Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer (2539 Views)

Official Presidential Election Result For Ondo Has Been Released By INEC / Obasanjo: "The Danger Posed By Unemployed Youths Is Real & Potent / Oduasolja: The Only ''resource'' Ondo Has In Abundance Is Indian Hemp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 25, 2011
koruji:

Now you have to learn to sign. Are you talking about smoking Igbo (as in re-mi) or Igbo (mi-do). Just kidding around  grin grin grin

That is one serious case of procrastination. grin grin grin

knowing EzeUche, he meant both.

I am a procrastinator, but I've survived o.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 4:08am On Apr 25, 2011
koruji:

New studies suggest Marijuana might be a cause of schizophrenia in adult life, when young kids smoke http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/teens-who-smoke-pot-at-risk-for-later-schizophrenia-psychosis-201103071676

Nothing conclusive at this point, but makes some sense that anything that puts the brain out its normal state is likely to have some residual effect.

That study is inconclusive. Some people say that people with schizophrenia may self medicate by using weed.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 4:08am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

What if I did? Double pleasure. wink
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Cocaine is different, that is a hard drug. The penalties for cocaine are going to be much harsher than that for marijuana. Marijuana isn't really dangerous. Illegal, but not dangerous. Cocaine is both illegal and very dangerous.

Where in Ekiti do they grow this stuff. I'm going home in less than 2 years, I wanna get high in my own state. I hear Ekiti igbo is stronger than SE or Ondo's own.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

What if I did? Double pleasure. wink

Not with me, buddy.

I abhor "smoking", I approve celibacy. God bless covenant church.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 4:10am On Apr 25, 2011
@EzeUche: Naw, Mexico is cocaine. That is the major reason all that violence is happening there.

I found this interesting:

In an October 15, 2010 article, former Surgeon General of the United States, Joycelyn Elders voiced her support for legalization of marijuana:
"I think we consume far more dangerous drugs that are legal: cigarette smoking, nicotine and alcohol," said Joycelyn Elders, the former surgeon general and a supporter of the measure. "I feel they cause much more devastating effects physically. We need to lift the prohibition on marijuana."[124][125]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

@koruji: Interesting! Didn't know that. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend smoking at all if under 18-19. Or pre-puberty. We had some kids in the neighborhood I grew up in who did; they ended up turning out pretty badly grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by koruji(m): 4:10am On Apr 25, 2011
Now I am ROFLMAO. . .

EzeUche__:

What if I did? Double pleasure.   wink

*Ileke-IdI:

Procrastinating wrt to Marijuana is a good thing.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 4:13am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

Where in Ekiti do they grow this stuff. I'm going home in less than 2 years, I wanna get high in my own state. I hear Ekiti igbo is stronger than SE or Ondo's own.

I honestly don't know. Next time I go, I'll find out. It cannot be that hard to find.

I remember, my dad's driver got jailed for smoking at bar beach grin grin grin My dad had to bail him out, pay like 5K naira to free him. It was very funny.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by EzeUche3(m): 4:14am On Apr 25, 2011
You all are acting like it is hard to find the herb in Naija. It is not hard. Just follow your nose. Be careful where you go though. Especially Ileke-Idi.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 4:14am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

I honestly don't know. Next time I go, I'll find out. It cannot be that hard to find.

I remember, my dad's driver got jailed for smoking at bar beach grin grin grin My dad had to bail him out, pay like 5K naira to free him. It was very funny.

Ok, hook me up when you find out.

Yay! I'm gonna get high. Finally!
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

You all are acting like it is hard to find the herb in Naija. It is not hard. Just follow your nose. Be careful where you go though. Especially Ileke-Idi.

Why?

Are some poisonous?

Nigeria's air stinks in general, so that smell trail no dey work.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by ektbear: 4:22am On Apr 25, 2011
@koruji, I think you misread the article.

This seems to be the key quote:

Young people with a parent or sibling affected by psychosis have a roughly one in 10 chance of developing the condition themselves—even if they never smoke pot. Regular marijuana use, however, doubles their risk—to a one in five chance of becoming psychotic.

