Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal (27108 Views)

Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) / How To Successfully Pay Your School Fees On UNIBEN KOFA Online With Your Phone / Oduduwa University "Portal" Hacked By Russian Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Stallion93(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2021
Pay finish
After school
Work no dey
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by charlesucheh(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2021
E be tinz o!!!

All my fees throughout my 4 years in the university wasn't more than 180,000. But see what's happening today. and note I also schooled in a state university o! But the standard of living has not increased per head.
it's well.....

WIKE don hear so
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 05, 2021
some people pay $100k a year for University degree, you are paying 90K ($200) and you are complaining? but you will find 90k to buy phone!!! Tommorow you will graduate and wonder why your $200 degree can only land you a job as a receptionist or Dangote driver.

2 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Stanleyville(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2021
shocked

School fees wey no go fit benefit the students
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Revere27: 12:35pm On May 05, 2021
southsouthking:

No o, laye.
Pickin dey leave papa alone?

Una mean am gan niyen oo
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Stanleyville(m): 12:36pm On May 05, 2021
shocked

Waste of time..you won't learn anything!.
Redundant and egocentric lecturers
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Iseoluwani: 12:38pm On May 05, 2021
I just taught some students government now

rule of law and simply told them not to use NIGERIA as a sane country for any of their explanation

taught them civics there after
fundamental human right.
spoke extensively on rights to education

but here we are ground zero. how does these translate to right to education when sch fees is 90k

useless govt
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Beckham14: 12:39pm On May 05, 2021
MejiLoyon:
See fees for God's sake

All these wise words and sayings dey work everywhere, except naija. I remember one " if you think education is expensive try ignorance". Omo na ignorance sure pass oooo. Where the common man wan take see this money? I left school with 11k something as fees, still scam my mama join E no pinch her. If na now I swear I go just bone school go dey do yahoo. They keep making things difficult and yet they arrest criminals. Who made the criminals in the first place?
You just wasted your energy to type this rubbish.

How are you different from Desmond Ediot?

Stupid comment.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by mrkings84(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2021
And Desmond Elliot will be blamed Las Las
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by fof1: 12:40pm On May 05, 2021
GeneralKoko:
sad Good day Nairalanders

I came here to report a very big problem that should be addressed by the school authority or the state Government.
School resumption is slated for 10th May for returning students and I just went to my portal now to pay my fees . What I saw was far from shocking as the school has added ridiculous fees to milk the student community dry embarassed angry
What is portal access fee
Sports fee
I can't get my hand on all the screenshot but this is bad for struggling students. will
My total school fees is now 90k
This is unacceptable cry

Pls Go and Pay Ur Fees and Stop Complaining...Everything is not Social Media...If Education is Too Expensive, Pls try IGNORANCE. U better hurry up, Fees can never come down instead it will be on d increase Perpetually. Only, Ask for Help God willing, Ur income will increase to meet ur Needs,Pls
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by southsouthking(m): 12:41pm On May 05, 2021
Revere27:

Una mean am gan niyen oo

We no too mean am sha because him do bridge for us.
But if e nor do our Mobile movable electric toilet when him promise us, we go carry him market put for head.
He don do people own, him must still do our own.

1 Like

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by ChilamNk(m): 12:41pm On May 05, 2021
Bro do you have an idea how much Abia State University is paying..? as way back as 2012 may sis payed 80k in Anambra State Uni. Iboariam.

that made me vowed not to put my head in any state uni. and it worked for me.

They don't just care how the economy is nor what parents are passing through.

Some of these states uni. will even apply a "no school fees, no exam" policy on students while they are still owing their parents backlog of salary.

1 Like

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Revere27: 12:43pm On May 05, 2021
southsouthking:

We no too mean am sha because him do bridge for us.
But if e nor do our Mobile movable electric toilet when him promise us, we go carry him market put for head.
He don do people own, him must still do our own.

No worry bro, he go reach una turn grin

Shebi naa mobile electric toilet una want, he go give una grin grin
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by COMPAQ(m): 12:44pm On May 05, 2021
GeneralKoko:

I came here to report a very big problem that should be addressed by the school authority or the state Government.
School resumption is slated for 10th May for returning students and I just went to my portal now to pay my fees . What I saw was far from shocking as the school has added ridiculous fees to milk the student community dry embarassed angry
Sports fee
I can't get my hand on all the screenshot but this is bad for struggling students.
This is unacceptable cry

I don't think N90k fees is unacceptable when you think of what N90k will buy you in the open market. Yet you expect to get N500k a month job in Bank or N1mln in oil company. If you want cheap N20k education, bthrn you should be willing to take minimum wage.

