Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? (13843 Views)

I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters / LASEMA Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Who Reported A Robbery Attack In His Area / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by cybersoldiers: 11:59am On May 06, 2021
Report them to ESN
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by akajos4real: 12:00pm On May 06, 2021
It is a PR stunt. They never handle or attend to complaint. They dont even acknowledge receipt of complaint not to talk of acting on them.
Sorry to say, It is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Kingpele(m): 12:00pm On May 06, 2021
The truth is that they won't act on it immediately,cos it requires proper investigation

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Rickbronz(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2021
following

Meanwhile get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. Check my signature.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by PrisonEscapee(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2021
The best platform to report the police is social media. Go spread your frustration on Twitter and Facebook and beg people to retweet your tweet.

It works!

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Babaibeji2020(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2021
harakiri:
I was illegally arrested and locked by SARS 10 years ago...I took the case to FSARS only for the accused to call and tell me he and his blood sucking crew are waiting for me at FSARS DPO office and I should come on time coz they have other things to do.

I changed my SIM card immediately.

Nuff said.
grin Funny but you lied!
FSARS don't have a DPO undecided

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Pierocash(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2021
harakiri:
I was illegally arrested and locked by SARS 10 years ago...I took the case to FSARS only for the accused to call and tell me he and his blood sucking crew are waiting for me at FSARS DPO office and I should come on time coz they have other things to do.

Nuff said.

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by esthel(f): 12:08pm On May 06, 2021
go and report them on twitter, try to get engagements
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 12:09pm On May 06, 2021
Just last week, this guy did. In Ogun State. LASU students. Police has dismissed them and when JUSUN calls off the strike necessitated by state governments not wanting to grant Judiciary autonomy, they will be charged to court. https://m.guardian.ng/news/police-dismiss-three-officers-for-allegedly-extorting-lasu-student/

I've seen some cases like these.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by 12Chibuike(m): 12:09pm On May 06, 2021
No wonder
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by RoyalBoutique(m): 12:11pm On May 06, 2021
harakiri:

Nuff said.

Fear fear

That's why they will always intimidate you.

All the law enforcement agents that crossed my line are either dead, about to die or very loyal.

If I've complained to the relevant authorities and didn't get any response, I will go to alusi and make my case there.

Alusi no dey wast time to bring justice.

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by yoged(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2021
sherylbaky:
To call the story short guys, I had an encounter with police officers earlier where extortion was involved. Then it occurred to me that when we experience similar issues from some organizations we can actually report.

We know we can always report banks to CBN and telecommunications to NCC. I read up on how to report police officers and got some clues, like reporting to Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), even though I understand this is a government thing.

But I later got to know the unit is a division under the public police force itself. So I have this doubt if it would be active like NCC/CBN.

Has anyone here ever reported and experienced a positive result after reporting?
Or is there any other way to report them?
please tag them on twitter . believe me you'll get your money back . My friend got his money back through that means..

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Mo10go(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2021
Yo Stop this do that
Bro,police is your friend when u do the traditional rite and when you failed to pay bride price the entire Police family is against you, Police is always my friend since I reported someone to them not knowing it was a good tithes Friend of them, I was bundle out of my room same midnight for accusing their friend with one abandoned Hilux turn to korope...when I see them on sight I'm Fuvkin loyal �
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by iammo(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2021
Fear of the unknown won't let people report

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by bekpo(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2021
It was before not now Anymore
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2021
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by bareal(m): 12:21pm On May 06, 2021
Naija police?

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Jagaban99(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2021
Yes I have reported a case of extortion to them before and i got my money back, with deserved apologies under 24 hours

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by emmyN(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2021
Tried unsuccessfully. They are only good at issuing tracking number.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Ngowatching: 12:26pm On May 06, 2021
If u want to report a police officer, go to police headquarter ask for provo's office, with 100% guarantee they will do the needful

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Oladelepedro: 12:31pm On May 06, 2021
I had an encounter with some officers and they extorted 50k from me,claiming my car was a stolen vehicle. I reported to Pcrru and they returned my 50k back. So far so good they are on point

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by movid(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2021
sherylbaky:
To call the story short guys, I had an encounter with police officers earlier where extortion was involved. Then it occurred to me that when we experience similar issues from some organizations we can actually report.

We know we can always report banks to CBN and telecommunications to NCC. I read up on how to report police officers and got some clues, like reporting to Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), even though I understand this is a government thing.

But I later got to know the unit is a division under the public police force itself. So I have this doubt if it would be active like NCC/CBN.

Has anyone here ever reported and experienced a positive result after reporting?
Yes I think there's an organization like that. My uncle once told me and even showed me his ID card and I think it's tht same organization. He said if any police tries to harass you, just show the officer your ID and the officer will drop the case instantly i.e if it's a case of extortion. He said they usually have meetings with top police officers every Sun. Note- that my uncle is a business man.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by InvertedHammer: 12:40pm On May 06, 2021
harakiri:

Nuff said.
/
They were in serious trouble. That's why they threatened you to see if you would chicken out. And you did. grin grin Case closed.

/

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by BigBizzy(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2021
All police men dey the same whatsapp group...them go still find way use you shine
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by elitejayjeff(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2021
I called them sometime last year or so when those police men at Banex Abuja stopped us for nothing, they spoke with one of the police men and they free us immediately.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Coldie(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2021
Hashabiah:
How can you be reporting thieves to thieves? My dear, the only way you can get justice is if you're rich and well connected. But as far as Nigeria is concerned, reporting to the police to higher authorities is just a waste of time.

P. S : I speak from experience
What is ur experience
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Charmingrascal(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2021
sherylbaky:

I did, in 2018 when I was in school.
I had some issues with a Police Officer in the Village where I resided and after like 3 weeks of my complaint, the people from Force Headquarters Public Complaint Unit came.

The Police man involved including the DPO of his station and his other colleagues apologized to me furiously because the guy was about loosing his job right there.
It was a physical assault case, I spent money treating myself.
He was asked to double the money I spent and asked to pray to his God that I don't take the case beyond there, obviously if I did he would loose his job.

I let it go after much pleads.

I don't know if the unit is still effective at the moment tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 06, 2021
Last time I did that was in 2016, cru has degraded since el bubu took over, very sad.
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by Taeewo(m): 1:17pm On May 06, 2021
skillmyman:
look for Abayomi Shogunle on facebook. He was the one in charge of the police complaints unit. am sure he will direct you.
Its now Ishaku....Dem don comot Shogunle teytey..
Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by bomsilaga(m): 1:20pm On May 06, 2021
sherylbaky:

it works very well. Make sure you have all details before calling. They will easily take care of the situation but be ready with evidences as the erring officers can lie for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? by baconline(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2021
I have a number of times and the response is very good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Heard Of Oke-ite Charm? Do You Know What It's All About? / My Experience With Swindlers / Boy Commits Suicide Over Parents Constant Arguments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.