Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan (4480 Views)

The Virtues Of The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan / Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2021
"Is it better to give in charity in the last ten days of Ramadaan, or to spend the nights of those days in prayer and dhikr which is the only special thing about those nights?."

Praise be to Allah.

What was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning staying up at night during the last ten nights of Ramadaan is that those nights should be spent in prayer and dhikr.

Charity during Ramadaan is better than charity at other times, but we do not know of anything in the Sunnah to indicate that giving charity in the last ten days is better.

But the scholars stated that righteous deeds are better when done at times of virtue, and undoubtedly the last ten nights of Ramadaan are better than any other nights, because Laylat al-Qadr is among them, which is better than a thousand months.

Whatever the case, what is prescribed for the Muslim is to give a great deal of charity throughout Ramadaan. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the most generous of people and he was at his most generous during Ramadaan. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6; Muslim, 2308

And Allaah knows best.Praise be to Allah.

What was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning staying up at night during the last ten nights of Ramadaan is that those nights should be spent in prayer and dhikr.

Charity during Ramadaan is better than charity at other times, but we do not know of anything in the Sunnah to indicate that giving charity in the last ten days is better.

But the scholars stated that righteous deeds are better when done at times of virtue, and undoubtedly the last ten nights of Ramadaan are better than any other nights, because Laylat al-Qadr is among them, which is better than a thousand months.

Whatever the case, what is prescribed for the Muslim is to give a great deal of charity throughout Ramadaan. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the most generous of people and he was at his most generous during Ramadaan. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6; Muslim, 2308

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/37720/giving-charity-in-the-last-ten-days-of-ramadaan

4 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by Sabadon(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2021
Ramadam kareem

4 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by WiszyFraud: 10:02am On May 07, 2021
Did you know??

Eating late at night increases blood sugar levels, heart diseases, obesity & acidity.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by Yommychrz(m): 10:03am On May 07, 2021
Jumuah mubarak, May Allah forgives our sins

2 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by iammo(m): 10:03am On May 07, 2021
Time to donate boyntifuly and get awesomely rewarded

3 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by heartbraker(m): 10:03am On May 07, 2021
A
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by vickydevoka(m): 10:10am On May 07, 2021
As believer make person help my life. I've been jobless. Even to go interview the hard me bcuz of t.p. . Make Allah touch Muslim brothee make him help me.
U fit swear for the money ,say if I de lie make I no see good thing for life n make I de childless
I want tell una how en be me
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by AntiAPC2023(f): 10:11am On May 07, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Eating late at night increases blood sugar levels, heart diseases, obesity & acidity.

cool
fallacy
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by Harrykn: 10:16am On May 07, 2021
Hope say I nor go chop ban cus I just accepted I’m an afonja and a blood sucking demon from one religion of peace. Let allah be praised but mek e try bench some of his disobedient children troubling our state and villages. Insha Allah.
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by Harrykn: 10:18am On May 07, 2021
iammo:
You are in the wrong thread,MOVE!
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by iammo(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2021
Harrykn:
Hope say I nor go chop ban cus I just accepted I’m an afonja and a blood sucking demon from one religion of peace. Let allah be praised but mek e try bench some of his disobedient children troubling our state and villages. Insha Allah.

If not for low self esteem, if the God and Jesus you worship makes you happy why are you so troubled about other people's religion

5 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by RingRoadMafia: 10:40am On May 07, 2021
iammo:

If not for low self esteem, if the God and Jesus you worship makes you happy why are you so troubled about other people's religion

Oga shut up, your fellow Muslims are the ones troubling the whole world. Tell your god to tell them to stop killing innocent souls and kidnapping people.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by iammo(m): 10:43am On May 07, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

Oga shut up, your fellow Muslims are the ones troubling the whole world. Tell your god to tell them to stop killing innocent souls and kidnapping people.

You claim they trouble you, yet you spend the better most productive hours of your morning on their thread and Islamic section even when Christianity has countless topics and thread

Only an ignorant person wouldn't know that Christians and Muslims kill almost at the same rate arround the world... Low self esteem, bigotry , and bitterness would always make a person not to see crimes perpetrated by people he shares belief with

3 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by Sterope(f): 10:53am On May 07, 2021
Do you know you are aevised to eat healthy?

WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

cool
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by RingRoadMafia: 10:54am On May 07, 2021
iammo:

Only an ignorant person wouldn't know that Christians and Muslims kill almost at the same rate arround the world... Low self esteem, bigotry , and bitterness would always make a person not to see crimes perpetrated by people he shares belief with

The worst person you can lie to is yourself. People kill people round the world on a daily basis but how many of them do it in the name of religion? Name only 1 Christian terrorist group you know that kills people in the name of Jesus Christ? Terrorism and murder is another name for Islam. Islamists have been maiming innocent souls since it's inception till date! All over the world there are Islamic terrorist groups, thousands of them breaking into different factions and wrecking havoc. From Boko Haram to Isis, ISWAP, HAMAS, Muslim brotherhood, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab, IMC, The Taliban, Egyptian Brotherhood amongst a host of many others. These people murder in the name of their religion, not for their own personal reasons. These people are responsible for the deaths of millions of people globally!

Bro tell yourself the truth, I thought you are fasting??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by iammo(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

The worst person you can lie to is yourself. People kill people round the world on a daily basis but how many of them do it in the name of religion? Name only 1 Christian terrorist group you know that kills people in the name of Jesus Christ? Terrorism and murder is another name for Islam. Islamists have been maiming innocent souls since it's inception till date! All over the world there are Islamic terrorist groups, thousands of them breaking into different factions and wrecking havoc. From Boko Haram to Isis, ISWAP, HAMAS, Muslim brotherhood, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab, IMC, The Taliban, Egyptian Brotherhood amongst a host of many others. These people murder in the name of their religion, not for their own personal reasons. These people are responsible for the deaths of millions of people globally!

Bro tell yourself the truth, I thought you are fasting??

Like I said ignorance fuelled by bigotry is your major problem

Americans commited the biggest act of terrorism known to mankind in Hiroshima and Nagatasha, but guess what, 1.8 billion Muslim Ummah worldwide never for one day blamed Christianity

America a Christian country, destroyed Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya, by using CIA to train and fund terrorist who enable them steal oil and resources, yet 1.8 billion innocent Muslims didn't blame Christianity

Colonialist missionary and their explorers, took slaves , killed people , plundered resources for century, conquered territory accross Africa, killing kings and soldiers, looting artifacts. Never would any of the 1.8. Billion Muslims worldwide blame Christianity

The reason we don't blame you is we would rather condemn the crime, than gloat on faith of the criminal

3 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by RingRoadMafia: 11:29am On May 07, 2021
iammo:

Like I said ignorance fuelled by bigotry is your major problem

Americans commited the biggest act of terrorism known to mankind in Hiroshima and Nagatasha, but guess what, 1.8 billion Muslim Ummah worldwide never for one day blamed Christianity

America a Christian country, destroyed Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya, by using CIA to train and fund terrorist who enable them steal oil and resources, yet 1.8 billion innocent Muslims didn't blame Christianity

Colonialist missionary and their explorers, took slaves , killed people , plundered resources for century, conquered territory accross Africa, killing kings and soldiers, looting artifacts. Never would any of the 1.8. Billion Muslims worldwide blame Christianity

The reason we don't blame you is we would rather condemn the crime, than gloat on faith of the criminal

The level of ignorance you just displayed shows how unbalanced your thinking faculties are.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were casualties of WW2. It was never a religious war. Moslems were never the target. Infact, Japan was a widely Buddhist and Shintoist country as at then and it still is till date. So why will muslims blame Christianity when the war was never religious?

Two countries were at war, and you're here trying to twist the story. We are talking about a group of people who come together to hatch plans on how to kill people who don't practice their religion and you're saying rubbish about America that was at war.

If truly America trained terrorist groups to cause civil unrest in these countries you mentioned still remains a topic for debate. Even so, America couldn't have done that if there weren't provisions for it in your quoran. Terrorist groups have already existed before then and the U.S may have sought to exploit them inorder to make gains, it wasnt done in the name of Jesus. It wasn't done in the name of Christianity. You didn't hear anyone shouting "PRAISE JESUS" while doing it, did you? It wasn't done so Libyans, Iraqis or Syrians can convert and become a Christian state. It was done for oil. That's if at all it was done.

And as for colonialists, everyone was a victim of that. The British brought religion and civilization, Uthman Dan Fodio brought religion and death. Aside killing people and forcing them to convert, there was nothing else Uthman Dan Fodio brought to the north. Nothing!

Now answer my question: Name just ONE christian terrorist cell that kills people in the name of Jesus Christ. Just ONE!