In comparison, youths in families unaffected by psychosis have a 7 in 1,000 chance of developing it. If they smoke pot regularly, the risk doubles, to 14 in 1,000.
7/1000 -> 14/1000, who cares. Most people will take those odds.
But the 1/10 to 1/5, wahala dey. So I guess if you have a family history of this particular mental illness, then don't smoke (or at least think more carefully about the risks.)

I should read the two papers more carefully to be sure, but this is my take on what they are saying.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by koruji(m): 4:30am On Apr 25, 2011
I heard this before and got the article just to confirm - not reading it completely. I think your interpretation is consistent - marijuana doubles your risk in both cases, but in addition a big part of the disease is hereditary.

ekt_bear:

@koruji, I think you misread the article.

This seems to be the key quote:7/1000 -> 14/1000, who cares. Most people will take those odds.
But the 1/10 to 1/5, wahala dey. So I guess if you have a family history of this particular mental illness, then don't smoke (or at least think more carefully about the risks.)

I should read the two papers more carefully to be sure, but this is my take on what they are saying.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by koruji(m): 4:32am On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

That study is inconclusive. Some people say that people with schizophrenia may self medicate by using weed.

Yeah, I did say nothing conclusive at this point.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 25, 2011
@Ezeuche

Try it sometime, its cool.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Rhino5dm: 6:52am On Apr 25, 2011
This is it!

cheap grass, huh? little wonder most atimes MaziUche snap in to mental coma.

crack will surely crack your brain. Stay out of hasish. Freindly advised!
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Jakumo(m): 7:27am On Apr 25, 2011
Ileke Idi I am shocked that you are willing to try the Wild Wood Weed, however, if your mind is made up, why wait till your next visit to the promised land of Ekiti before you fire one up ?

Go to California, Young Grasshopper, and once there, visit a doctor to complain about severe back pain.  With a wink, the good doctor will grant you a medical certificate that permits you to LEGALLY buy what you are after from state-sanctioned weed-marts located in all major metropolitan areas.

With the peace of mind that comes from staying within the law, you may then administer your "medication" at home, before reporting back here with your official findings and observations.   Alternatively, you may visit Holland, where over 200 "coffee shops" are open to cater to astronauts from all over the world, and without the need to justify that indulgence on medical grounds as folks stateside in California still have to do.   

Praise the Lord !
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2011
Does that mean there are more ibos in Ondo state than Lagos state ? What can fa ?
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Ibime(m): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2011
Regular weed is not a problem, however there is a preponderance of "skunk", otherwise known as "purple haze" which is known to have 20 times the THC content of regular weed and has some disturbing psychotic effects. I hope this is not the kind of herb being grown in Ondo state.

I do involve myself on average twice a year in the consumption of regular weed, my favourite brands being the yellow or red string Thai version.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by vladimiros: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2011
jesus they should just legalize it.
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
Jakumo:

Ileke Idi I am shocked that you are willing to try the Wild Wood Weed, however, if your mind is made up, why wait till your next visit to the promised land of Ekiti before you fire one up ?

Go to California, Young Grasshopper, and once there, visit a doctor to complain about severe back pain.  With a wink, the good doctor will grant you a medical certificate that permits you to LEGALLY buy what you are after from state-sanctioned weed-marts located in all major metropolitan areas.

With the peace of mind that comes from staying within the law, you may then administer your "medication" at home, before reporting back here with your official findings and observations.   Alternatively, you may visit Holland, where over 200 "coffee shops" are open to cater to astronauts from all over the world, and without the need to justify that indulgence on medical grounds as folks stateside in California still have to do.   

Praise the Lord !

LOL Jakumo, you craze wella grin grin

I prefer the strong ekiti weed o. I'll just be an "innocent passerby" during one of those NDLEA burning-of-weed festivals grin
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by Rossikk(m): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
Ileke Idi said

Nigeria's air stinks in general

Really? I never noticed.

Are u sure it's not your armpits?
Re: Ondo Has The Most Potent Cannabis, Says Drugs Officer by dayokanu(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2011
Can we have the exact location of this burning so I can witness the free high session

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. / Mike Adenuga Was The First Naija To Order Emgncy Plane To Transfer Ojukwu To Uk / Boko Haram Is All About Oil Blocks To Be Renewed In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.