Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,171 members, 7,867,393 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Secondus Running PDP Aground, Tenure Plagued By Fraud-afegbua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secondus Running PDP Aground, Tenure Plagued By Fraud-afegbua (196 Views)

Jos Crisis: Banditry-Plagued Kaduna Evacuates Students From Plateau / How Uzodinma's Victory Was Obtained By Fraud / Uzodinma Obtained Judgment by Fraud, Ihedioha tells Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secondus Running PDP Aground, Tenure Plagued By Fraud-afegbua by Yeskem: 11:37pm On May 06, 2021
Former commissioner of Information of Edo State, Prince Kassim Afegbua, recently petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practice Commission (ICPC) to investigate the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Uche Secondus for allegedly mismanaging the party’s funds. Afegbua who isn’t new to controversies insists in this interview with, KEMI YESUFU, that the leadership of the main opposition party should give account on money raised by the party. The former commissioner also speaks on President Muhammadu Buhari’s handling of the challenges facing the country, saying the current administration is adverse to criticism.

You petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Independent Corrupt Practice Commission (ICPC) to investigate alleged fraud by the national chairman of your party, Mr. Uche Secondus. Have you gotten any response?

It’s one thing to petition EFCC and ICPC, it’s another thing for them to act. As anti-graft agencies, they study a petition sent to them, they will look through the allegations and then assign the case. The ICPC has called to say they’ve received my petition and it is receiving attention. I petitioned the anti-graft agencies because of our national chairman, whom in my estimation has not been transparent. I believe that as members of the party should know how much was raised and the expenditures made. We need know if expenditures made followed due process. It is left for the anti-graft agencies to take action.

As a member of opposition, aren’t you worried about your national chairman being indicted by the anti-graft agencies? His indictment could also mean his removal as chairman…

I even want him leave. As national chairman he hasn’t given the party bite. PDP is a party with structures in all of the LGAs and states of the federation. The party has very strong presence nationally, but we have a national chairman that lacks capacity to contend with topical issues, position the party to earn more respect, position the party to gain the support of the electorate-he hardly talks. He hardly visits radio or television stations to speak on topical issues or express his opinion on the aspirations of the people. I don’t see him taking action to place the party on stronger pedestal to contest for power. I am of the position that instead of tolerating the national chairman’s obvious incompetence, it is better for the party to overhaul and retool itself by easing out the national chairman and all other non-performing persons.

Read more@: https://frontlinenews.com.ng/secondus-running-pdp-aground-tenure-plagued-by-fraud-afegbua/

Re: Secondus Running PDP Aground, Tenure Plagued By Fraud-afegbua by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 06, 2021
PDP as an opposition party is a DISGRACE.

(1) (Reply)

When Is Seyi Makinde Going To Close This Paedophile Camp In Oyo State? / Fulani Herdsmen, Igbo Gunmen, Boko Haram, Bandits May God Save Nigeria / Eid-al-fitr: C/river Catholic Bishop Of Ogoja Commemorates With Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.