Funny enough, you all will complain that this in unacceptable but still go and pay £20k for masters abroad.

2 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Originalsly: 12:45pm On May 05, 2021
OgbanjeProphet:

Please, which one is SCHOOL TOPUP

The university calling itself SCHOOL .... the top part I have no clue... uni grads... what is topup?... high school drop outs want to learn something today.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by GeneralKoko(m): 12:46pm On May 05, 2021
Busiswaa:
Why all these things dey happen?

Omo I tire like this
I think say I got cash out seff but them don shirt the money hey wey my parents give me
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by GeneralKoko(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2021
na2016:
If these fees will make the school better, so be it. Of what use is it to attend a Nigerian University and you can't compete with others from other parts of the world for a job? N90K is about $220 ooo

School wey 600 person's go dae learn for class of 200 capacity embarassed
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Miyachi: 12:49pm On May 05, 2021
grin grin
To use the portal you're required to pay portal access fee.
I am short of words.
grin grin
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by starstunna1313(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Sports fee
I can't get my hand on all the screenshot but this is bad for struggling students.
This is unacceptable cry

My friend in Abuad took #1.2m naira from the parents for siwes logbook and they did not even bother to confirm it. And still help him to get siwes posting in a place they pay him 120k a month.

I told if I were your parents I will ask if you are paying for the whole school logbook. I guess because they trust him a lot. He is this very very good boy whenever he is at home
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by na2016: 12:52pm On May 05, 2021
GeneralKoko:

School wey 600 person's go dae learn for class of 200 capacity embarassed

I keep saying that some people don't read with an open mind, and sorry, you are one of them.
If the fees are increased and used well, won't the University build more classrooms? Won't they buy more equipment and subscriptions? Won't they employ better lecturers? A lot can be done with an increase in fees and judicious use of such funds.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by The5DME(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2021
Wahala niyen ooh.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 05, 2021
Lol... I dey 300lv... See only my school fees.... Lol... I still no know how I tey hold them #600

2 Likes

Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Cooldiipo(m): 12:58pm On May 05, 2021
This is s tough time for everyone. I have external battery for laptop, do you need one?
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by COMPAQ(m): 12:59pm On May 05, 2021
isthatso:
some people pay $100k a year for University degree, you are paying 90K ($200) and you are complaining? but you will find 90k to buy phone!!! Tommorow you will graduate and wonder why your $200 degree can only land you a job as a receptionist or Dangote driver.

Exactly!! The phone and clothes undergraduates use sef pass N90k. Doubt there is a smartphone less than N40k now. And they will always buy credit throughout the year, but N90k for education is unacceptable!!
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by GboyegaD(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2021
The corruption is everywhere. They collect all this funds yet, there is not a single infrastructure development in most of these universities.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by ecomalchemist(m): 1:34pm On May 05, 2021
Na una wan go school, no future for those wey get msc and even phd.

Best you go to a tech school and learn hot skills (web Dev, digital marketing, UI / UX design, copywriting, funnel hacking and graphics design).

Work remotely and earn in foreign exchange, stay blessed.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by ecomalchemist(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2021
Stallion93:
Pay finish
After school
Work no dey

That's the definition of hustling backwards.

God forbid bad things.
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by bizhop01: 1:43pm On May 05, 2021
Benblaq:
This is a meager compared to what we see in UNICAL. Have you heard of 'Friends Of The School' fee? N500, N2000, N2500 and other little bills during clearance.. man fit craze.. plus the hunger and frustration that comes with sapa and week40 in school. These guys are heartless.. they even added late entry fee to the last exam we wrote.
Unical is one of the cheapest university in nigeria, some university like Abrose Alli university & Delta state university extort over 60k - 75k for only acceptance fee, even federal polytechnic Nekede charge over 30k
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Cnach: 1:58pm On May 05, 2021
bro Me no see any unnecessary payment here o.
U are in a state school and those are ways they make their money or were u expecting they it should take 1million years before they introduce one fee? na just say country hard but blame Elliot for any inconvenience
Re: The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal by Donsheddy: 1:59pm On May 05, 2021
last session they increased the fees from 88k to 132k...
now theyve increased it to 150k.... for non - indigene... where man pikin wan go see the money...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex For Marks In Nigerian Universities: The Untold Stories! / Bukateria, A Nigerian Pidgin Term Enters Oxford Dictionary / Mayowa Mubashir Abiru From Babcock Is Best In Law School Bar Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.