Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

It Took Me Late To Learn this Lesson about trust - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Took Me Late To Learn this Lesson about trust (295 Views)

Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Took Me Late To Learn this Lesson about trust by felt: 6:41am On May 06, 2021
Please matured minds only.

Maybe I am being negative because experiences have thought me not to allow any negative emotions to cloud my reasoning to be completely one-sided, however,

I had a past experience that has affected my level of trust in people as a whole. I was in this relationship and had two very close friends. At the beginning of the relationship, I used to tell friend A-call him Ody- a lot of things(of course not everything), I mean, I trusted him to the point I could share thoughts, ideas, plans. I am one of those who shares thoughts sometimes to echo what I am thinking if it makes sense morally, etc.

However, in the first fight with my then GF, she attempted to contact Ody about it which I stopped, I did not know she went behind me to still contact him. I expected that he will at least call to speak to me on the case, but then he actually contacted her privately where- I still have no idea what they spoke about because he asked her to delete all traces. Of course, I found out and confronted him, (we sort of "okayed it") but it just never sits well with me to this day. I mean a simple conversation would have been respectful.

2nd issue happened over time during the relationship, I had more fights with this girl who also contacted friend B - Dennis- who as well did not speak to me from then. She met and got close to Dennis and his cousin-sister through me, however, in moments of disagreement, she will often go to live with him. At the very least, I expected him to first ask me what is wrong because I truly was feeling a lot of pain, but he will instead speak with her where they discuss me. I found this very disturbing especially as she will not be aware if I and friend B were on talking terms at that moment. She will then go over and pour my whole relationship issues there. I really felt violated when this would happen.

Of course, if you want to know, I mentally shut down and went mute, till the relationship dissolved, no one to talk to. I feel really violated and thinking of blocking all of them from my life now (in the aftermath) cos sometimes, it annoys me. Of course, I still have other friends who still believe me given the experiences, but I am thinking of confronting and blocking these ones completely.

For most of my life, I thought it was easier to trust guys than girls, but now I am thinking otherwise, in fact, I now do prefer the female company to male, because I already know what women are capable of, with men, I feel it is snake behaviour.
Re: It Took Me Late To Learn this Lesson about trust by Opak001(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2021
Bro,I feel you pain,
But what I can say as a person,never get attached to a person it all about interest and they say information is power,its good to have enemy, but it better to know how to use dem for you purpose.
Move on and just wave it all out .
Have a time out in a new environment and think of positive ways to grow yourself better.
Re: It Took Me Late To Learn this Lesson about trust by RightToReject(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2021
Trustworthiness, or lack of it, isn't exclusive to any gender. So, the earlier you embrace the principle of coming into equity with clean hands and relating with people, no matter who, based on their ethical leanings rather than their gender, name, status, etc, the better for you.

In fact, one of the biggest dummies small-minded men ever sold to naive men is the whack thought that it's better to do good to fellow men than women because men are better in reciprocating goodness done to them than women.

Stop being a frenemy to others, and stop mistaking frenemies for friends.

(1) (Reply)

Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Couples Therapy Every Family Must Watch / 24 Skills That Will Make You Money In The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.