Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? (491 Views)

Which One Is More Serious 'a Sin' Or 'a Crime' / Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Mutaultope(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2021
*IS IT A SIN?*

Christian sister got pregnant and the Church decided to discipline her since she was not married.

When the elders of the Church met and interviewed her, she told them that she has stayed and remained in the Church for several years and no one is marrying her and she is approaching the age of menopause where she can't get pregnant even if married.

So after reading some Christian medical journals on this issues, she decided and did artificial insemination since she too wants a child. She tendered both the medical journals and the medical documents that showed that she has done the artificial insemination from a reputable hospital.

The Sister is pregnant without committing fornication nor adultery with any man.

*NOW, COULD THIS BE A SIN?*

IS IT ALLOWED IN CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM ?
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Acehart: 4:56pm On May 05, 2021
Can you define what a sin is?

1 Like

Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by SportsHD: 5:33pm On May 05, 2021
Mutaultope:

Christian sister got pregnant and the Church decided to discipline her since she was not married.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nephilim: 7:52pm On May 05, 2021
Mutaultope:
*IS IT A SIN?*

When the elders of the Church met and interviewed her, she told them that she has stayed and remained in the Church for several years and no one is marrying her and she is approaching the age of menopause where she can't get pregnant even if married.

So after reading some Christian medical journals on this issues, she decided and did artificial insemination since she too wants a child. She tendered both the medical journals and the medical documents that showed that she has done the artificial insemination from a reputable hospital.

The Sister is pregnant without committing fornication nor adultery with any man.

*NOW, COULD THIS BE A SIN?*

IS IT ALLOWED IN CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM ?
I asked someone and he replies thus:

Well I don't condemn her, and she has done what she feels right, even though it's her decision not God's decision for her.
But,

1. She solely took the decision without involving God, she trusted in her ability to get the Artificial insemination done, is it because she has the money, what of if she doesn't have a penny to her name, would she have done it.? Definitely no!

2. She took the decision without involving the church Elders. If she's fully grounded in that church then what she did was a big insult to the elders of her church except they are aware of it.

3. The sperm that fertilized her egg didn't fall from heaven, it belongs to a certain man she may not know. Which automatically makes her a babymama to the man. Bearing a child without marriage to the man negates the institution of marriage ordained by God which in strict terms the scripture could classify offsprings born from such as children of fornication.

4. She lost her faith. Without faith it's impossible to please God. Sarah was 90 years when she conceived Isaac. I'm sure she's not even up to 50 yet!! You can't say of the wonders God wants to bring from her situation.

5. One day, the child will request to know his father, how will she go about it. Even if she locate the man, and point the son to him, at that time the man might have his own family and she will become the intruder, the home destroyer with a bastard at hand.

So that's it.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 05, 2021
Nephilim:

Well I don't condemn her, and she has done what she feels right, even though it's her decision not God's decision for her.
But,

1. She solely took the decision without involving God, she trusted in her ability to get the Artificial insemination done, is it because she has the money, what of if she doesn't have a penny to her name, would she have done it.? Definitely no!

2. She took the decision without involving the church Elders. If she's fully grounded in that church then what she did was a big insult to the elders of her church except they are aware of it.

3. The sperm that fertilized her egg didn't fall from heaven, it belongs to a certain man she may not know. Which automatically makes her a babymama to the man. Bearing a child without marriage to the man negates the institution of marriage ordained by God which in strict terms the scripture could classify offsprings born from such as children of fornication.

4. She lost her faith. Without faith it's impossible to please God. Sarah was 90 years when she conceived Isaac. I'm sure she's not even up to 50 yet!! You can't say of the wonders God wants to bring from her situation.

5. One day, the child will request to know his father, how will she go about it. Even if she locate the man, and point the son to him, at that time the man might have his own family and she will become the intruder, the home destroyer with a bastard at hand.

So that's it.

All you've stated here are pointers to the fact that she sinned but I don't think she committed any sin eventhough you tried to make it look like she did by citing those instances which may not even happen.

Talking about consulting the elders of the Church, is it everything you do you consult the Church elders? And how did you know she didn't consult God before taking that Decision?

I wanna believe its her choice and has a right to it, provided she didn't engage in any sinful act (: fornication) to conceive.there is no sIn in this case.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nephilim: 11:44pm On May 05, 2021
CharisEleos:

All you've stated here is a pointer to the fact that she sinned but I don't think she committes any sin eventhough you tried to make it look like she did by citing those instances which may not even happen.

Talking about consulting the elders of the Church, is it everything you do you consult the Church elders? And how did you know she didn't consult God before taking that Decision?

I wanna believe its her choice and has a right to it, provided she didn't engage in any sinful act (: fornication) to conceive. In this case, its not a sin.

