Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,055 members, 7,828,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer (2536 Views)

Official Presidential Election Result For Ondo Has Been Released By INEC / Obasanjo: "The Danger Posed By Unemployed Youths Is Real & Potent / Oduasolja: The Only ''resource'' Ondo Has In Abundance Is Indian Hemp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:27am On Apr 25, 2011
Ondo has the most potent cannabis, says drugs officer

The Ondo State commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Walter Nicholas has attributed the high rate of cultivation of Indian hemp in the state to the high demand for cannabis planted in the state.

Mr Nicholas, who spoke with NEXT in Akure at the weekend, said the potency of the cannabis being planted in Ondo State is attracting buyers from the 36 states of the federation and this in turn has made its cultivation lucrative.

Ondo State has some of the largest cannabis plantations in the country and drugs officials had warned this might affect food production in the state.

But Mr Nicholas said investigation carried out by his agency showed vividly that cannabis planted in Ondo state is perceived to be of higher quality compared to others planted in other states.

He equally attributed the fertility of the land as another major reason for the large number of cannabis plantations in Ondo State.

"The soil here in Ondo State is very rich for Indian hemp cultivation, the Indian hemp that is grown in Ondo State is the most potent all over Nigeria, therefore it is very costly," he said. "Due to this, many youths have ventured into the plantation of Indian hemp at the expense of other food and cash crops".

The NDLEA boss also accused some land owners of releasing their land to aid cultivation of cannabis, a development which he said has further boosted the illicit trade in the state.

"The accessibility to the land is not helping the fight against the high rate of cultivation of Indian hemp. The owners of this land are conniving with these planters by releasing their land to these people," he said.

He however, noted that the agency has continued to raid the farms with the aim to ensure that the illicit act is reduced to the barest minimum.

He, however said most of the roads leading to the farms are not accessible, saying this has made it difficult for his officers to carry out their operations.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5693077-146/story.csp

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=a4OoHBUnngI2hsbp73t2Iy6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRe87EaUnpgByXq4eM1Y_mnnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Up in flames: a cannabis farm is burnt by NDLEA operatives; The Ondo State commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) attributed the high rate of cultivation of Indian hemp in the state to the high demand for cannabis planted in the state. Photo: COURTESY NDLEA
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:28am On Apr 25, 2011
I am not going lie, I wouldn't mind trying those potent herbs. grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:35am On Apr 25, 2011
I thought Ekiti had the title for the best weed in naija tongue

We need to step up our game, then. . .
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:37am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

I thought Ekiti had the title for the best weed in naija tongue

We need to step up our game, then. . .

The herbs are strong there as well?  shocked

I need to take a trip to the SW. You are probably used to the Cali variety are you not?
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:39am On Apr 25, 2011
Nah I cannot afford to smoke. Makes you dumb. Not a good idea to do it while in school, puts you at a disadvantage.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 25, 2011
I always wonder, after burning those cannibus, do ppl around the area get high?

ekt_bear:

Nah I cannot afford to smoke. Makes you dumb. Not a good idea to do it while in school, puts you at a disadvantage.

We grow them, we dont smoke them.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:40am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

I always wonder, after burning those cannibus, do ppl around the area get high?

Not shown in the background of that picture are the NDLEA agents getting high off of the burning weed grin grin grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:41am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

That is not true. Some of the most intelligent people in the world enjoy it.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:42am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Not shown in the background of that picture are the NDLEA agents getting high off of the burning weed grin grin grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:42am On Apr 25, 2011
What a waste though. . .  angry
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:43am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

That is not true. Some of the most intelligent people in the world enjoy it.

Body chemistry works differently for different people. For some people, it makes them dumb. Others, it has no effect.

Plus if you have a job that subjects you to random drug tests, I think it takes many months to come out of your system. So not a good idea if you'll enter the job market. . . most of these companies do drug tests
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Oh thatz why [b]they [/b]love to burn the weed. Best job ever!
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:44am On Apr 25, 2011
It gives you inspiration. cool

Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Body chemistry works differently for different people. For some people, it makes them dumb. Others, it has no effect.

