Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? (2092 Views)

Gay Couple Who Couldn’t Afford House In UK Buy Entire Village In France (Photos) / Boing Luxury Estates' CEO, Ory. Martins, Two Other Nigerians Honored In Japan / Home Buyers In Abuja Scramble For Boing Luxury Estates Black Friday Discounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 03, 2021
How are Lagosians able to afford properties in these ten luxury Estates when prices range from N80 million-over a billion naira.

Is it mostly corrupt former and current government officials and military officials that live in these estates? Even workers in Shell,ExxonMobil,Chevron,MTN,Total,Nestle,Nigerian Breweries,Access Bank,UBA that earn the highest wages in the country will struggle to own property in one of these estates.

The time stamp for the ten luxury estates are marked.

00:34​-Cooperative villa estate
01:45​ - Amen estate
03:04​ - Victoria garden city
04:21​ - Pinnock Beach estate
05:26​ - Calton gate estate
06:28​ - Nikon town estate
07:24​ - Parkview estate
08:24​ - Osborne estate
09:55​ -Banana island
11:25​ - EKO Atlantic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJr4QVRRJU

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 03, 2021
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique,Seun
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 03, 2021
The first estate Cooperative villa estate according to the narrator of the video is inhabited by mostly former military officials. I was unaware that Nigerian military officials were the highest paid in the world until I heard former Chief of Army Staff Buratai used savings from his snake farm and salary to buy two properties in Dubai.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by jonnathaniheme: 10:48pm On May 03, 2021
I dey tell e

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 03, 2021
Lagosians I need your input:

helinues
Monogamy
Rosskiiku
NGpatriot
flokii
Grayoso
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 03, 2021
jonnathaniheme:
I dey tell e

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 03, 2021
We want to know were the people in these estates pluck money from.I am shocked no member of BMC or TMC crew live in any of these estates shocked.

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 03, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Lagosians I need your input:

helinues
Monogamy
Rosskiiku
NGpatriot
flokii
Grayoso

Most Lagosians can't afford luxurious homes in Lagos. same as most Londoners cannot afford to buy in Richmond, Chelsea and Knightsbridge.

Also similar to how most New York folks can't buy in Manhattan or the Hamptons.

Stop being a loser OP. If you cannot buy in those estates then go and buy a cheap 500 sqm plot in Ibeju Lekki and build yourself a nice4-5 bed bungalow home with swimming pool for a total of around 15 million total outlay.

Life will always be about the haves and have not. Cutting your coat according to your size will always be a reality of life so stop making out that Nigeria and Lagos is different.

It is not by force to live in Lagos when people can buy much cheaper homes in Ogun, Osun, Oyo etal. Even in the UK I know many Nigerians who have left London to move up North because they cannot afford to live in London.

6 Likes

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 03, 2021
Grayoso:

Most Lagosians can't same as most Londoners cannot afford to buy in Richmond, Chelsea and Knightsbridge.

Also similar to how most New York folks can't buy in Manhattan or the Hamptons.

Stop being a loser OP. If you cannot buy in those estates then go and buy a cheap 500 sqm plot in Ibeju Lekki and build yourself a nice4-5 bed bungalow home with swimming pool for a total of around 15 million total outlay.

Life will always be about the haves and have not. Cutting your coat according to your size will always be a reality of life so stop making out that Nigeria and Lagos is different.

It is not by force to live in Lagos when people can buy much cheaper homes in Ogun, Osun, Oyo etal. Even in the UK I know many Nigerians who have left London to move up North because they cannot afford to live in London.
You failed to answer the question regarding how most people can afford to live in these estates.

I gave you the first example of Cooperative villa estate, were the narrator of the video said mostly retired military officials live there and houses cost between N80-N150 million naira. Is it from their military salaries or savings from their snake farm like Buratai these military officials purchase properties in the estate?

2 Likes

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Karlovych: 11:49pm On May 03, 2021
embarassed embarassed One word "Igbos"
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 03, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed One word "Igbos"
Is it from drug money like the landlord of Lagos and former drug baron Bobo Chicago?

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Freestainworld(m): 1:59am On May 04, 2021
Most of those properties are owned by politicians, wealthy business men and women, Yahoo boys, drug barons ( I won't mention name but his people knows him) etc.
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 2:04am On May 04, 2021
Amen estate is owned by former gubernatorial candidate of PDP Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi. There are over 700 homes in the estate and prices range from N200-N280 million naira ($500,000-$625,000 USD dollars) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k1ZRsrGvTU

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by BigIyanga: 2:28am On May 04, 2021
$500k home in Naija without functional street light, pedestrian walk, emergency fire, police, ems, no public portable water? $500k home most US cities is a dream house

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 2:34am On May 04, 2021
BigIyanga:
$500k home in Naija without functional street light, pedestrian walk, emergency fire, police, ems, no public portable water? $500k home most US cities is a dream house
These estates have 24 hour electricity,private security,solar panel street lights and central water system.

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by BigIyanga: 3:09am On May 04, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

These estates have 24 hour electricity,private security,solar panel street lights and central water system.
No sir.. Open drainage. No Fire service, no ambulance service, no portable water. My friend/mentor lives in Pinnock Estate... and he provides his power and water

1 Like

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by gnykelly(m): 4:42am On May 04, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
We want to know were the people in these estates pluck money from.I am shocked no member of BMC or TMC crew live in any of these estates shocked.

they live opposite the estate. they are called upon as errands men

3 Likes

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by YorubaLord: 5:18am On May 04, 2021
BigIyanga:

God bless you my broda. Everything in Nigeria especially Lagos is too overrated! undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 7:51am On May 04, 2021
YorubaLord:

God bless you my broda. Everything in Nigeria especially Lagos is too overrated! undecided

My brother, nothing is overrated if people are paying asking price. If people don't rate it and refuse to pay, then the promoters of those estates will be forced to bring the price down.

What you you will find is that certain individuals own 10, 30 or 50 properties in such developments. I knew of this lady who was involved in forex round-tripping around 2016 (get dollars at cbn rate, then sell to users at black market rate). At the height of it they were buying an average of 1 property every week.
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by milcah5050: 8:51am On May 04, 2021
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2021
Do you need to buy and strategically positioned in any of the Estates mentioned above, here is reliable Estate Consultant. Feel free to hit me up.

Real Estate, New Gold.
Re: How Are Lagosians Able To Afford Properties In These Ten Luxury Estates? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 04, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

My brother, nothing is overrated if people are paying asking price. If people don't rate it and refuse to pay, then the promoters of those estates will be forced to bring the price down.

What you you will find is that certain individuals own 10, 30 or 50 properties in such developments. I knew of this lady who was involved in forex round-tripping around 2016 (get dollars at cbn rate, then sell to users at black market rate). At the height of it they were buying an average of 1 property every week.
100...to some it is an investment

(1) (Reply)

Own Your Dream Land@mainland Gardens / Platinum Park Estate,by The Mfm Camp On The Lagos/ibadan Expressway / Sold Forsale bungalow with unit of flats with fence and gate @ ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.