Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? (570 Views)

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? / Worry Never Changes Anything, Prayer Does. God Answers Prayer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2021
I think God has given man all he needs to make the changes he wants to happen in his life. God cannot do for us what he has given us the power to do for ourselves, despite that, we continue to ask him for a miracle.

Rather than looking inwards and discovering our inner strengths... we pray and then leave God to do all the work, hoping that things will change... but sadly they dont.

Nigeria was quite better in the 90's and since then we have been praying tirelessly for it to get even better, but as mornings turned to nights, weeks turned to months and years turned to decades, the status-quo in 2021 is even worse-off after all the prayers and fasting.

What this means is that "we are all categorically wasting time praying... praying in vain !!!

E.g A foolish man will pray to his God, asking him for food after his 'Chi' had already blessed him with some fertile lands, good enough to start a farm... he keeps fasting and praying hoping that one day God will answer his prayer.

He died of starvation and someone else acquired his land and started a farm.

Nigeria is a third world country that's rather declining in its development despite all the fasting and prayers.

China worship no God yet their economy is among the best in the world.

Malaysia, Singapore and Dubai, china, Saudi Arabia and others focus more on human capital development to become one of the best in the world.

...but Africa depends on their religion, praying day and night... believing God will send his Angels to them to help them out of their self-inflicted doom.

Wake up people... wake up !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Gentlerespect76: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2021
They have come again. Everyone venting their frustrations on God. Well, you gat the right; cause he is ya father!
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2021
Lalasticlala... FP plsgrin
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Righteousness2(m): 11:41am On Aug 07, 2021
The things of GOD is Foolishness to them that Perish.

The reason you have a Country that is spared from the Wrath testing the Mic all over the nations today is because of the " Few righteous ones here who are standing in the Gap.

The reason the country have not be swallowed up with Grave Disatrous Disaters despite the evil here is the few Holy ones Standing in the GAP.

Very soon, the People standing in the GAP will be taken away so will understand events better and appreciate GOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by heniford2: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2021
God doesn't exit

2 Likes

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers?..

Did you not also hear and read that the prayers of sinners are an annoyance and abomination to God?

So how can He ever listen to the prayers of Sin Filled Nigerians?
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not also hear and read that the prayers of sinners are an annoyance and abomination to God?

So how can He ever listen to the prayers of Sin Filled Nigerians?
Are the chinese any different or the Americans or the british? Compare their country with urs

U would happily spend your fortunes up to the last penny to become a citizen of these foreign countries

1 Like

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness2:

The reason you have a Country that is spared from the Wrath testing the Mic all over the nations today is because of the " Few righteous ones here who are standing in the Gap.

The reason the country have not be swallowed up with Grave Disatrous Disaters despite the evil here is the few Holy ones Standing in the GAP.

Very soon, the People standing in the GAP will be taken away so will understand events better and appreciate GOD.

Yep!

As you can see they have started attacking Nigeria and Nigerians through their movies, Grammy awards, "international recognition" and their usual attack weapons.

2 Likes

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2021
heniford2:
God doesn't exit
There is a God. He has done his work on what he created on earth. Leaving them to sort themselves out while he minds his business.

But the inhabitants of earth will never let him rest or focus on other things or even mind his business in peace... they'll never stop bugging him with prayers.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
I want a strong argument on this thread.

1 Like

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
Are the chinese any different or the Americans or the british? Compare their country with urs

U would happily spend your fortunes up to the last penny to become a citizen of these foreign countries

grin since the 80s and till tomorrow I could always go and be a citizen of any of those your celebrated countries. 90% of my family are there and they have been compelling me to join them for years, but I refused.

Why? I know better.

They are the Children of Rebellion that the Bible spoke of and therefore, I knew that they are Cursed of God.

And in God's Goodness that because they shall have an Eternal life of Damnation, He gave them them His Hidden Treasures which they are using to deceive and kill the souls of you all.

Which is also why you see the Plagues which is clearly stated in the Bible falling on them, yet people are still foolish to think of going there.

Anyway, they are the same, one to another.

So, no, I am really enjoying The Unending Blessings of The Lord here in Nigeria and I am Very Much Satisfied, eating what I like, going where I like and very much enjoying my work exactly as as The Lord Promised shall be the portion of such who keep His Commandments and Statutes and Precepts and Judgements!
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
heniford2:
God doesn't exit

That is exactly what the comb and sharpener which fell to the bottom of your wardrobe says about you.

"You do not exist either!'
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by kingxsamz(m): 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
They'll tell you "faith without work is dead", but their leaders have already crippled whatever work it is they might be doing. They'll say it's because of our leaders. The same leaders their pastors prophecied that they were coming to save us?
If things can happen with just "work", and things can happen with "work and faith", but faith alone can't make things happen, then faith and prayers are useless.
prayer only works when someone is looking for their car key, or when someone has a headache, or when someone doesn't want rain to spoil their event. Funny lots.

1 Like

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by DappaD: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers?