Plus if you have a job that subjects you to random drug tests, I think it takes many months to come out of your system. So not a good idea if you'll enter the job market. . . most of these companies do drug tests

raise eyebrow.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:46am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

raise eyebrow.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:48am On Apr 25, 2011
Anyway, what do these NDLEA agents expect? You expect a poor man to be growing rice when there is a far more lucrative crop he can plant on his land?  undecided

Free them jor
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:48am On Apr 25, 2011
There would be peace in this world if people followed this path.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Apr 25, 2011
It is potent yet the best way the NDLEA decides to dispose of it is to lite the Igbo up so everyone in the community can get a free round on 'em? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Body chemistry always have effects.

Ask your GF to demonstrate, ok?

Kobojunkie:

It is potent yet the best way the NDLEA decides to dispose of it is to lite the Igbo up so everyone in the community can get a free round on 'em? ROFLMAO!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

Abi. I'd love to go to Ondo during this burning the weed Festival.

Up Ondo!
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:50am On Apr 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

grin grin grin grin

LWKMD cheesy
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:50am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!

Abi. I'd love to go to Ondo during this burning the weed Festival.

Up Ondo!

I would be happy to join you. cool
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by koruji(m): 3:51am On Apr 25, 2011
He must have had a couple of wraps himself - he was factly about its potency grin grin grin

EzeUche__:

Ondo has the most potent cannabis, says drugs officer
The Ondo State commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Walter Nicholas has attributed the high rate of cultivation of Indian hemp in the state to the high demand for cannabis planted in the state.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

I would be happy to join you. cool

Yea, we should go and get high together.

You pay for the plane tickets, ok? No qualms.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:54am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

Yea, we should go and get high together.

You pay for the plane tickets, ok? No qualms.

shocked shocked shocked

Interesting. . . You like smokin Igbo?
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

shocked shocked shocked

Its been on my to-do list for more than 44 yrs.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 3:57am On Apr 25, 2011
Naija is probably a good place to become a marijuana farmer though. Not too many police around, lots of rural places you can do what you want w/o being bothered.

Probably the penalty for being caught isn't too high? Maybe a fine? Probably no jail time.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 3:57am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Naija is probably a good place to become a marijuana farmer though. Not too many police around, lots of rural places you can do what you want w/o being bothered.

Probably the penalty for being caught isn't too high? Maybe a fine? Probably no jail time.

Do you want our nation to be like Colombia?  shocked

Who will be the next Pablo Escobar?
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 4:00am On Apr 25, 2011
Cocaine is different, that is a hard drug. The penalties for cocaine are going to be much harsher than that for marijuana. Marijuana isn't really dangerous. Illegal, but not dangerous. Cocaine is both illegal and very dangerous.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by koruji(m): 4:01am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

shocked shocked shocked

Now you have to learn to sign. Are you talking about smoking Igbo (as in re-mi) or Igbo (mi-do). Just kidding around  grin grin grin

*Ileke-IdI:

Its been on my to-do list for more than 44 yrs.

That is one serious case of procrastination. grin grin grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 4:05am On Apr 25, 2011
Map of marijuana laws by country:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/World-cannabis-laws.png

God bless South America, Australia, Russia, Spain and Portugal, and parts of the USA grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 4:05am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Cocaine is different, that is a hard drug. The penalties for cocaine are going to be much harsher than that for marijuana. Marijuana isn't really dangerous. Illegal, but not dangerous. Cocaine is both illegal and very dangerous.

Remember that the problems happening in Mexico is due to the weed trade. Not cocaine trade. . .

Maybe I should said Mexico.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by koruji(m): 4:06am On Apr 25, 2011
New studies suggest Marijuana might be a cause of schizophrenia in adult life, when young kids smoke http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/teens-who-smoke-pot-at-risk-for-later-schizophrenia-psychosis-201103071676

Nothing conclusive at this point, but makes some sense that anything that puts the brain out its normal state is likely to have some residual effect.

ekt_bear:

(1) (2) (Reply)

NLC Lauds Jonathan, INEC For Free & Fair Ondo Poll / Islam Not The Fastest Growing Religion ....its Dying As More People Flee From It / What Pastors Are Saying About Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.