Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos (9858 Views)

Aerial View Of Banana Island, Lagos (Pictures) / APC Govt Has Turned Nigeria To Banana Republic Says Falana / The Randy And Corrupt IGP That Is Above The Law And The Road To Banana Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Aconomist: 10:19pm On May 03, 2021
Monkey island.

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Rosskiiku: 10:21pm On May 03, 2021
owobokiri:

Not here to argue blindly. What you just posted are old homes built in the 60s and 70s that are being torn down since the 90s to erect solid more luxurious apartment blocks for the working class...
Believe me when I tell you that most of the environment in that your banana estate are BELOW the standards of working class neighborhoods in Guangzhou or Shenzhen or shanghai or Dalian or..., endless..

The first picture here is that of Clifford Estate in Guangzhou. Lots of Nigerian traders used to live there before. Don't know about now...
90% of the Nigerians living in China, live in places like this..
These huge apartments are sooooooo common and so organized with quality that you can rent and move into a furnished apartment here within 24 hours!
Don't argue, just investigate...
Most of them are even empty, I mean more houses than people in a country over 1 billion people!!!

Look, I'm not a semi-literate or time waster. I deal in pure facts.

You said Banana Island was like a typical working class neighbourhood in Guangzhou.

I showed you a typical working class neighbourhood in Guangzhou, now you are talking rubbish.

That Nigerians live in those buildings you posted means what?

Where should they live before?

In shacks?

Even in America, Nigerians live in the best neighbourhoods, because we are middle class business people and educated people.

But I've shown you were the working class Chinese live in Guangzhou, and it is not in those pictures you posted.

10 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Ckonnet: 10:21pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=javaguru post=101356461] good , everyone can't be rich, but you forgot the 2nd part. how much is it's citizens worth daily. Nigerians, all things being equal is worth above 10,000 daily. the Americans and Europeans is worth

How much are daily wages per hr there that you earn 109 dollars everyday. Abi u dey work through out the day there.
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by afube: 10:22pm On May 03, 2021
Rosskiiku:

I can see the renowned Biafran threads troll has finally gotten a decent past time.....an una go tire

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by PHAYOL81: 10:24pm On May 03, 2021
Rosskiiku:

No they are not. Council houses are really terrible. I've been in them. Very tiny and cramped with many criminals around in the deprived surroundings.

Millions and millions of Nigerian houses are WAY better than your council flats.

That ancient, archaic style architecture is NOT APPEALING to most people on earth today, INCLUDING NIGERIANS.

Mr Colonised dunce, leave your Victorian, Edwardian architecture of 300 years ago and join the modern world!

Boring British goat.

THIS is what WE like,

The person you're quoting is crying within as the pics kept popping up on his/her screen. Why always Lagos
I doubt if he'd ever been outside because a London residents should know the buildings they have there are left the way they are because its their heritage and identity. The modern building they build nowadays are structured in line with today's architectural developments.
Just keep watching their pained asses while we continue to develop what we have. We'll surely get there if we don't stop doing our possible best. At least, Eko Atlantic City is a great example. Eko Oni Baje o
May God continue to bless Lagos state
For a greater Lagos state
May God bless all Yoruba land in general. Ile oodua a gbewa o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 03, 2021
afube:

I can see the renowned Biafran threads troll has finally gotten a decent past time.....an una go tire
He is a patriot that never sees anything wrong with Nigeria or it's fantastically corrupt leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Ckonnet: 10:26pm On May 03, 2021
owobokiri:

Not here to argue blindly. What you just posted are old homes built in the 60s and 70s that are being torn down since the 90s to erect solid more luxurious apartment blocks for the working class...
Believe me when I tell you that most of the environment in that your banana estate are BELOW the standards of working class neighborhoods in Guangzhou or Shenzhen or shanghai or Dalian or..., endless..

The first picture here is that of Clifford Estate in Guangzhou. Lots of Nigerian traders used to live there before. Don't know about now...
90% of the Nigerians living in China, live in places like this..
These huge apartments are sooooooo common and so organized with quality that you can rent and move into a furnished apartment here within 24 hours!
Don't argue, just investigate...
Most of them are even empty, I mean more houses than people in a country of over 1 billion people!!!

These are housing projects where middle classes hide,just like in newyork city. It's not a place to contest relevance with banana island. There is difference between luxury and projects.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by owobokiri(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Look, I'm not a semi-literate or time waster. I deal in pure facts.

You said Banana Island was like a typical working class neighbourhood in Guangzhou.

I showed you a typical working class neighbourhood in Guangzhou, now you are talking rubbish.

That Nigerians live in those buildings you posted means what?

Where should they live before?

In shacks?

Even in America, Nigerians live in the best neighbourhoods, because we are middle class business people and educated people.

But I've shown you were the working class Chinese live in Guangzhou, and it is not in those pictures you posted.

