Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,714,061 members, 6,412,645 topics. Date: Friday, 30 July 2021 at 01:01 PM

30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed (111 Views)

5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng / Unimaid Is The Best University For Both Rich And Poor / 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by JohnNgene: 8:57am On May 06
Good morning my brothers. I'm writing this post as a response to this other post
by WhiteRuler https://www.nairaland.com/6539484/failure-please-rate-me that I saw on the front-page yesterday.

His post made me realize that there are many thirty-something years old Nigerian men like me who feel like failures for different reasons. The Nigeria of today seems far worse than the Nigeria of yesterday.

When my father was 30, for example, he was married to my beautiful mum. He had built a house in the village and was an established businessman with a head office at Onitsha and a branch at Lagos-Island. Life was good.

Today, I am 30+ still single and struggling. A total opposite of my father. No matter how bad things are, however, I choose not to despair. I choose not to be depressed because I know that there is hope.

But what about my agemates out there who feel hopeless, helpless and depressed? What about my agemates out there who feel like committing suicide to end it all?

That is why I created this post. I think we thirty-something years old Nigerian men need to support and encourage each other to succeed. I think we need to have a community or group that brings us together to meet, talk and collaborate towards success.

That need almost kept me awake last night till I got an idea. I call it "m3nt0rship".

The stylization of the spelling of m3nt0rship is deliberate. I used the figure "3" to replace the letter "E" and the figure "0" to replace the letter "O" to emphasize that it's a community for MEN who are 30 years and above.

Don't accuse me of being gender-baised biko. It's just that, from my observation, it seems as if majority of women in their 30s are far more successful than their male counterparts of the same age. I guess the main problem of thirty-something years old women would be a lack of a husband, loneliness and societal pressure to marry.

It's mostly men that lament about being jobless, broke and hungry. Na men dey ask for relationship advice on Nairaland every time. Na men dey suffer police brutality pass. Na men dey drink Sniper pass. Why men all the time? O gini di? Lol.

Brothers, if you're 30 years old plus and you think you need the company of other men like you who are determined to succeed, please search for @m3nt0rship on Telegram to join us.

You could also chat me up on WhatsApp 09095000603 with the words "Please add me to the m3nt0rship group" and I will add you.

Remember sey if you no spell "m3nt0rship" the way I spell am for here, you go pay fine before you join us o! Lol.

Re: 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by JohnNgene: 8:57am On May 06
This is the QR code. Scan and join the WhatsApp group directly.

Re: 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by JohnNgene: 8:58am On May 06
Booked in case I have something to add later.
Re: 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by gaius01(m): 9:02am On May 06
Arrrrrrrh

Wow this commendable !
Am not 3O, but I love the idea !
I pray it's yield positive result .
Re: 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by JohnNgene: 9:08am On May 06
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Wow this commendable !
Am not 3O, but I love the idea !
I pray it's yield positive result .

Thank you so much sir. You don't know how much your prayers and good wishes mean to me especially as you're the first to comment. Thank you. Chukwu gozie wu.
Re: 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by gaius01(m): 9:12am On May 06
JohnNgene:

Thank you so much sir. You don't know how much your prayers and good wishes mean to me especially as you're the first to comment. Thank you. Chukwu gozie wu.

Amen Nwanem !!
Re: 30, Jobless And Poor: We Can Still Succeed by marveangel(m): 9:22am On May 06
Good one bro

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Mourns As His Son, Dare Dies At 42 / Fastest Fingers Lexus GX460 Barely Used At 15m / How To Crack A Video Using Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.