Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Quiet Time With The Holy Spirit And Daily Bible Studies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quiet Time With The Holy Spirit And Daily Bible Studies (350 Views)

As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / For Believers: Bible Studies For Spiritual Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quiet Time With The Holy Spirit And Daily Bible Studies by ochibuogwu5: 6:47pm On May 04, 2021
Some practical steps for having a quiet-time with the Holy Spirit and daily personal bible studies are:

Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give you a hunger for HIS FELLOWSHIP FRESH EVERY SECOND thus
“Abbah Father, fill me with a hunger for your fellowship fresh every second of my life through a daily personal bible studies, quiet-time 1st thing each morning, hearing your voice, and discussing with YOU in my heart by faith fresh every second in Jesus name. Amen.

Start studying 5 or more verses of the Scripture every morning; I will encourage you to start with the gospel according to St John thus John 1:1-5 today, John 1:6-10 the next day and increase as the Holy Spirit gives you capacity and retention.

Please you must not force yourself unto studying 1-chapter each day, I will encourage you to start little with 3-5 verses per day or more.
If you will agree with me start with the Gospel according to St. John chapter 1 from verse-1 to verse-5 today(next day 5-verses and continue like that or increase in number of verses if your understanding and retentive memory can carry it).

Try to get a notebook for your bible studies. Before you start reading; pray and ask thus “Holy Spirit fill me with fresh/new understanding and revelations of Your Word as I study from John 1:1-5 as well as make Your Word to mix with faith in my heart in Jesus name. Amen.”
After reading this 5-verses, write out lessons that you got from it, ask yourself questions like
1. “How does this Word speak to me as if it is GOD speaking to me directly ?”,

2. “In my current situation(job/marriage/business/academics/career/business) of life, where will Jesus Christ now living inside my body want to apply this words as He did while He was on earth in His own mortal-body so that the perfect-will of the Father will be manifested ?”,

3. “How would Jesus Christ Crucified want to use the words contained in these passages to speak to all my friends/family/relations/colleagues/children/parents/siblings/social-media-contacts e.t.c. ?”,

4. “How would Jesus Christ Crucified want to use the words contained in these passages to speak to all Christians all over the world ?”,

5. “How would Jesus Christ Crucified want to use the words contained in these passages to speak to all unbelievers currently in this world ?”……

Then you begin to write out prayers for each of this situation based upon the words of these passages thus
1. Prayers that enables you to see these words as being spoken directly to you from the GOD-HEAD(Father, Son and the Holy Spirit),

2. Prayers that enables the Holy Spirit to help you apply the words of these passages in your current situation of life,

3. Prayers that enables your relatives to encounter these words in their spirit no matter there current geographical locations,

4. Prayers that releases these words fresh upon the hearts of all Christians no matter their current circumstances and geographical locations,

5. Prayers that enables the heart of unbelievers to receive the light of God’s word in their hearts no matter how lost and deep into unbelief they are currently

then
Silence for 2-3-5 minutes for the Holy Spirit to speak more of His revealed words to your heart thus
“Holy Spirit, speak in ways that I can understand you within my heart in Jesus name. Amen.”……

Write down what He told you, if He spoke in that period of silence or else conclude and engage what you have learnt in more meditations(thinking-through in line with what Jesus lifestyle will engage while holding unto these words) even as you engage in concluding prayers and go for your daily activities.

As you keep engaging the GOD-HEAD(Father, Son and the Holy Spirit) in these daily bible studies, your NEW CREATION LIFE IN CHRIST will continue to grow in grace and knowledge of Our Lord Jesus Christ from one degree of glory/holiness to a higher degree of glory and holiness. I hope this helps, if not drop more questions here and the Holy Spirit will help us to engage them adequately.
Great Grace Brethren!!!

(1) (Reply)

Called As Believers And Stewards Of The Mysteries Of GOD / BREAKING: Prophet T B Joshua Is Dead / The reason religion still linger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.