The simple answer is that people do not know what prayer stands for and what they should pray for. Prayer is a way of communicating with a deity/supreme being. In this context, it is the worshipful address made to the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Psalm 5:1

The Bible makes it clear that God only listens to prayers that are in harmony with his will and purpose(1John 5:14) and as outlined by Jesus on the Sermon on the Mount, the popularly known “Lord’s Prayer” gives clues on what we should say when we pray. Matthew 6:9-14
The verse 10 says in essence that we should pray for God’s Kingdom to come to the earth since it is in harmony with God’s will

So what’s the essence of praying for a country to get better when God has already promised a better world in the future on earth by means of his Kingdom? Psalm 37:11, 72:7-8, 12-16; Daniel 2:44; 2Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-4
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by 1Sharon(f): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin since the 80s and till tomorrow I could always go and be a citizen of any of those your celebrated countries. 90% of my family are there and they have been compelling me to join them for years, but I refused.

Why? I know better.

They are the Children of Rebellion that the Bible spoke of and therefore, I knew that they are Cursed of God.

And in God's Goodness that because they shall have an Eternal life of Damnation, He gave them them His Hidden Treasures which they are using to deceive and kill the souls of you all.

Which is also why you see the Plagues which is clearly stated in the Bible falling on them, yet people are still foolish to think of going there.

So, no, I am really enjoying The Unending Blessings of The Lord here in Nigeria and I am Very Much Satisfied, eating what I like, going where I like and very much enjoying my work exactly as as The Lord Promised shall be the portion of such who keep His Commandments and Statutes and Precepts and Judgements!

Yeah right.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by 1Sharon(f): 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
DappaD:
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers?

The simple answer is that people do not know what prayer stands for and what they should pray for. Prayer is a way of communicating with a deity/supreme being. In this context, it is the worshipful address made to the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Psalm 5:1

The Bible makes it clear that God only listens to prayers that are in harmony with his will and purpose and as outlined by Jesus on the Sermon on the Mount, the popularly known “Lord’s Prayer” gives clues on what we should say when we pray. Matthew 6:9-14
The verse 10 says in essence that [b]we should pray for God’s Kingdom to come to the earth since it is in harmony with God’s will

So what’s the essence of praying for a country to get better when God has already promised a better world in the future on earth by means of his Kingdom? Psalm 37:11, 72:7-8, 12-16; Daniel 2:44; 2Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-4

So God wants Nigeria to remain a shithole ? grin
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by kingxsamz(m): 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness2:

Lol, Christians are funny.
What disaster could be worse than genocides, terrorism, high level of insecurity, malnutrition, extreme poverty, apartheid, slavery, child labor. Etc ? What does Africa want to experience again that it hasn't already experienced? undecided Even foreign countries we strive to go to have even given gay people the right to do what they want, (the same thing the Christian god destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for) yet they're living 100x better than us. Prayer is the most useless act that ever existed.

5 Likes

Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by DappaD: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
Leaving them to sort themselves out while he minds his business.

I strongly disagree. It was never God’s plan for humans to be alienated from him. In fact, he wants humans to draw close to him and he himself took the initiative to make that happen. James 4:8

The first man Adam had the opportunity of working hand in hand with God himself that’s why God told him at Genesis 1:28
“Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

Already, God had given him the assignment of naming the animals according to what suited him(Adam). Genesis 2:19
There were even an abundance of minerals in the Garden of Eden(Genesis 2:11,12) So Adam would need God’s guidance on how to properly use and harness those minerals for improving the standard of living. That was God’s plan from the beginning and as time went on, Adam would still need guidance on so many other matters that was why the tree of knowledge was put in the garden(Genesis 2:17) so that Adam and his future progeny would know that despite all they would achieve on earth, there was still someone superior to them who would set the standards of right and wrong amongst humans so that there would be no chaos.

But as most people are familiar with that story, we know that everything came to an abrupt halt when Adam and Eve disobeyed a simple instruction and instead brought sad and disturbing consequences on their offspring. Genesis 3:1-19, Romans 5:12

That doesn’t mean God abandoned his earlier purpose for mankind and the earth. Isaiah 55:10,11 (that’s why he sent his Son to the earth, but that’s a topic for another day).

The truth is that if everyone on earth listened to God’s commands as stated in the Bible, our problems would be 99% solved. Isaiah 48:17-18
If God was working directly with humans on how to properly use these minerals on earth 100%, trust me there would be nothing like pollution and global warming. That’s why God has promised to put an end to those who are misusing the earth’s natural minerals/resources and who are ruining the environment in the course of greed. Revelation 11:18

The essence of my write-up is to put it to you that humans need guidance from God on how to live their lives and care for the environment, because it is not in us to direct our steps on our own. Jeremiah 10:23
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by DappaD: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2021
1Sharon:

So God wants Nigeria to remain a ----hole ? grin

If that was ALL what you could get from my write-up, by all means suit yourself. I don’t usually reply trolls so consider yourself lucky.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by 1Sharon(f): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
DappaD:

If that was ALL what you could get from my write-up, by all means suit yourself. I don’t usually reply trolls so consider yourself lucky.

