Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies (33643 Views)

Arabs, Lebanese And Asians Are Very Heartless...jobs / Let's Talk About Joining Confraternity Before Getting A Job / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by zanshi: 1:42am On May 07, 2021
HaykynLibra:
Indian company is worst..One is AFL, located at Ikorodu -Sagamu road.. Oh my God.. This company has became a nation.. Dey get mouth die.. During covid-19 lockdown when everyone was contributing money to the government.. Diz stupid company also contributed N1Billion.. And it can't even pay its workers well.. Many workers start living on credit before payday..
An incident happened in 2019 claiming 3lives, those guys were burnt beyond recognition, u will even think d roasted human being was a roasted Ileya ram.. Everywhere scatter, some media even covered d news.. It was that time I thought d company would be shut down, only for them to bribe their way out, Many bad accident has happened dat causes pandemonium but the Useless government we have in d shithole did not care.. May God help us

Foundry no be that useless company wey the inside dey smell like sweet peper because of the iron smelting and all?

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Ashirioluwa: 1:43am On May 07, 2021
The blame is not on the company but our greedy leaders. Most of our leaders are also board of directors of this so called Chinese company. The Chinese are not the one treating us bad, it’s our own people

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by banggy: 4:04am On May 07, 2021
POS OPERATOR NEEDED AT AGUDA SURULERE

PLS CALL: 07034579079
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by aumeehn: 4:47am On May 07, 2021
ArewaNightmare:
grin blame ur useless and evil government bcuz if they upgrade minimum wage and NLC enforce it, all these private companies will pay it
lol! It's the abbreviation of GUYUK LGA.
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Burgerlomo: 4:55am On May 07, 2021
DuduParaPara:
And what happens if the workers decide to leave the work?

If the work conditions are not favorable and the pay isn't worth it then leave the job.

No job in the country, no job in the country, does not mean you should kill yourself.

If the workers team up and say enough is enough, the companies will sit up.

Just that there must be one or two Judas that will betray the rest.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by mrpackager(m): 5:16am On May 07, 2021
Is really sad....
Have worked in several factories around ota axis and I must tell the working condition is really harsh!
You work 7am - 7pm (12hrs) for as low as 350-700naira per day
The hustle is real , that's why it saddens me when I heard one retarded person saying Nigerian youths are lazy
Go to ogun state housing estate ota or Ogun Guangdong Free trade zone Igbesa
Go see how people put their lives at risk every single day and night.
I know of so many people who has sustain serious injuries owning to the poor working condition

These Foreigners doesn't care much about we Nigerians they will even threaten to sack you, putting you under so many pressure.

It's really sad jawe make I stop here

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by T4taiwo(m): 5:34am On May 07, 2021
We should be informed before we criticize any Lebanese company, not all Lebanese company enslaved their workers, I know of many that pay heavily especially when you have the desire experience.
The problem of Nigerian is that you want to be paid handsomely even when you can't contribute productively, am presently working in a Lebanese company and the salary is good plus other benefits

My brother gather experience and skills if you want to be value.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by KrazyDave16(m): 5:36am On May 07, 2021
Guess I can say I'm lucky.

Working in a company managed by some Chinese guys and an Indian.

The Chinese are chill (except the accounts guy, acts like he's afraid of catching covid-19 or something whenever anyone gets close to him), from the GM down to the Head Engineer. Act and talk smart around them and you got no issues with them.
Oh and don't knock when entering GM office, makes you look "uncivilized" grin

But the Indian, avoid him if you wanna enjoy the rest of the day.

Pay is above #40k if you don't miss a day for workers, staffs #80k-#300k minus bonuses. They increase the salary, though not much but we managing it.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by BigBashiru: 5:50am On May 07, 2021
AdeolaOmoOba:
Destroy their investments by creating your own highly competitive and more appealing investment.

Simple....instead of always playing/crying victim.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Nobody: 6:08am On May 07, 2021
My brother, na see finish cause am. Our Labour Law is sick. I don see a big Nigerian-owned company where all staff in their finance department go to work on Saturdays and they still do night shifts. Yes, you heard it well - night shifts. The company dey popular. I no wan mention name.

When Spain, Japan etc are experimenting with 4-days-in-a-week work, our own government sit down dey share money. Dem no dey think about health of their citizens.
lavylilly:
When are we going to talk about these Lebanese and Chinese companies running a modern slavery in Nigeria?

