Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges (24244 Views)

Baba Ijesha: Lagos DSVRT Gets Involved In The Case / US Department Of Justice Charges Hushpuppi With Money Laundering / Director In Lagos Ministry Of Youths Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by abeniagbon(m): 5:34am On May 05, 2021
venabili:
Hmmmn.

Charges 2,3,4 will be difficult to prove in court especially if all they have as evidence is the video plus his purported confession. (I didnt hear him confess to defilement)

Charges 1 and 5 should be a shoo in conviction. Whether he will be given the upper limit of the sentences and whether the terms will run concurrently or consecutively is another hurdle. I pray the case is fast so that we can get him off the streets. He is definitely a danger to the society.

Kind of wondering on the charges 2 and 3 though. I thought the first DPP opinion is that it is Statute barred? Or is it that there is a new defilement?

EDIT
I just read a legal write up on Section 218 of the criminal code which sexual assaults and defilement of minors. It is grossly evident that our legislators are absolutely not doing a good job if such a law can exist in its current form.

1. Defilement only applies when the child is below 13years(11years in some state). Action must commence within 2 months of the offender can no longer be prosecuted.

2. If the child is above 13 but less than 16, unlawful carnal knowledge only fetches 2years with or without caning.

There are so many outdated stuffs in the Act except lawyers in the house can elaborate on how DPP got the terms above for a 14year old

you're correct but he is not going alone... Princess will either pay some fine too
he will be charge with 1and 5
but with the two charges he can spend 3 years with whooping amount of money to the court as well
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by Lagoon0: 8:04am On May 05, 2021
Romanoff:

A 14 year old sex who is already sexually active is active cause someone abused her.

Nope two 14 years old having sex are not abused by anyone

Ladies do have this earlier sexual maturity b4 guys.
Most girl at 14 are already menstruating like two years backward.
We the boys that still play rubber in street will be look down upon by our fellow female classmate grin

They see us as children. You're a lady you understand better.

But sincerely if the fight against abuse is not been tackled from the north we're just joking .

Like two years ago I met a girl who is 17, I would have love to have something with her but I told her she's a minor despite knowing she's into runs.

I met another one I was calling child (16). Only to find out she do have sex with her age mate shocked .
I mean small small boys like her.
She was looking for a brother that would be serious with her, so she could kill the person with billing .
I wanted to opt in secretly as its gonna be my first child abuse grin .

Tho I'm also young not upto 30. She refuse politely and I humbly move on knowing its the right thing to do.

Nigeria I not serious about the child abuse stuff .
Let baba ijesha case serve as a warning to pedophile so other victims will have the boldness to speak out .
Shalom
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by venabili: 8:26am On May 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Pocket Lawyer, did you read the sections quoted by the DPP and the punishment?

I did, but went back to read the actual law itself rather than take their word for it. I suggest you do the same.
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by Lifestone(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2021
venabili:

I did, but went back to read the actual law itself rather than take their word for it. I suggest you do the same.
You are not reading Lagos State Criminal law 2015, please check, because from what I saw, Section 218 you quoted is talking about death and not defilement
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by dgang: 10:20am On May 05, 2021
Haha prison is calling ...
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by Juicer117: 11:14am On May 05, 2021
venabili:

A peadophile off the street
maybe you could be masturbating by now grin
venabili:

A peadophile off the street
maybe you could be masturbating by now
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by venabili: 11:42am On May 05, 2021
Juicer117:
maybe you could be masturbating by now grin maybe you could be masturbating by now
Cos of? What's getting a demented guy off the street have to do with that?
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by Toluensdollars(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2021
They finally got dis man, this man is a gonna. He's career and image is over. This will serve has deterant to others who might have the same motive in mind.
Re: Baba Ijesha: Lagos Ministry Of Justice Advises Police To File 5 Charges by Juicer117: 2:32pm On May 05, 2021
venabili:

Cos of? What's getting a demented guy off the street have to do with that?
grin[quote author=venabili post=101399551]
Cos of? What's getting a demented guy off the street have to do with that? trash!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mopol Officer Shoots Man Dead During LG Election In Niger State (Graphic Photos) / Woman Leaves 3 Children At Enugu Police Station, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Police Arrest Seven High Ranking Cultists In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.