You must think you special grin

What else did you mean by this comment ?

The Bible makes it clear that God only listens to prayers that are in harmony with his will and purpose
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Elmaaq: 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
I think God has given man all he needs to make the changes he wants to happen in his life. God cannot do for us what he has given us the power to do for ourselves, despite that, we continue to ask him for a miracle.

Rather than looking inwards and discovering our inner strengths... we pray and then leave God to do all the work, hoping that things will change... but sadly they dont.

Nigeria was quite better in the 90's and since then we have been praying tirelessly for it to get even better, but as mornings turned to nights, weeks turned to months and years turned to decades, the status-quo in 2021 is even worse-off after all the prayers and fasting.

What this means is that "we are all categorically wasting time praying... praying in vain !!!

E.g A foolish man will pray to his God, asking him for food after his 'Chi' had already blessed him with some fertile lands, good enough to start a farm... he keeps fasting and praying hoping that one day God will answer his prayer.

He died of starvation and someone else acquired his land and started a farm.

Nigeria is a third world country that's rather declining in its development despite all the fasting and prayers.

China worship no God yet their economy is among the best in the world.

Malaysia, Singapore and Dubai, china, Saudi Arabia and others focus more on human capital development to become one of the best in the world.

...but Africa depends on their religion, praying day and night... believing God will send his Angels to them to help them out of their self-inflicted doom.

Wake up people... wake up !!!

One of the many questions I asked myself

I realized that He doesn't want Nigeria to exist
Nigeria is a crime and a blight on humanity
That we survived is a miracle
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by budaatum: 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
They have come again. Everyone venting their frustrations on God. Well, you gat the right; cause he is ya father!

Actually,the op was venting his frustration on the lazy fuqs who abandon the fertile land that God gave them and then request a harvest from God!
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by 1Sharon(f): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
heniford2:
God doesn't exit

If he does. He hates black people.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Can a motor car say to it's manufacture why are the roads in the country it is been driven bad? Seems this is the same with Nigeria
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Why? I know better.

what you fail to understand is that armageddon has started in your country already and very soon you'll be gnashing your teeth for not joining your family abroad.

U are treated much worse than an infidel and a slave in your own country of birth... u are treated much worse than a second class citizen who practically provides everything for himself... barely surviving on one square meal per day yet u label fortunate Nigerian emigrants who chooses to become candidates of paradise on earth... leaving u behind to wallow in the abyss darkness called Nigeria.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness2:

...and who are the holy ones... dont mention your name already cos u have fornicate twice today within a space of 4hrs.cheesy
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
what you fail to understand is that armageddon has started in your country already and very soon you'll be gnashing your teeth for not joining your family abroad.

U are treated much worse than an infidel and a slave in your own country of birth... u are treated much worse than a second class citizen who practically provides everything for himself... barely surviving on one square meal per day yet u label fortunate Nigerian emigrants who chooses to become candidates of paradise on earth... leaving u behind to wallow in the abyss darkness called Nigeria.

grin let me patronize you even though I would have said your supposed Armageddon began since 2015 or thereabout, but you people were so dead that you did not feel it's effects until these past 2 years.

But for me and my household, we are fatter than we have ever been exactly as the God Said "the righteous are kept safe from all plagues and evil"

So without going into details my family is even shocked that I am faring much better than they who are abroad, and thus, they have altogether stopped pressing me to relocate.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin let me patronize you even though I would have said your supposed Armageddon began since 2015 or thereabout, but you people were so dead that you did not feel it's effects until these past 2 years.

But for me and my household, we are fatter than we have ever been exactly as the God Said "the righteous are kept safe from all plagues and evil"

So without going into details my family is even shocked that I am faring much better than they who are abroad, and thus, they have altogether stopped pressing me to relocate.

u dont have to lie bro... u need helpcheesy
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
u dont have to lie bro... u need helpcheesy

What do I have to gain for lying to you?

Am I begging you to Follow Christ?

You people's lamentations only makes us Fear The Lord even more and with great thanks and joy, we appreciate what He has done and is doing for us.

So of course this is always an opportunity for us to Openly Declare the Sure Truth of The Lord and Raise His Name.
Re: If God Answers Prayers, Why Is Nigeria This Bad In 2021 Despite All The Prayers? by MadeINchenzen2: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

What do I have to gain for lying to you?

Am I begging you to Follow Christ?

You people's lamentations only makes us Fear The Lord even more and with great thanks and joy, we appreciate what He has done and is doing for us.

So of course this is always an opportunity for us to Openly Declare the Sure Truth of The Lord and Raise His Name.
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Naira Notes I Was Saving For A Trip To Nigeria Are No Longer In Circulation. / 51 Spiritual Questions And Their Answers / How To Spend The Christmas Holiday In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.