On a final note: you can't blame Christianity for crimes that weren't committed in its name, that's why the 1.8 Billion Muslims could not blame these atrocities on christianity as a religion. But these terrorists on the other hand, Shekau, Osama, Al-bhagdadi and co all base their abominations on principles of Islam. Shekau can show you quoranic verses that back up his crimes. They all have one goal: To bring Jihad upon supposed unbelievers. These islamic terrorists are fighting a religious war with the whole world IN THE NAME OF ISLAM. Stop deceiving yourself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by AhmaduBello: 11:48am On May 07, 2021
RingRoadMafia:

The level of ignorance you just displayed shows how unbalanced your thinking faculties are.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were casualties of WW2. It was never a religious war. Moslems were never the target. Infact, Japan was a widely Buddhist and Shintoist country as at then and it still is till date. So why will muslims blame Christianity when the war was never religious?

Two countries were at war, and you're here trying to twist the story. We are talking about a group of people who come together to hatch plans on how to kill people who don't practice their religion and you're saying rubbish about America that was at war.

If truly America trained terrorist groups to cause civil unrest in these countries you mentioned still remains a topic for debate. Even so, America couldn't have done that if there weren't provisions for it in your quoran. Terrorist groups have already existed before then and the U.S may have sought to exploit them inorder to make gains, it wasnt done in the name of Jesus. It wasn't done in the name of Christianity. You didn't hear anyone shouting "PRAISE JESUS" while doing it, did you? It wasn't done so Libyans, Iraqis or Syrians can convert and become a Christian state. It was done for oil. That's if at all it was done.

And as for colonialists, everyone was a victim of that. The British brought religion and civilization, Uthman Dan Fodio brought religion and death. Aside killing people and forcing them to convert, there was nothing else Uthman Dan Fodio brought to the north. Nothing!

Now answer my question: Name just ONE christian terrorist cell that kills people in the name of Jesus Christ. Just ONE!

Your Point is valid. It seems apparently that Islam is breeding terrorism but you are actually wrong.

Religion evolve.

There was a time in history where Christianity had similar issue.
Crusaders era, Assassin's era. War was declared on behalf of the church.

When the author of English Bible translated the Bible from Latin, he was persecuted and killed.

Scientist were arrested for heresy eg Galileo.

But overtime, Christianity became liberalized.

Overtime Islam will be open to all, with worship to Allah Being personal, it is already happening in some core Islamic country because for a community, country or state to develop it must enshrine liberty and personal responsibility as its moral constitution

But for now, it is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by jamiudarex(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2021
Ramadan kareem
To those guys arguing up there I think you don't have work to do grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by adam4success(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2021
iammo:
Salam alaikum bless me with anything.
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by RingRoadMafia: 1:44pm On May 07, 2021
AhmaduBello:

Your Point is valid. It seems apparently that Islam is breeding terrorism but you are actually wrong.

Religion evolve.

There was a time in history where Christianity had similar issue.
Crusaders era, Assassin's era. War was declared on behalf of the church.

When the author of English Bible translated the Bible from Latin, he was persecuted and killed.

Scientist were arrested for heresy eg Galileo.

But overtime, Christianity became liberalized.

Overtime Islam will be open to all, with worship to Allah Being personal, it is already happening in some core Islamic country because for a community, country or state to develop it must enshrine liberty and personal responsibility as its moral constitution

But for now, it is what it is.

I appreciate your inputs, bro. I like it when people approach topics with facts and not emotions. That being said, if you think that my point is valid then how exactly am I wrong?

Talking about religion evolving, while the crusaders were doing their thing, your holy prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was doing the exact same thing in the middle east. Christian popes saw the folly of their ways and stopped. Christianity evolved since the late 1800's but up till now, Islam has refused to evolve. Despite human civilization, despite our technological advancements, despite our social maturity, Islam has still refused to stop killing people for not believing in their god. That is all shades of WRONG!

Quote me, and believe me when I say this, Islam will never evolve until the apostate law is abolished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by iammo(m): 1:46pm On May 07, 2021
adam4success:

Salam alaikum bless me with anything.

Send your act
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by adam4success(m): 1:47pm On May 07, 2021
[quote author=iammo post=101464889]

Send your act[/
Alhamdullilah
Re: Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan by iammo(m): 1:52pm On May 07, 2021
adam4success:

S

Done

You may remove your details now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solat Subhi And Personal Effectiveness. / I Speak For The Muslim Woman / Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.