Working class Chinese live in the type of apartments I just showed you. You can splash saliva all over the place, your kettle of fish!
I mentioned Clifford Estate for instance, so you can google that and read up. You are just a victim of your small thinking ability.
You make the mistake of always thinking that what you consider big in Nigeria is big elsewhere. Told you that ordinary Nigerian traders who reside long term in China live in such places simply to drive home the point that it's a working class neighborhood!
You can take a look at my profile pic too.. That's my daughter in a kids playing ground in a working class neighborhood in China about 5 years ago.. Take a look at the background and tell me whether it looks like the old neighborhoods pics you posted. Take a look at the hairdo and dressings of the Chinese in those your pics.. Obviously old pics..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by owobokiri(m): 10:34pm On May 03, 2021
Ckonnet:

These are housing projects where middle classes hide,just like in newyork city. It's not a place to contest relevance with banana island. There is difference between luxury and projects.
There's nothing luxurious about your banana island compared to those "middle class" hideout as you said..
Every necessary living amenities are there.
Quality schools
Gyms
Playing ground
Highly furnished apartments
Recreation centers
Hospitals
Hotels....
Name it...
They're built like gated communities..
What the Chinese government has done to keep her over a billion people happy and quiet is to produce quality living standards at very cheap rates for them..
That should be the crux of this thread, how to replicate such here. Not this chest beating about a very placid looking estate.. just one!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

grin grin

And what does the rest of the country look like ? THINK !! cool

That's just average here in the UK. No biggie.

Lol. Average for who ? David Beckham, Pep Guardiola, Sir Richard Branson, Simon Cowell etal?

Even Kensington, Chelsea and the best part of central London don't come close to Banana Island in grandeur and aesthetic beauty.

Canary Wharf and Docklands would be close to Banana Island but not as naturally appealing because space is a premium therefore limiting home types to apartments in high rise buildings and ruling out the construction of the very stunning and individual palatial homes Banana Island offers.

Other areas of river view appeal like Richmond, Twickenham, Barnes and Roehampton are just small, poncy, overhyped and overpriced addresses most professionals would struggle to afford.

It is not even only banana Island alone that is on show in Lagos. You have Eko Atlantic, ilubirin, Orange Island and many other beautiful and award-winning development the UK just can't match for comparative value and natural geographical beauty.

Like OP told you, forget thinking you're speaking to ignoramuses here with no knowledge of the UK. There are made men in Nigeria who would never live in the UK because their lives in Nigeria is far more grand and opulent. They only come to your UK hood to shop and impress their slay mistresses lol.

12 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by owobokiri(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2021
AbaganaMiracle:

Don't mind that fool called Ross Ike. Those China skysprappers are exactly the type of houses we will build in Biafraland after restoration. Clear off the old dungs called houses in Onitsha, Aba, Owerri, Portharcourt, Warri, Ogoni, Bayelsa, ...e.t.c and build lengths of 50 stories buildings of about 2000 units in each city. I look at those who always say that Biafra has no landmass as stupid people. What do you need a large landmass for (Biafra has a huge land mass anyway) when more than about 5 million people can reside comfortably in 50 stories buildings of about 2000 units

Now somebody is talking..

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by zanshi: 10:52pm On May 03, 2021
Hostel?
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by FiverrTutor(m): 11:20pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Even if I live in a council house, it is better than 95% of the crap you called houses in Nigeria ; and we have running water, constant gas, back garden, beautiful environment , good roads and PEACE of mind. You can't beat that. Oh, I forgot to add, beautful sleep with no fear of robbers.

Banana Island is average here are some rich houses from the UK. Now this is what we call rich.

etc etc

Go and sleep pal.

You're mad!!! U act as if you're the only one who went to London. Look, London is blad, boring and shit!!!!... Go to Singapore and see stuff for yourself. Stop hyping shit london!!!

8 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by FatherCHRISTMAS: 11:28pm On May 03, 2021
The thing is banana Island might be expensive for many to live in but its choice properties. With the right seller, you can get a good deal. Many outside the country who are willing to come back home knows this.
Also, I also deal in properties check this thread out

https://www.nairaland.com/6536468/love-luxury-how-found-home
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Rahkman: 11:40pm On May 03, 2021
Maitama go floor banana island
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Rossinkup: 12:48am On May 04, 2021
FiverrTutor:

You're mad!!! U act as if you're the only one who went to London. Look, London is blad, boring and shit!!!!... Go to Singapore and see stuff for yourself. Stop hyping shit london!!!

Don't mind the guy.

He no even mention betta place, na London e dey yarn.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Rossinkup: 1:00am On May 04, 2021
Ckonnet:

These are housing projects where middle classes hide, just like in newyork city. It's not a place to contest relevance with banana island. There is difference between luxury and projects.

Don't mind that guy.

These people, they type as if they think nobody else on Nairaland goes abroad or knows what's happening overseas, except them.

This is a highly international forum.

They paint this glorious picture of perfection in these places, and when you face them with the truth, they can't handle it.

