Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Technology In The Way We Live Now A Days - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology In The Way We Live Now A Days (192 Views)

How AI Is Transforming The Way We Create Logos? / Will Chatgpt Change The Way We Think And Do Things? / 5 Future Technologies That Will Change The Way We Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technology In The Way We Live Now A Days by Alinaalden: 12:42pm On May 04, 2021
Thinking back, the worst thing about the days when we had no credit cards (that was only about 30 years ago, for those of you who were not born before 1978) was that we couldn’t simply charge things up in our heads, like we can now. People felt lucky if they had a couple of bucks to spare on grocery shopping. It’s really amazing that we are able to do what we are doing in the technology we have today, and that it is possible to live this lifestyle in such a modern way.

The technology was obviously so innovative when you think of the wonders of electricity and indoor plumbing, but these things were not readily accessible to everyone at the time.

The invention of the electricity power line was exactly that, a significant technological advancement that changed the way people lived in the big cities. People were able to live their modern lives, commute to work and school, to take care of their families and businesses.

We were able to earn a living, to save up for a house, and to enjoy modern conveniences. We were able to save money to build the modern homes that we live in today.

Technology in the Way We Live

Here are some examples of how technology helps people live more connected lives.

Telephone

It’s so convenient to be able to call family members to tell them what you are up to. In the past, we used to write letters, and sometimes that was just impossible. Now we can call anyone in the world, no matter where they are, in the comfort of our own homes. It’s really quite amazing.

Cellphone

It’s a little easier than having to wait for the long distance phone call. We can reach family and friends, just about anytime. So far, we’ve even been able to talk to other countries, even the other side of the world.

TV

We were all right there when that television was invented. Now it’s so easy to watch movies or television programs. Some people have cable and even a television in their bedroom, and they can watch TV whenever they want. That’s pretty amazing.

Smartphone

The smart phone is still a relatively new technology, and although it’s easy to use, it’s not quite as convenient as it could be. I’ve said this many times, and I’ll probably say it many more times in the future: I think that one day technology will be completely separated from the home.

Technology is Not Always A Good Thing

I think that some technology that is just now being invented may end up being an issue. You know what I mean. You get that new phone for your daughter that is so advanced. It has a great battery life, it lets you stream music, and your kids can play games, and they can call anyone from the cell phone.

I think it’s going to be the other way around, where the parents will want technology to disappear from the home, and where technology will want to invade the home. There are ways that technology can help us in our daily lives. But there are also ways in which technology can harm us.

(1) (Reply)

How To Download The Epson Connect Setup Utility On A Mac? / Fix Laptop Blank Screen / You A Nigerian Millionaire, Then You Missed Out On A Seat To Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.