This Chinese company of a thing is total slavery o. Come to igbesa ogun state, you will see lots of Chinese company. Lemme start with viju milk company, their staff work 7am-7pm everyday and get 18k at the end of the month. There are lots of Chinese companies with low. Nigerians in those companies enabled them! It wasn’t always like this

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Kojiek: 6:22am On May 07, 2021
Achoghim case o.. Well, if the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by themanderon: 6:35am On May 07, 2021
The government has sold their citizens to them that's why they may not be willing to do anything to stop the exploitation and come to think of it the government also maltreats and exploits the citizens so they will see no reason to stop the foreign exploiters. And you may be surprised to also find out that your fellow wicked hearted Nigerians working in the same organizations at the highest levels that enable the foreigners to exploit their fellow Nigerians.
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Pious101: 6:41am On May 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Ogbeni....indian own worse....
Those years I get opportunity to work with national integrated power project(electrical power plant) in Benin city
And na expatriate I work with.....them Indians, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Pakistan....infact Indians were the administrative head....o boy we saw hell
The day I was employed....I almost got sacked the next day just because I miss the useless Indian tata bus...
That is how they were bringing their products to be used in Nigeria...our bus for transportation na Indian[tata]....when it is time to clock our working card....the stupid Indian admin go stand dey watch

One day the idiot admin started insulting me.....the idiot nor know say a real niggarrr don gather small money of about 170k from the job......
As he dey yarn he normal rubbish...na im i retaliate...I just tell am say he should shut up.....that light travel faster than sound that is why some people appear bright untill you hear them speak.....
Although I was saked....but atleast I don already gather small money....bought a laptop and I started bombing

The Thailand were more friendly....they thought me alot....cable glanding...I almost fall in love with electricity.....but the Indians were a thorn in the flesh or rather a pain in the asss

the bombing don pay?
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Martialb1(m): 6:43am On May 07, 2021
Freestainworld:
high unemployment rate is the cause of this mess, people are left with no other choice than to manage what they have

Bro not that what you said is bad ooh, but this is our main problem in this country as citizens.
We don too dey manage. An average Nigerian never sees the need to rise above his situation, we Will always say make I manage am sha work hard to find now. See as we are gradually managing herdsmen and ugm

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Btruth: 6:43am On May 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Those years I get opportunity to work with national integrated power project(electrical power plant) in Benin city
And na expatriate I work with.....them Indians, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Pakistan....infact Indians were the administrative head....o boy we saw hell
The day I was employed....I almost got sacked the next day just because I miss the useless Indian tata bus...
That is how they were bringing their products to be used in Nigeria...our bus for transportation na Indian[tata]....when it is time to clock our working card....the stupid Indian admin go stand dey watch

One day the idiot admin started insulting me.....the idiot nor know say a real niggarrr don gather small money of about 170k from the job......
As he dey yarn he normal rubbish...na im i retaliate...I just tell am say he should shut up.....that light travel faster than sound that is why some people appear bright untill you hear them speak.....
Although I was saked....but atleast I don already gather small money....bought a laptop and I started bombing

The Thailand were more friendly....they thought me alot....cable glanding...I almost fall in love with electricity.....but the Indians were a thorn in the flesh or rather a pain in the asss

things got messed up from the beginning with our leaders. Awolowo, Azikwe, Bello, Mallam Kano, all the pass leaders till the present, none have the love & interest of ordinary citizens at heart. No matter how you present this to the present NASS, they will turn a blind eye, because they are all making money from it. Do you know the numbers of Indian/Chinese company that Baba Iyabo is protecting in Ota & environs, till date. You will find out that they were doing all these because they are making money out of selling their brothers/sisters indirectly into slavery. But one thing is sure, the day of reckoning is fast approaching and all those oppressors & their sponsors will suffer. Nigeria is such a land of pains. cry

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by trilacos: 7:34am On May 07, 2021
Americans would never be treated the way nigerian are treated in their own country..NLC is just useless.
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by lavylilly: 7:54am On May 07, 2021
Per month
catice:
How? 18k perday or what? I'm not understanding this. Do you mean an 18k for a 12 hour shift for 30 days?
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by lavylilly: 7:55am On May 07, 2021
Yes
Elidrisy20:
18k are you serious
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Blackman101: 8:00am On May 07, 2021
In a country with low unemployment, corruption and poor security anything goes

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Hotspotbro(m): 8:16am On May 07, 2021
There's bad working conditions in china too.You know about the Uyghur muslims.it's a shame buhari supported china in that matter.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by abbeyty90: 8:31am On May 07, 2021
Reading all these comments regarding this issue makes me depress. I wonder if there still hope for Nigeria.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by ExpertNosa(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

How can I contact you let’s work together on bombing I live in the US

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by ProfAmaben(m): 8:51am On May 07, 2021
EtherconnectNG:
The only thing the Labour Union of Nigeria is good at is to go on a fruitless strike action.

To tackle situations like this they will definitely ignore!

What a country, a man is enslaved in his own land by a foreigner!

We are back to the slave trade era.