One even said I'd posted 'old' pictures of Guangzhou.

Talk about being in denial. They reach these countries and live a cocooned life that prevents them from visiting, or knowing about much poorer neighbourhoods around them.

Then they come on Nairaland to tell you they live in paradise.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by princemillla(m): 1:19am On May 04, 2021
Rosskiiku:
Banana Island, Lagos

Walai u get strength o. I just ignore the slowpoke comparing banana island to houses u will find scattered around igando and other local areas.

One was bragging about entering banana island befor I was born. That clearly show how retard most of these guys can be

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by MrFlavvor(m): 1:27am On May 04, 2021
Rosskiiku:

The USA's annual budget is 7.6 trillion dollars.

Nigeria's is 35 billion dollars.

We simply do not earn enough as a country to be able to compete financially man for man with Americans or Britons.

We need to keep diversifying away from oil and gas, as the income from that resource is not enough for a 210 million-strong population.
You're wrong. It would suffice to explore various ways to diversify internally generated revenue options were it not for mismanagement and the average Nigerian's greed
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Rossinkup: 1:44am On May 04, 2021
MrFlavvor:
You're wrong. It would suffice to explore various ways to diversify internally generated revenue options were it not for mismanagement and the average Nigerian's greed

I disagree.

Our entire annual budget of $35 billion is LESS THAN HALF of the US state of California's $77 billion High Speed Rail Construction Project.

Even if you DOUBLED our annual budget, it still wouldn't reach the cost of this single project.

https://constructionreviewonline.com/biggest-projects/top-5-ongoing-mega-projects-in-usa/

There is simply no way Nigeria can be a developed, advanced nation with that kind of low income, even if she was ruled by saints.

YOU need to contribute, if you are a Nigerian, by starting a business that will add to our GDP and build a diversified economy.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Harrykn: 1:53am On May 04, 2021
javaguru:
oga, it's good we have a place to boast of . but of what use is it, when only 1% of the population can afford the life. we will happier if common man is worth at least 5,000 daily.

Common man is always starting new week with 1k or less. Most of us don’t really understand how we survived to this point but so funny we’ll keep pushing till we hit the G-[del]spot[/del] point. God dey.
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Masturbator2020: 4:54am On May 04, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Even if I live in a council house, it is better than 95% of the crap you called houses in Nigeria ; and we have running water, constant gas, back garden, beautiful environment , good roads and PEACE of mind. You can't beat that. Oh, I forgot to add, beautful sleep with no fear of robbers.

Banana Island is average here are some rich houses from the UK. Now this is what we call rich.

etc etc

Go and sleep pal.

Make you shut up nan..Nan only you don't go UK for nairaland?I don't knw why that guy is even replying you.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by YorubaLord: 5:06am On May 04, 2021
maxell:
Nice .

I see ocean parade towers. Lovely cheesy

God bless Lagos kiss

Sharrrapp there! angry
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Basher8583: 6:16am On May 04, 2021
javaguru:
oga, it's good we have a place to boast of . but of what use is it, when only 1% of the population can afford the life. we will happier if common man is worth at least 5,000 daily.

Then get busy and go-to work. Money does not grow on trees

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Ckonnet: 6:48am On May 04, 2021
owobokiri:

There's nothing luxurious about your banana island compared to those "middle class" hideout as you said..
Every necessary living amenities are there.
Quality schools
Gyms
Playing ground
Highly furnished apartments
Recreation centers
Hospitals
Hotels....
Name it...
They're built like gated communities..
What the Chinese government has done to keep her over a billion people happy and quiet is to produce quality living standards at very cheap rates for them..
That should be crux of this thread, how to replicate such here. Not this chest beating about a very placid looking estate.. just one!

Which people are happy, iam not sure you have been to china.
The same china that practices crazy quota system. Do you know someone in chinese hinterland is not permitted to live in Shanghai or any other city unless you are ready to forego your right to some extent. The same chinese that are littered all over Europe and refuses to travel home because of human right abuses.

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by BigDawsNet: 6:54am On May 04, 2021
Lagos can stand alone as a country
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Nobody: 6:55am On May 04, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

grin grin

And what does the rest of the country look like ? THINK !! cool

That's just average here in the UK. No biggie.
Must you guys always wail?

Abeg make enjoy this thread jawe!
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Nobody: 6:59am On May 04, 2021
AbaganaMiracle:
Lagos including Banana Island is a glorified ghetto.
If Lagos state is a glorified village, what will that make your state of origin?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by kettykin: 7:00am On May 04, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Lagos can stand alone as a country
How will it generate revenue
Re: Welcome To Banana Island, Lagos by Nobody: 7:03am On May 04, 2021
afube:

If dem dey post trash from their village, nobody go complain about it been below average.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC: We Need Over ₦500 Billion For 2023 General Election / FG Hands Over Zungeru Power Plant To Concessionaire / Seven Docked For Stealing Govt Goat In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.