Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside (22786 Views)

Is My Decision Ok For Me To Go Into Frying Akara And Fried Yam? / Start Selling This Device As A Side Hustle / Jobless & Frustrated Female Graduate Begs For Job By The Roadside With Placard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by nnadychuks(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2021
Romanoff:
Go very far from where you intend to sell it, look for someone who is into the business.

Tell the person you're planning to start selling very far from where the person is selling from o, so the person won't perceive you as a threat or competition.

Go with a paper and biro.

I believe that's the best place to get first hand knowledge.

Good luck.
my best advise don't teach anyone your business. Let them call you wicked, no wahala. I'm talking from experience
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:04pm On May 07, 2021
I like people with hustling minds and spirit.

May God bless your and our hustle.
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by humblestanley: 10:05pm On May 07, 2021
If you are not married please contact me before it's too late, how I wish someone like you will be made the minister of finance and budgeting in Nigeria.
bestabigaelever:
Small showglass-7k(used one on Jiji)
Bench-3500
Gas 3kg-3k(used one on Jiji)
Filling-#1200
Frying pot medium-3k
Small stew pot-1k
Yam-#1500
Potatoes-1k
Oil 5litre-4k
Pepper and it's accessories-1k
Ponmo-#500
Plantain-1k
Nylon-#500
Small Plates 1dozen-2k
Fork 1dozen-#600
Purewater 2bags-#340
Big umbrella-#9500
Umbrella holder from welder-5k
Medium speaker plus memory card-5k

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Romanoff(f): 10:08pm On May 07, 2021
richmond500:
One of the few times ur comment has been absolutely and ridiculously off

Believe it or not, not everyone has bad belle.

I've seen people teach a trade for free.

Everybody to him own market.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Kojiek: 10:08pm On May 07, 2021
jackcanfield:
What is the ROI after one month ..just curious.

100% or more

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 07, 2021
Kojiek:

100% or more
Hmmm
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by EgobiambuEmmanuel(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2021
This is brilliantly written! See the breakdown!!!

bestabigaelever:
Bench-3500
Filling-#1200
Frying pot medium-3k
Small stew pot-1k
Yam-#1500
Potatoes-1k
Oil 5litre-4k
Ponmo-#500
Plantain-1k
Nylon-#500
Small Plates 1dozen-2k
Fork 1dozen-#600
Purewater 2bags-#340
Big umbrella-#9500

3 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by moneyissweet(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2021
Wow, to marry you just dey hungry me.

bestabigaelever:
Bench-3500
Filling-#1200
Frying pot medium-3k
Small stew pot-1k
Yam-#1500
Potatoes-1k
Oil 5litre-4k
Ponmo-#500
Plantain-1k
Nylon-#500
Small Plates 1dozen-2k
Fork 1dozen-#600
Purewater 2bags-#340
Big umbrella-#9500

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Jh0wsef(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2021
Honchoslim16:
Please drop your comments.
I want to start ASAP.

Hmm. I like the hustle
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Zizicomm: 10:24pm On May 07, 2021
Honchoslim16:
I want to start ASAP.

First of All I want to beg you not to borrow or get any loan for this business. Its very risky. I implore.
You have to understand that this business is not a one man business except you want to overwork yourself. You need a person or 2 to support you (depending on your intended business size).
This Rainy season is the best time to go into this business. It will keep you prepared for the next season and it will let you study sale pattern.
When we been do this bizness that year na raining season dey bad pass....food dey carry over o...so sometimes u no to do too much...thats where studying pattern take enter.Or else you go chop potato and yam taya....at a point you go share..I have been there b4 you can holla. I go put u through.

This is what you will need:
Food Items:
1. Yam should be bought in bulk to cut cost. Don't buy in bits like you want to cook breakfast.
2. Potatoes A bag. Please make provision to combat rodents
3. A 20-25ltr Vegetable Oil. Buy good capped V/oil. Don't buy ABURO oh! It will only spoil the good taste of your fried piece. Never make the mistake of using oil already used to fry fish or meat it corrupts the fresh taste in the fried yam or potato.
4. Salt
5. Sauce: Pepper, Tomatoes, etc. I don't know what's on your mind but you're going to stew the Fried items
6. Fish: Its better fried, smoked or stewed (I like the Brama fish. It absorbs all the seasoning rubbed on it.
7. Meat n Ponmo
8.Flour: Thats if you will be frying the fish.

If you will adding bean Cake eventually let us know.
Sometimes you don't get to sell all eventually have to learn some preservation methods.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by vincentjk(m): 10:39pm On May 07, 2021
NwaNimo1:

Wifey material.....

[img]https://media1./images/317740c8827dfbd708782051eebab117/tenor.gif?itemid=4823415[/img]

See accounting......but why the speaker/memory card & pepper accessories biko?

If u enter where dem dey sell yam and stew and dem dey play better omahlay jam

Tell me say u nor go feel am? grin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Originalsly: 10:43pm On May 07, 2021
Hmmm..... want to be a roadside seller.... hmmm.... nice... no shame in your game. Cheers!
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by NwaNimo1(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2021
vincentjk:

If u enter where dem dey sell yam and stew and dem dey play better omahlay jam

Tell me say u nor go feel am? grin

Pepper accessories Nko?

[img]https://media1./images/bbc0c2df2e8f8730356ed877b41930d7/tenor.gif?itemid=15100453[/img]
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by odogwu190(m): 10:56pm On May 07, 2021
You can start with one yam, one onions and one pepper...make we see as e go be!!!!
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by IYANGBALI: 11:22pm On May 07, 2021
ajepako please answer
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by WoundedLamb: 11:26pm On May 07, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Not an intelligent advice, tell the op that u don't have an idea or better still don't comment.

