Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Ehite ‘bella’ Asfaw Launches An Abuse & Domestic Violence Support Group - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ehite ‘bella’ Asfaw Launches An Abuse & Domestic Violence Support Group (143 Views)

Bose Alao Apologizes To Husband, Rasaq Omotoyossi After Domestic Violence Claim / Praise Ogbonna Suffers Domestic Violence. - Pictures / Foluke Daramola Fights Against Child Abuse & Domestic Violence With These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ehite ‘bella’ Asfaw Launches An Abuse & Domestic Violence Support Group by YBMBgod: 7:09pm On May 04, 2021
Ehite ‘Bella’ Asfaw Launches An Abuse & Domestic Violence Support group
Ehite ‘Bella’ Asfaw has launched a Domestic violence and abuse initiative aimed at supporting and providing shelter and safe space for people who have suffered domestic violence, especially women.

Bella said the initiative will also tackle other African social issues including but not limited to interracial relationships, me too issues and outdated cultural practices like female genital mutilation.
She says this support group was borne out of the need to empower and support women who are mostly the victims of these abusive practices.

“The support from the Ethiopian community has been overwhelming and even though the main aim was to act as a support group, I want to broaden our objectives and targets. So far I have funded this initiative with own my finances, and I am currently seeking corporate partners to help finance and expand the initiative” Ehite said.

Bella is also making plans to visit Ethiopia next year with aim of promoting her initiative and helping women who suffer domestic violence.
She said studies have shown that domestic violence and other abusive behavior increased more during these months if the COVID pandemic lockdown. Explaining further, she said the lockdown measures put in place to prevent the spread of covid 19, has forced lots of schools and businesses to either close down or furlough their workers so a lot of families were at home so tempers and irritations become heightened due to this.

Ehite ‘Bella’ Asfaw a.k.a BELLA is a Singer, Poet, Spoken word artist, social activist & Philanthropist. She lives in Dallas where she is currently working on establishing herself as a singer, spoken word artist and business owner.

(1) (Reply)

Mustard Seed Assemblies Presents 7days Of Glory / (work Involve) This Will Make You Your First Real Money Online / EKONEWYORKENT Set To Take Over Nigeria Entertainment Industry, See Details...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.