Also show me the stats that says that the more women are liberated and empowered the less rape cases reduces

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by BRATISLAVA: 9:00am On May 04, 2021
DEMZEE:

Show me the stats from this

Also show me the stats that says that the more women are liberated and empowered the less rape cases reduces
Google is your friend on the first one.

In places where women are liberated, due to the rule of law over cultural bullshit, men know they will pay for their crimes, hence less incentive to rape.

PS:

You know the truth, but online arguments are more appealing to you. What you aim to achieve by oppressing women, only you know. Maybe it will give you the power you crave. Your world in which one half of the population are slaves based on what they are born as is getting stale.

Discussions with you are always going to revolve around you wanting to oppress women so that you can remain "powerful". You will twist and turn everything to that end.

Life to you is a battle of sexes in which men must win. Why? Because they were born as men. It's stale and unproductive. That's why Africa is backwards and barbaric. You're yet to understand that value of women over penis ego.

Continue beating raping and killing and deflecting to other things so that the issues will never be dealt with. That's all men are known for.

Hence no further comment.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 9:06am On May 04, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Google is your friend on the first one.

In places where women are liberated, due to the rule of law over cultural bullshit, men know they will pay for their crimes, hence less incentive to rape.

PS:

You know the truth, but online arguments are more appealing to you. What you aim to achieve by oppressing women, only you know. Maybe it will give you the power you crave. Your world in which one half of the population are slaves based on what they are born as is getting stale.

Discussions with you are always going to revolve around you wanting to oppress women so that you can remain "powerful". You will twist and turn everything to that end.

Life to you is a battle of sexes in which men must win. Why? Because they were born as men. It's stale and unproductive. That's why Africa is backwards and barbaric. You're yet to understand that value of women over penis ego.

Continue beating raping and killing and deflecting to other things so that the issues will never be dealt with. That's all men are known for.

Hence no further comment.

What value do women bring except them being given privilege because of their pussy without any competency they want inclusivity by affirmative actions and quota policies , currently they want to amend our constitution to allow women representative into the House of Assembly

I trust my Islamic brothers in the north to prevent these bill that would waste our time and resources from passing in the Senate

What Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by blackslayer: 9:25am On May 04, 2021
longetivity:
Uncle seun should stop smoking weed

weed can make any idiot have a false sense of wisdom! they say a lot of beautiful empty nothing!
silence they say is always the best response!
the fact is no one was created for anyone! so talk about captain obvious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by BRATISLAVA: 9:25am On May 04, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

What value do women bring except them being given privilege because of their pussy without any competency they want inclusivity by affirmative actions and quota policies , currently they want to amend our constitution to allow women representative into the House of Assembly

I trust my Islamic brothers in the north to prevent these bill that would waste our time and resources from passing in the Senate

What Nonsense
Don't have time for your gender supremacy bullshit.

You will still work for women, and marry them and take care of them. You will have daughters and they will enjoy the world you want them to have as women.

You will even go to war for them, and they will relax at home. Red pill and mgtow can't stop it.

Next topic.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by blueAgent(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2021
Every body comes out to say trash just to be relevant.
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by blueAgent(m): 11:18am On May 04, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

What would you say about India and South Africa which have strong rape culture? It's not the religion but cultural/societal beliefs that empower men.

If you ask them, they aren't doing it due to what they heard in the temple or church, but they will tell you they are "African/Indian/Zulu/Gypsy" men and that they have a right to, that it's their culture. We are men, it's in our blood, etc. It's hardly ever about religion except one.

There are many misogynist cultures out there. Religion has tried to unite people, but most secretly hold on to the culture as their identity. Culture is the problem. Culture is created and enforced by people who want to stay in power, usually the perps

On point.

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by blueAgent(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2021
youngkhid:
undecidedI don't get why everyone's forgetting the message and talking about weed like he's not more intellectual than most of you lot

What message?

Before advent of Christianity and Islam were women not raped and treated like objects?

1 Like

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by cococandy(f): 12:16pm On May 04, 2021
But religion is also a tool of misogyny.
Not to mention that religion is actually part of culture

So while you’re not wrong to blame it on culture, don’t separate the two.
BRATISLAVA:

Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 04, 2021
Re: Women Not Created For Men – Seun Kuti by BRATISLAVA: 1:23pm On May 04, 2021
cococandy:
But religion is also a tool of misogyny.
Not to mention that religion is actually part of culture

So while you’re not wrong to blame it on culture, don’t separate the two.

True, it is a tool of misogyny, used to buttress their cultural preferences. But even the animal kingdom is a tool for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Celebrates 15 Years Of Being A TV Host (Photos, Video) / Pictures Of Psquare On Stage In Malawi With Thousands Of Audience / Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.