Why not just give yours??

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by BarrElChapo(m): 11:27pm On May 07, 2021
Tadeus:

If the op is in Lagos, I can assist with big umbrella. I have one that came with my mikano gen but I don't need it

Honchoslim16 pls send Mr Tadeus the email not me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 07, 2021
Romanoff:
Go very far from where you intend to sell it, look for someone who is into the business.

Tell the person you're planning to start selling very far from where the person is selling from o, so the person won't perceive you as a threat or competition.

Good luck.

Best advice and very practical.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by WoundedLamb: 11:29pm On May 07, 2021
benson4u:
Oga she doesn't need all those heavy utensils. Let me give examples. A dozen of plastic flat plates #1,800, small pot for stew #800, a dozen of spoon #300, A bag of satchet water #300, 2tubers of yam #1,600, Potato #1,000, Plantain #1,500, a table and bench #7,500, firewood #1,500. Rough estimate for all these #16,300. Don't know the price of that big umbrella. But if you are using gas your estimate might increase. Just trying to help her start cause she doesn't need to start on a big scale. As the business progresses you can start adding other things. Hope it helps grin

Here I was thinking oil is needed! Thanks for the tips.
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Burgerlomo: 11:30pm On May 07, 2021
Romanoff:

Good luck.

In nutshell he should go and do some apprenticeship that doesn't require freedom in other to gain some knowledge of the trade.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by turawaa(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2021
White ponmo
Fried Meat

Some species of man, cannot eat without any of this 2 above
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 07, 2021
bestabigaelever:
Bench-3500
Filling-#1200
Frying pot medium-3k
Small stew pot-1k
Yam-#1500
Potatoes-1k
Oil 5litre-4k
Ponmo-#500
Plantain-1k
Nylon-#500
Small Plates 1dozen-2k
Fork 1dozen-#600
Purewater 2bags-#340
Big umbrella-#9500

Very detailed
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Rossinkup: 11:32pm On May 07, 2021
Honchoslim16:
I want to start ASAP.

You are using your head to get ahead, instead of waiting for somebody to give you job.

THAT ALONE IS GOLD - YOUR MINDSET.

Try and get at least 50k to start.

Word of advice:
PACKAGE YOUR BUSINESS WELL.

BRAND IT WITH SOME BRIGHT COLOURS & SIGNS ETC.

Give your joint a sharp name. Look and act proud of it.

Respect the business. You are offering a service and you are your own boss.

If possible, expand your offerings. Include fried meat/gizzard/snail etc and peppery stew in the menu.

Wear a uniform with badge. Anyone else you employ, same thing.

Treat your customers with a smile, friendliness, professionalism, and respect.

Place your joint in a strategic location with many passers-by.

You will be making serious money daily.

In 6 months, you will have more than enough to expand and move to the next level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by pozehnani(f): 11:49pm On May 07, 2021
PlayMaker14:
He said Yam and Potato not BEANS, always read and comprehend before you attempt to comment.

They are all the same Akara biz. Mr, "comprehender". I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by SavageMaster: 11:51pm On May 07, 2021
Darrell7:
Ok

Work on a six months contract writing articles from home.

Remuneration : 500,000 Naira.

If this opportunity interests you, signify your interest by sending a message on WhatsApp on

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2

Thank you

You just keep changing moniker and saying the same thing over and over again.
Yawns!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by InvertedHammer: 11:58pm On May 07, 2021
Honchoslim16:
I want to start ASAP.
/.
Before you start buying utensils....

Do you know how to cook?

Make you no go waste money buy utensils whereas you are bad cook. Double loss!

/

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by Stanleyville(m): 11:58pm On May 07, 2021
grin

10k go start mama put
Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by calcal: 12:02am On May 08, 2021
That's good, start from somewhere and gradually make it big.

My mother sells akara to build a house in Lagos but she is illiterate.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by GistFullGround: 12:09am On May 08, 2021
Hi,

I just searched the internet and found this, Locally Made Double Burner Industrial Cooker - ₦ 26,000 at JIJI.COM

You can find out more.

I like when young guys try to hustle in a clean way.

May God bless your business.

https:///lagos-island-west/kitchen-appliances/locally-made-double-burner-industrial-cooker-mypbinAMIGbSjiEanTgnLbP5.html?lid=NLuov3S9Y_aQ3AR4&cur_pos=1&pos=1&ads_count=24&ads_per_page=24&page=1

1 Like

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by jubrilELsudan: 12:25am On May 08, 2021
bestabigaelever:
Bench-3500
Filling-#1200
Frying pot medium-3k
Small stew pot-1k
Yam-#1500
Potatoes-1k
Oil 5litre-4k
Ponmo-#500
Plantain-1k
Nylon-#500
Small Plates 1dozen-2k
Fork 1dozen-#600
Purewater 2bags-#340
Big umbrella-#9500

To give you belle just dey hungry me.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Use To Start Selling Fried Yam And Potatoes By The Roadside by nedekid: 12:59am On May 08, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Not an intelligent advice, tell the op that u don't have an idea or better still don't comment.
That advice he gave is the best ever.
To learn a business, on site training is the best he can ever have. No book or school will substitute for practical training. Why do you think oyibo does internship, or even industrial attachments?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sumeru Nigeria Limited Recruitment / N-power News / Fraudster Posing As TY Danjuma's Son Clinches Job At Ministry Of Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.