Oga or madam, leave labour out of this. Nigerians are not united. Nigerians are extremely wicked. Nigerians are used by these people against fellow Nigerians.

There's a company in Abuja named Bon Strauus Hotel owned by South Africans, a Nigerian slumped and died after working for 4 days straight, what did his fellow Nigerians do?

The company deducted the money used to take his corpse to the mortuary from his salary, the company refused using their personal vehicle to take him to the morgue.

Your fellow so-called Nigerians were laughing at him, they said if person no strong, he for no come do strong men work. That company is still fully operating till this day. They've owed their staff since December, nothing would happen.

All those evil Yoruba HR in MTN or evil Igbo HR in Chivita would never know peace. How can you justify paying someone only 35% of his salary in the name of contract while you hoard the rest? Is that also NLC's fault?

Leave NLC out of this brouhaha, till Nigerians are united against evil, nothing would change.

Up labour.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by vineyardfarms: 9:13am On May 07, 2021
lavylilly:
When are we going to talk about these Lebanese and Chinese companies running a modern slavery in Nigeria?

This Chinese company of a thing is total slavery o. Come to igbesa ogun state, you will see lots of Chinese company. Lemme start with viju milk company, their staff work 7am-7pm everyday and get 18k at the end of the month. There are lots of Chinese companies with low. Nigerians in those companies enabled them! It wasn’t always like this

blame your govt. How many industries/company has your govt established or enable to date?? Your govt throu their volt nnpc spending $1.5 billion to rehabilitate dead ph refinery - while shell sold a functioning refinery with double capacity for $1b- what stop govt/nnpc building new one?? My opinion

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Labadi69: 9:40am On May 07, 2021
lavylilly:

Guy, what are you complaining about? Do Nigerians treat their staff any better? Do you know how much these foreign guys bring in FDIs? Do you know how many jobs dem dey create? Or are you just bitter because dem come do business for Naija when Nigerians like you no fit? angry

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by samcity4u: 11:56am On May 07, 2021
yes ooo this us true
the slavery is beyond hell slavery.
igbesa, opic, agbara
many companies
many slaves
china, Lebanese, India
Are enslaving Nigerians with the help of some selfish and betraying person inside.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by saintcasmir(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2021
If our government is paying peanut as minimum wage, how do you expect private companies to pay well?

They are simply taking after the government.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by 9jaRealist: 12:40pm On May 07, 2021
lavylilly:

How much do many Nigerian-owned companies pay, if they pay regularly at all?
And how long do staff work at Nigerian companies (even ignoring domestic staff that are simply SLAVES in many Nigerian households)?

We have labor laws in this country (including a minimum wage law), which is often ignored...
But instead of focusing on the matter, some choose to resort to XENOPHOBIA, when these foreigners are merely following our lead.
>
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by gforce5: 12:54pm On May 07, 2021
Why are lots surprised? This has been going on for decades. I will highlight the problem as follows:

1. We have a lax immigration system that allows any tom, dick and harry to get into the country. A lot of these foreigners do not have legal documents to be in the country but alas, they bribed our immigration officials to let them have their way.

2. Nigeria does not have any strong labour laws. We have the Labour Act that is not enforced. As a result of this, these foreigner have taken advantage of that loophole to treat our their staff with impunity.

3. These guys have seen how we treat each other and have acted on instinct. If Nigerians treated each other with dignity, would these jokers treat us like trash in our own country?

4. Inferiority complex. Most Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex. They see any non-black person as "white", "oyinbo". Until we get rid of this mindset, we will continue to be slaves in our own country.

5. Lastly, another problem is corruption. Nigeria is a country where you can get away with murder once you have a lot of money. They have observed that you can bribe the police and soldiers to do your bidding. We are talking about a country where soldiers are holding the personal handbags of female civilians because of money!

Solve the aforementioned problems and these guys will be forced to respect themselves.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by Oshokalo: 2:46pm On May 07, 2021
Everything dey spoil dey go for this country,a nd we are smiling asive its going to be be Ok,if Nigerian factory worker can stand their ground and protest against this modern slavery,demand this Chinese Lebanese to leave their country unless they make amendment govt go hear,if he become topic on Twitter for weeks
Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by blaky007: 2:48pm On May 07, 2021
lavylilly:

@mrpackager, @HaykynLibra, @Gsauce, @Slawormiir, @SenseBoy, @moneyboyz, @joysticks and the rest contributors here, let's go beyoiund venting anger.

Re: When Are We Going To Talk About These Lebanese And Chinese Companies by NgHotGirls: 6:19pm On May 07, 2021
Freestainworld:
high unemployment rate is the cause of this mess, people are left with no other choice than to manage what they have

Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure / Nigerian Police Force (NPF) Exam - 8 Facts To Take Home / Hilton Worldwide FINESSE Graduate Finance Programme.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78