All I wrote there are facts! Read them all again with an open mind yet as a true Christian.

The sperm that fertilized her egg belongs to a man she's not married to and now they both have a child together, what do you call that "babymama"? Is that an act of righteousness? All acts of unrighteousness is sin 1 John 5:17.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 05, 2021
Nephilim:
All I wrote there are facts! Read them all again with an open mind yet as a true Christian.

The sperm that fertilized her egg belongs to a man she's not married to and now they both have a child together, what do you call that "babymama"? Is that an act of righteousness? All acts of unrighteousness is sin 1 John 5:17.

What facts? Biblical?
They are strictly your opinion, Sir.

No need tagging it "baby mama" just to drive home a point. She's only going to be a single mother. Period!

Let God be the judge of this. We humans are always quick to judge and tag some actions sin and unrighteous even when God has not said so.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nobody: 4:40am On May 06, 2021
Science has just started. Everything is being redefined. The decision of her religious elders cannot be trusted. Infinity is in play. These present confusions are scenarios I considered many years ago when men were blinded. I think it is a gift to be able to have insight into the future. And presently, I have seen the future again. I mean scenarios which can happen. The future is already around. Science redefining what sexual sins are. Of course everyone will give explanation based on how far he/they can see, but science is moving even at a speed faster than light. The future is hard to tell many because they are children of present who are easily deceived. How can they believe the future? The ones I pitied most are denominational people who decided to obey some men who brainwashed them. They have themselves to blame the day that veil will be removed from their eyes. To live in lies unknowingly is really a tragedy. I always disassociate myself from such people because they are losers. Yet, they will argue with one with all their strengths. He who can see the future has no choice but to just allow them in their ignorance. But there is a law: Ignorance is not an excuse. They have a head which they can use to think and reason well too, but they choose to be slaves in the hands of manipulators.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Kobojunkie: 5:40am On May 06, 2021
Nephilim:

But,

So that's it.
Who in the world gave you this hogwash for a legitimate response to the concern here? None of the 5 points make sense where God's Word is concerned. Abeg throw that list in the trash where it belongs! undecided
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nephilim: 7:53am On May 06, 2021
CharisEleos:

What facts? Biblical?
They are strictly your opinion, Sir.

No need tagging it "baby mama" just to drive home a point. She's only going to be a single mother. Period!

Let God be the judge of this. We humans are always quick to judge and tag some actions sin and unrighteous even when God has not said so.
Oh! I thought you are a Christian, so you think what she did is just, right? Prov 3:5.

And the bolded, why drifting away from the fact? Whether babymama or single mother are such in the constitutionalised plans of God for a home, never. Single mother is the same thing as babymama. If the marriage is established and the husband is no more or they separate, you don't even call the woman single mother but a widow or divorcee.

And I hope it's not because of me you went to re-opened a new moniker just to reply, lolz.

Many of you don't even know the God you serve. So if she appeared before God this minute, The Lord will say "welcome faithful servant you've done what is right, since I couldn't give you a husband and child won't come, you've done what is just best for you, enter into the joy of your Lord"
Such is never part of the ways of The LORD.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 06, 2021
Nephilim:
Oh! I thought you are a Christian, so you think what she did is just, right? Prov 3:5.

And the bolded, why drifting away from the fact? Whether babymama or single mother are such in the constitutionalised plans of God for a home, never. Single mother is the same thing as babymama. If the marriage is established and the husband is no more or they separate, you don't even call the woman single mother but a widow or divorcee.

And I hope it's not because of me you went to re-opened a new moniker just to reply, lolz.

Many of you don't even know the God you serve. So if she appeared before God this minute, The Lord will say "welcome faithful servant you've done what is right, since I couldn't give you a husband and child won't come, you've done what is just best for you, enter into the joy of your Lord"
Such is never part of the ways of The LORD.

I am a born-again christian by the grace of God. Just trying to see where the "sin" o. This whole scenario lies.

I'm not the moniker you think you know. Sorry.
Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nephilim: 2:29pm On May 06, 2021
CharisEleos:

I am a born-again christian by the grace of God. Just trying to see where the "sin" o. This whole scenario lies.

I'm not the moniker you think you know. Sorry.
No problem, I was only inquiring on the moniker. Anyway I pray God will enlighten you more on this issue and will grant you strength to do more for His kingdom, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Ivf For A Single Lady ..... Sin Or Not ? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 06, 2021
Nephilim:
No problem, I was only inquiring on the moniker. Anyway I pray God will enlighten you more on this issue and will grant you strength to do more for His kingdom, Amen.

Amen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are Living On Borrowed Time! JESUS Is Coming Quickly! / Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary / If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.